Murray has a go at Reid

OlegKuznetsov

FFS - It appears Jim Traynor and Chick Young have got into some fans heads on here with their sensationalist pish last night.

The interview wasnt about the Famine song or Poppies or anything. It was a commemorative piece talking about Murrays life pre and post Rangers. He was asked a question abuot the media and slammed them and he was asked a question about his relationship with Celtic and he answered it honestly.

It would have been totally stupid to start going off on one about silly tit-for-tat shite during that interview.

(tu) 100% correct Ynwa. Traynor in particular was trying to drum up a bit of interest by sensationalising a couple of minor comments made by SDM. And the suckers fell for it hook, line and sinker! doh

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Murray: Here, remember you're in Glasgow where everything you say or do can cause ABH. And well seeing you didn't have the balls to say anything when you were looking for votes, eh?

Reid: I'm not sucking up to anyone!

He's such a simpleton he probably doesn't even realise that his reply confirms Murray's rather nice barb about not being upfront with his pan-Celtica outlook when x's were at stake...the contrast between Reid then and Reid now is stark. He neatly falls into the hole already dug for him (would that it were literal) by his criminal past - today he merely adds another layer of hypocrisy.

:clap::clap: Sanity prevails!

for the first time in a long time i am actually impressed with something david murray has said. Hes quite right to come out and say it. Reid is a prick and the media frenzy over the famine song is just silly. Constant IRA chants, orange barstewards, huns the nacho novo song etc from the scum and yet Reid devoted 75% of his AGM speech to something we sing. It is a bit silly to say the least. Maybe if he actualy devoted as much time to sorting out his own fans there wouldnt be half the problem.

(tu)

Spot on!

Just listening.

I'll give you updates as to the content.

Murray warns Reid over comments

Rangers chairman Sir David Murray has urged his Celtic counterpart John Reid to be more careful with his comments.

Reid has condemned a section of the Rangers support for singing the Famine Song during games this season.

"I'm recently a wee bit concerned by some of the inferences and innuendo that's come from John," said Murray.

The Rangers chairman, who bought the club for £6m in 1988, was speaking exclusively to the BBC to mark his 20th year in charge of the Ibrox club.

The Famine Song refers to events that killed an estimated one million people in the 1840s and led to a mass migration from Ireland.

During his interview with the BBC, Murray said: "I find it strange that a man could become a member of parliament representing a whole broad church of people from Airdrie and Shotts but then can also be the chairman of a football club and come out with a different slant.

Please turn on JavaScript. Media requires JavaScript to play.

"I suppose he can say that because he knows he doesn't have to be re-elected to be Airdrie & Shotts again. I'm concerned by some of the comments.

"I give the utmost respect to Celtic football club - they've got a great tradition but I am recently a wee bit concerned by some of the inferences and innuendo that's come from John and I think he's got to be careful and realise he's not barracking in the house of commons any longer.

"We are in a society in Scotland where every point and every word is picked up by everybody and he should be very careful with some of the chat."

The full interview will be broadcast on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme, on Thursday at 1810 GMT.

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...ers/7738171.stm

Published: 2008/11/20 12:58:35 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

Too little and tooooooo late - now he's just trying to buy time, ie keep the pressure off myself for a few months and maybe some of these daft Rangers supporters will think i'm changing into a good Chairman!

Just listening.

I'll give you updates as to the content.

Murray warns Reid over comments

Rangers chairman Sir David Murray has urged his Celtic counterpart John Reid to be more careful with his comments.

Reid has condemned a section of the Rangers support for singing the Famine Song during games this season.

"I'm recently a wee bit concerned by some of the inferences and innuendo that's come from John," said Murray.

The Rangers chairman, who bought the club for £6m in 1988, was speaking exclusively to the BBC to mark his 20th year in charge of the Ibrox club.

The Famine Song refers to events that killed an estimated one million people in the 1840s and led to a mass migration from Ireland.

During his interview with the BBC, Murray said: "I find it strange that a man could become a member of parliament representing a whole broad church of people from Airdrie and Shotts but then can also be the chairman of a football club and come out with a different slant.

Please turn on JavaScript. Media requires JavaScript to play.

"I suppose he can say that because he knows he doesn't have to be re-elected to be Airdrie & Shotts again. I'm concerned by some of the comments.

"I give the utmost respect to Celtic football club - they've got a great tradition but I am recently a wee bit concerned by some of the inferences and innuendo that's come from John and I think he's got to be careful and realise he's not barracking in the house of commons any longer.

"We are in a society in Scotland where every point and every word is picked up by everybody and he should be very careful with some of the chat."

The full interview will be broadcast on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme, on Thursday at 1810 GMT.

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...ers/7738171.stm

Published: 2008/11/20 12:58:35 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

Too little and tooooooo late - now he's just trying to buy time, ie keep the pressure off myself for a few months and maybe some of these daft Rangers supporters will think i'm changing into a good Chairman!

A realy do hate when people say shit like that.