Murray has a go at Reid

OlegKuznetsov

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"We all want to be a little indulgent to David on his 20th anniversary, but I'm not entirely sure of the points he is trying to make regarding inference and innuendo.

"In any case, no one should be under any illusion that in defending the welfare of Celtic and our supporters I will continue to comment when appropriate, without fear or favour.

"I know we all welcome David's respect for Celtic's traditions and we congratulate him on 20 years at Rangers Football Club".

And with those few words Reid just verbally battered Murray onto the ropes big time and let him know in no uncertain terms that he is out of his depth!

make no mistake, Reid will chew him up if this goes to a full on public debate via the media and it would be better for Murray to shut the f*ck up now and let it be.

"We all want to be a little indulgent to David on his 20th anniversary, but I'm not entirely sure of the points he is trying to make regarding inference and innuendo.

"In any case, no one should be under any illusion that in defending the welfare of Celtic and our supporters I will continue to comment when appropriate, without fear or favour.

"I know we all welcome David's respect for Celtic's traditions and we congratulate him on 20 years at Rangers Football Club".

And with those few words Reid just verbally battered Murray onto the ropes big time and let him know in no uncertain terms that he is out of his depth!

make no mistake, Reid will chew him up if this goes to a full on public debate via the media and it would be better for Murray to shut the f*ck up now and let it be.

A rather baffling interpretation.

Only if you can't read between the lines at the completely condecending reply Reid gave.

The guy is a seasoned and very experienced politician and if Murray starts a full on debate with him, Reid will wipe the floor with him and the media will be drooling over it.

FFS - It appears Jim Traynor and Chick Young have got into some fans heads on here with their sensationalist pish last night.

The interview wasnt about the Famine song or Poppies or anything. It was a commemorative piece talking about Murrays life pre and post Rangers. He was asked a question abuot the media and slammed them and he was asked a question about his relationship with Celtic and he answered it honestly.

It would have been totally stupid to start going off on one about silly tit-for-tat shite during that interview.

Only if you can't read between the lines at the completely condecending reply Reid gave.

The guy is a seasoned and very experienced politician and if Murray starts a full on debate with him, Reid will wipe the floor with him and the media will be drooling over it.

Yer arse. In your dreams. Reid is a worm. A former alcoholic, alleged sex pest, terrorist loving worm at that and couldnt at one stage wipe his own shite off the floor. (tu)

He's a smarmy and sleazy f*ckwit.

That's all that's in those words and the lines between them.

I can read between the lines.

Appropriate - putting the boot in to appease and curry favour with his own fans re the TFS.

Inappropriate - Condemning his own fans who have been singing about the I ran away all season at away games. The reasons why they had to have the totally inappropriate minutes applause for the war dead.

Celtic 'no comment' since 1888.

A quick response from Reid which sticks up for his club and makes our chairman look stupid - that's what a real chairman is about.

I await Murray's response - in 4 weeks time.

I disagree.

Reid looks every bit the slippery, sleazy politician, trying to sneak his way out of answering the question.

SDM made it clear what he referred to without being explicit or rude.

John Reid knows.

The press knows too.

Basically, Murray has said Reid stepped over the line, without doing so himself in response.

If Reid plays silly buggers, the press will know it and have a go at him, either soon or when they smell blood.

Reid's unwise remarks will return to haunt him

This may be a good time for Airdrie and Shotts Bears to write to Reid about his false accusations of racism, hypocrisy since Celtic fans, including himself sing racist anti-British songs and that this irresponsible behaviour causes greater friction between the communities.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know everyone would love to see SDM come out with all guns blazing but he,s playing a classic game. Your point is well made Oleg. Reid is the most contemptible politician in the UK. Blair is widely accepted as the most morally bankrupt PM we,ve ever had and yet most Labour MP,s were willing to put up with him. Reid, however, was a leader no one could stomach. They threatened to leave the party rather than accept Reid as leader.

By being calm and reasonable in his comments, SDM draws Reid out to behave like a rottweiller while SDM comes over as a calm and rational man. SDM makes Rangers appear as the class act we are.

Reid makes Celtic appear as the scum they are.

Yer arse. In your dreams. Reid is a worm. A former alcoholic, alleged sex pest, terrorist loving worm at that and couldnt at one stage wipe his own shite off the floor. (tu)

Precisely.

He played a major role in Britain's part in the Iraq war including the dodgy dossier, the support for ID cards, genetic databases, draconian "terror" laws and breaches of human rights. There's also the uranium tipped munitions and cluster bombs.

I know him through his antics at election nights.

Yep, Reid just destroyed Murray with that one.

Jesus, he's one of the most repellent human beings on the planet. I have no idea how men like him get to sleep at night. Presumably by being either too stupid to grasp what they are, too arrogant, or both. Why wasn't there more of a big deal made by us - and them - when he got appointed anyway?

I'm sure we, along with the millions of grieving innocents in Iraq will have the last laugh when this evil little troll shrieks his last breath as the inevitable and richly deserved heart attack judders through his corrupt body.

EDIT: hmm. This was actually in reply to YNWA. I'm too slow a typer it seems.

A quick response from Reid which sticks up for his club and makes our chairman look stupid - that's what a real chairman is about.

