Lee McCulloch - centre back

Muff

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't do a lot wrong today but not a lot right either.

He cleared things and won headers that the striker didn't contest for? Not that impressive.

What was unimpressive was his needless foul, not winning headers, Dargo troubling him, giving dangerous balls to the midfield and him causing the goal to some extent.

overly harsh

Lee McCulloch could find the cure for cancer and Boab still wouldnt give him credit.

:mutley:

I think everyone's been a bit harsh, From what I saw he was ok. I'd be really worried if he was up against a quality strikeforce but he seemed to do deal well with headers and made one or two good tackles. Still I think Bougherra's a far better centre back.

Surely this would of been a better order to put everyone. I know McCulloch at Left Back is frankly terrifying, but at least 3/4 are in their correct position.

Whittaker ---- Broadfoot ----- Weir ------ McCulloch

McCulloch shouldn't of been in the defence at all!

McMillan____Weir____Broadfoot____Whittaker or something like that.

Surely this would of been a better order to put everyone. I know McCulloch at Left Back is frankly terrifying, but at least 3/4 are in their correct position.

Whittaker ---- Broadfoot ----- Weir ------ McCulloch

McCulloch shouldn't of been in the defence at all!

McMillan____Weir____Broadfoot____Whittaker or something like that.

Looking at that defence is like looking at a new kind of spider or something. It just doesn't create good vibes.

Whittaker , Bougherra , Weir and Papac is our optimum back four in my view , given the current squad.

I thought that this was a slap in the face for St Mirren. I mean, imagine playing a forward at CB to 'try him out', it's shocking. Especially when we have the likes of Dailly & Hemdani who have at least been tried there already.

I've been quoted as saying I hope Dailly gets nowhere near the 1st team agian, but surely he must be a far better option than Lee.

Somethings just not right. We spend £2.5m on Edu who can cover CB but he plays a striker!?!?!?!

I think everyone's been a bit harsh, From what I saw he was ok. I'd be really worried if he was up against a quality strikeforce but he seemed to do deal well with headers and made one or two good tackles. Still I think Bougherra's a far better centre back.

With respect, surely the part in bold goes without saying?

McCulloch was generally ok today because he was under no pressure for almost 75 minutes. When he was needed both him and Broadfoot went walkabout when St Mirren scored. Both were caught out of position as Miranda went in between them to score.

I think St Mirren deserve a wee bit of credit for their goal. It was very well worked, and if anything I would've blamed Kirk. Will need to see the goal again, but I can't recall Big Lee doing anything wrong. If anything he was over-cautious for most of the match - passing it back to Shagger too often.

I suspect quite a few people were watching him like a hawk, trying to pick up on the slightest thing he did wrong so they could jump on his back. I thought he looked comfortable and actually coped with Mehmet's physical presence very well.

I suspect quite a few people were watching him like a hawk

Your damn right I was - a selection that should have never entered any manager's head!

:lol:

Were you at the game Muff?? I thought you'd handed back your ticket? <cr>

I must admit that for most of the game McCulloch was a bit better than I expected in that he did win a few headers, some of them even with one of the St Mirren players near him.

However the St Mirren attack was pretty woeful for most of the match. I'd hate to think how he would do against a better team. Against Celtic it doesn't bear thinking about - just how many chances do we want to give to Nakamura to have a go.