Ferguson's return

nvager

Against all good normal practice B Ferguson played 90 minutes in both his last two games Wednesday, Saturday and now is about to START for Scotland vs Argentina tomorrow, Wednesday.

Is this not just plain stupid?

Walter said on the first Wednesday that he would not play 90 minutes, but Barry said oh no, 90 it is.

Walter then said he doubted Barry could start after just two days rest on the Saturday, but Barry played 90 minutes.

Now Barry is starting vs Argentina.

Who is looking after Rangers interests here?

Looks to me like its just a matter of time before Barry and Rangers take a beating over this.

I hope I am wrong.

Anyone else find this a strange way to nurse Barry back to health?

Well for a start he should not have been picked ahead the likes of Edu. He just simply is not fit to start 3 games in a row, with 2 of them being 90 mins.

In the Motherwell game and the St Mirren game at the weekend he was knackered by 60-70 mind and should have been replaced. If he continues his comeback like this he will pick niggles up left right and centre.

Against all good normal practice B Ferguson played 90 minutes in both his last two games Wednesday, Saturday and now is about to START for Scotland vs Argentina tomorrow, Wednesday.

Walter said on the first Wednesday that he would not play 90 minutes, but Barry said oh no, 90 it is.

Walter then said he doubted Barry could start after just two days rest on the Saturday, but Barry played 90 minutes.

Looks to me like its just a matter of time before Barry and Rangers take a beating over this.

I hope I am wrong.

If you are looking for logic, consistency, and sense - look elsewhere.

When Walter Smith said before a recent game that 'Barry's not quite there yet, trying to ease him in, but he's ready (possible slight paraphrase)' I realised finally once and for all that it is very hard to take seriously much of anything football folk say in the press.

You will see constant hypocrisy in word and action.

Don't try to make sense of it.

I hope I am wrong.

If you are looking for logic, consistency, and sense - look elsewhere.

When Walter Smith said before a recent game that 'Barry's not quite there yet, trying to ease him in, but he's ready (possible slight paraphrase)' I realised finally once and for all that it is very hard to take seriously much of anything football folk say in the press.

You will see constant hypocrisy in word and action.

Don't try to make sense of it.

Cant argue with that.

:lol: :lol:

Burley in the ET the other day says that Barry will play the vast majority of the game today vs Argentina. Does this make sense to anyone seeing he has now played too many games for Rangers in a short spell after being out for so long? I can see Barry geting injured again soon. Some sort of groin strain or hamstring problem.

Barry's choice no doubt - Robson has pulled out aswell so I expect to see Ferguson play the full 90.

Now we don't know what's happening with Steven Davis, it may not be a serious personel thing but if he's missing for Saturday and Ferguson plays the full match then we are going to have problems.

I have absolutely no idea why Ferguson's return has been conducted in the way it has. You could say that Thomson's injury necessitated Ferguson coming back earlier, but it didn't really. Why not move a fully match fit and relatively on form Davis into the centre, or switch like for like with Thomson/Edu?

So basically it makes no sense to me at all, and like you I wouldn't be at all surprised if he picked up another 'niggly' injury soon. It's clear that no lessons have been learned regarding Ferguson and injury.

I have absolutely no idea why Ferguson's return has been conducted in the way it has. You could say that Thomson's injury necessitated Ferguson coming back earlier, but it didn't really. Why not move a fully match fit and relatively on form Davis into the centre, or switch like for like with Thomson/Edu?

So basically it makes no sense to me at all, and like you I wouldn't be at all surprised if he picked up another 'niggly' injury soon. It's clear that no lessons have been learned regarding Ferguson and injury.

i agree with you about davis/edu should have played in the centre until ferguson was fully match fit. however, at the scotland press conference ferguson DID admit his comeback was rushed due to thomson's injury

As much as I berate him, I was walking to my car from Uni today thinking: "Fuck, we're the only fanbase I know of that would complain about having a Barry Ferguson and Pedro Mendes central midfield pairing for the SPL".

:D

As much as I berate him, I was walking to my car from Uni today thinking: "Fuck, we're the only fanbase I know of that would complain about having a Barry Ferguson and Pedro Mendes central midfield pairing for the SPL".

:D

very good point. we're in a rare positon of having too much quality in a position imo

Up until Thommos injury we were playing some of the best stuff we had seen in years. Surely we should have been replacing like for like which would mean Edu or even Dailly (seriously!) in the engine room before fitting Fergie in for the sake of it. looks like it is a case of 'If it aint broke - break it'! :rolleyes:

Up until Thommos injury we were playing some of the best stuff we had seen in years. Surely we should have been replacing like for like which would mean Edu or even Dailly (seriously!) in the engine room before fitting Fergie in for the sake of it. looks like it is a case of 'If it aint broke - break it'! :rolleyes:

I would never, ever, ever play Christian Dailly.

Not even in front of a half-fit Ferguson, not a chance.

He is a highly experienced member of the team, in fact he is a man in his thirties, surely he must say to Walter that he cannot be rushed back and that he has trust in the other players to take the starting jersey for another couple of games.

If this has not happened then that says to me the Walter doesn't have much belief in the other squad members. If that is the case then he (Walter) is at fault as he has bought the majority of the players who are in our first team squad, if it is rather the case that behind the scenes Barry is demanding to play then that says to me that Walter is another manager who will not stand up to him. Either way Barry is not coming out of this smelling of roses as he is either

a) Rushing himself back when he knows he will be at higher risk of further injury due to not believing in other players ability

b) Not standing up to Walter and saying 'wait a minute, I have a future after football and don't want to be crippled for the rest of my life for the sake of a couple of games

I'm not a Barry hater by any stretch of the imagination, just calling this particular scenario how I see it, maybe I am wrong here I don't know, I just think someone has to take the bull by the horns and say 'Barry no play - he just back from injury' (in best childlike voice)

Ok, I will give you that one! Hemdani then (Forgot about him!)

Club comes before country and IF he plays the full 90 mins at Hampden i think he should drop down the rankings of automatic starters at Ibrox - wee cunt likely thinks because Kevin Thomson is out he's a cert to start games.. :craphead:

...time for Walter to give this arrogant wee sod a wake up call methinks!!!!! :mad:

Club comes before country and IF he plays the full 90 mins at Hampden i think he should drop down the rankings of automatic starters at Ibrox - wee cunt likely thinks because Kevin Thomson is out he's a cert to start games.. :craphead:

...time for Walter to give this arrogant wee sod a wake up call methinks!!!!

! :mad:

If Barry tells Walter he's starting, then he starts.

Did you see the quote from Smith re: the Motherwell game? He said he was going to take Barry off, but 'it was the player's decision' to stay on the park! doh

Remind me, what is it Walter's getting paid for?

Ok, I will give you that one! Hemdani then (Forgot about him!)

Thought he was supposidly injured.

No chance of him getting a game had he been fit - Dailly and McCulloch started ahead of him against Kaunas.

Kevin Thomson's injury came at a really bad time imo. But even so, there is no excuse to play Fergie constantly with Mo Edu, Hemdani and Davis all available for the same position. If Baz gets injured again becuase of this I will be pissed off, there is no need to constantly risk him like this :angry2:

Just mind-boggling that after two 90 minute games three days apart (Wed - Sat.) after being out for months, here we find Burley saying Barry will play the vast amount of the game tonight. What must Barry and Walter be thinking?

We have a critical game on Saturday vs Aberdeen and is S Davis available due to family problems? What then if Barry is injured? Who is looking out for RFC?

Surely Barry must be a 45 min man at most tonight.