Murray has a go at Reid

OlegKuznetsov

Just listening.

I'll give you updates as to the content.

Murray warns Reid over comments

Rangers chairman Sir David Murray has urged his Celtic counterpart John Reid to be more careful with his comments.

Reid has condemned a section of the Rangers support for singing the Famine Song during games this season.

"I'm recently a wee bit concerned by some of the inferences and innuendo that's come from John," said Murray.

The Rangers chairman, who bought the club for £6m in 1988, was speaking exclusively to the BBC to mark his 20th year in charge of the Ibrox club.

The Famine Song refers to events that killed an estimated one million people in the 1840s and led to a mass migration from Ireland.

During his interview with the BBC, Murray said: "I find it strange that a man could become a member of parliament representing a whole broad church of people from Airdrie and Shotts but then can also be the chairman of a football club and come out with a different slant.

Please turn on JavaScript. Media requires JavaScript to play.

"I suppose he can say that because he knows he doesn't have to be re-elected to be Airdrie & Shotts again. I'm concerned by some of the comments.

"I give the utmost respect to Celtic football club - they've got a great tradition but I am recently a wee bit concerned by some of the inferences and innuendo that's come from John and I think he's got to be careful and realise he's not barracking in the house of commons any longer.

"We are in a society in Scotland where every point and every word is picked up by everybody and he should be very careful with some of the chat."

The full interview will be broadcast on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme, on Thursday at 1810 GMT.

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...ers/7738171.stm

Published: 2008/11/20 12:58:35 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Murray says that John Reid should be more careful in his words. He has great concern over the "inferences and innuendos" recently made by Reid, particularly as MP for Airdrie and Shotts. He also said Reid wouldn't be so outspoken if he was seeking re-election, rather than retiring and that he is only playing it for the headlines to pander to Celtic fans.

Well said Sir David! (tu)

Murray says that John Reid should be more careful in his words. He has great concern over the "inferences and innuendos" recently made by Reid, particularly as MP for Airdrie and Shotts. He also said Reid wouldn't be so outspoken if he was seeking re-election, rather than retiring and that he is only playing it for the headlines.

Well said Sir David! (tu)

I know Murray has to watch what he says carefully - but that's not quite a scathing attack. Better than nothing, though.

Just listening.

I'll give you updates as to the content.

Murray warns Reid over comments

Rangers chairman Sir David Murray has urged his Celtic counterpart John Reid to be more careful with his comments.

Reid has condemned a section of the Rangers support for singing the Famine Song during games this season.

"I'm recently a wee bit concerned by some of the inferences and innuendo that's come from John," said Murray.

The Rangers chairman, who bought the club for £6m in 1988, was speaking exclusively to the BBC to mark his 20th year in charge of the Ibrox club.

The Famine Song refers to events that killed an estimated one million people in the 1840s and led to a mass migration from Ireland.

During his interview with the BBC, Murray said: "I find it strange that a man could become a member of parliament representing a whole broad church of people from Airdrie and Shotts but then can also be the chairman of a football club and come out with a different slant.

"I suppose he can say that because he knows he doesn't have to be re-elected to be Airdrie & Shotts again. I'm concerned by some of the comments.

"I give the utmost respect to Celtic football club - they've got a great tradition but I am recently a wee bit concerned by some of the inferences and innuendo that's come from John and I think he's got to be careful and realise he's not barracking in the house of commons any longer.

"We are in a society in Scotland where every point and every word is picked up by everybody and he should be very careful with some of the chat."

The full interview will be broadcast on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme, on Thursday at 1810 GMT.

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...ers/7738171.stm

Published: 2008/11/20 12:58:35 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

Will wait to here the full interview tonight but im always in favour of the measured approach rather than full guns.

Its very hard to lose an argument with a hot-head on full rant when rational goes out of the window. For evidence, you just need to look at the diference between Leveins and Smiths comments about the "cheating" officials.

For all his negatives, Smith was measured in what he said and let it be known what he thought without actually saying it.

I know others would just prefer that SDM came out and called them all dirty taigy t****** terrorist trotting kuntos but not i :lol:

If Murray spoke the same way as Reid does then he would just be accused of being a hypocrite!

Not really. A happy medium would be nicely.

Remember we're talking about how the Mhedia would report anything that is said!

They never reported his poof remark to Spiers

When do you ever expect them to report the truth? :D

"I give the utmost respect to Celtic football club - they've got a great tradition"

That's staggering.

They question our integrity one season, label our support racist the next and he's hitting out with that pish.

I'm not saying for a moment he should have went out all guns blazing, but that's weakness pure and simple.

If Murray spoke the same way as Reid does then he would just be accused of being a hypocrite!

Not really. A happy medium would be nicely.

Remember we're talking about how the Mhedia would report anything that is said!

They never reported his poof remark to Spiers

When do you ever expect them to report the truth? :D

Haha good anwser :D