I await Murray's response - in 4 weeks time.

I disagree.

Reid looks every bit the slippery, sleazy politician, trying to sneak his way out of answering the question.

SDM made it clear what he referred to without being explicit or rude.

John Reid knows.

The press knows too.

Basically, Murray has said Reid stepped over the line, without doing so himself in response.

If Reid plays silly buggers, the press will know it and have a go at him, either soon or when they smell blood.

Reid's unwise remarks will return to haunt him

This may be a good time for Airdrie and Shotts Bears to write to Reid about his false accusations of racism, hypocrisy since Celtic fans, including himself sing racist anti-British songs and that this irresponsible behaviour causes greater friction between the communities.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know everyone would love to see SDM come out with all guns blazing but he,s playing a classic game. Your point is well made Oleg. Reid is the most contemptible politician in the UK. Blair is widely accepted as the most morally bankrupt PM we,ve ever had and yet most Labour MP,s were willing to put up with him. Reid, however, was a leader no one could stomach. They threatened to leave the party rather than accept Reid as leader.

By being calm and reasonable in his comments, SDM draws Reid out to behave like a rottweiller while SDM comes over as a calm and rational man. SDM makes Rangers appear as the class act we are.

Reid makes Celtic appear as the scum they are.

(tu)

You don't have to call Reid a w*nker on air. You can merely highlight it and watch him take the bait and repeat the performance.

Appropriate - putting the boot in to appease and curry favour with his own fans re the TFS.

Inappropriate - Condemning his own fans who have been singing about the I ran away all season at away games. The reasons why they had to have the totally inappropriate minutes applause for the war dead.

Exactly. Reid's inconsistency and hypocrisy has been exposed by Murray.

He's a smarmy and sleazy f*ckwit.

That's all that's in those words and the lines between them.

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine and as far as I'm concerned Murray's no better.

And Murray's not a hypocrite? Two words....Carlos Cuellar!

And Murray's not a hypocrite? Two words....Carlos Cuellar!

Definition of hypocrisy - the refusal to apply to ourselves the same standards we apply to others.

Would you like to try again?

In what way does it not refer to that.

Clearly, they are trying to load things in favour of SCANDAL! and drama by phrasing it in that way, but it certainly does refer to the Potato Famine.

I read with dismay the posts on this topic until Oleg brought some realism to the table. Have any of you guys ever had to deal with the press or been in a position where your comments are made from a position of power. SDM will when he wants have John Reid used for arse paper, because he was a politician does not mean he is more switched on than SDM. The one thing we all agree on is that we are better than them in all walks of life yet you want our chairman to drop to that level, i would rather our chairman said nothing than acted like them.

In my humble opinion SDM,looks down on the likes of Reid as an underling way beneath him. Murray is a hardnose business man who knows the score,and he could wipe the floor with Reid,but does,nt want to get into a slagging match through the media with the manks. I think he was dropping a wee hint that he[sDM] is watching and listening to Reid and just letting him know he,s none to pleased with Reid,s attitude and comments. Theres ways of saying things without shouting and swearing,and SDM, is just saying am watching you son,Reid,s like one of those classic comedy sketches where a commoner lands at a toffs party sooner or later he,ll say something stupid everyone will stop and look at him with the contempt he,s due, and the host will snap his fingers and the butler will ask him to leave the party.

Guest Andypendek

Murray: Here, remember you're in Glasgow where everything you say or do can cause ABH. And well seeing you didn't have the balls to say anything when you were looking for votes, eh?

Reid: I'm not sucking up to anyone!

He's such a simpleton he probably doesn't even realise that his reply confirms Murray's rather nice barb about not being upfront with his pan-Celtica outlook when x's were at stake...the contrast between Reid then and Reid now is stark. He neatly falls into the hole already dug for him (would that it were literal) by his criminal past - today he merely adds another layer of hypocrisy.

for the first time in a long time i am actually impressed with something david murray has said. Hes quite right to come out and say it. Reid is a prick and the media frenzy over the famine song is just silly. Constant IRA chants, orange barstewards, h*** the nacho novo song etc from the scum and yet Reid devoted 75% of his AGM speech to something we sing. It is a bit silly to say the least. Maybe if he actualy devoted as much time to sorting out his own fans there wouldnt be half the problem.

Hate to say I told you so(dont really)

'Sep 19 200809:51 PM' post='2752119']

PS - I am 99% convinced that the Chiefs of Celtic and Rangers have a gentlemans agreement to never attack each other on bigotry/damage/sectarian issues cause they both no its only a can of worms, hence its taken some FUD to kick all this stuff off big style. (tu)

Phil Mc Gobble a man (nice one Oleg :lol: ) started this, Reid joined in when he shouldnt have, hence SDM now having a "DIGNIFIED" pop at him.

Reid is up to his knees in shit as Timmy all know the REAL reason he has been put in by Desmond and thats to use his political "influence" in other business interests. He probably thought having a cheap shot at Rangers was the best way to get the fans back on side, which has worked in some quarters.

He is a cok of the highest order and SDM would have him for brekkie, lunch, dinner and schooltime tuc shop if they went toe to toe. (tu)