Suming up our Managerial Feelings

Railcard

Ally  

113 members have voted

1. 1. who should be the next manager

• Ally McCoist of Course
    • Please just get back to the future

I doubt Billic has genuine asspirations to manage an old firm at this moment in time, and in all honesty I took those comments with a pinch of salt when he said it.

He was asked the question when he was over here for that friendly in March, and like so many people do when asked by the press of that country they tend to say things that will present them in a positive light.

He said the exact same thing, only replacing Old Firm with The Premiership when asked by English journalists last week.

Just somebody that has a good tactical awareness, a bit of man management skills and some trust worthy scout colleagues that will be able to find cheap players that are better than half the dross we have at the moment.

There are a few managers out there that tick all these boxes, but not Ally/Walter/McDowell/Durrant.

Phil Brown is a good shout although he'll be judged on his time at Derby where he was rotten.

He should have been given the Bolton job, he did a great job in the 6 or 7 games he was incharge, only to see it given to Allerdyce. He assisted him for 5 or 6 seasons before going to Derby.

He's done an amazing job at Hull. He's found some good players, got the most out of others, he's a good man manager, he's a good tactician and best of all, he's respected.

No chance of Moyes - just signed a new 5 year deal.

Compensation my man...compensation!

Might be worth it!

You got the £15m it would cost to buy out his contract?

Minty might leave it as a parting gift??

Yeah..that would be too steep..pity though..I think hes done a good job down there.

Phil Brown is a good shout although he'll be judged on his time at Derby where he was rotten.

He should have been given the Bolton job, he did a great job in the 6 or 7 games he was incharge, only to see it given to Allerdyce. He assisted him for 5 or 6 seasons before going to Derby.

He's done an amazing job at Hull. He's found some good players, got the most out of others, he's a good man manager, he's a good tactician and best of all, he's respected.

I have to ask, by whom?

Because, Smith and McCoist seem to be highly resepected in the game, higher than most in Scottish football, apart from by some on here. Not having a pop, just a fact

I would say yes purely on the fact there are no obvious and outstanding targets we can realistically go for. If we do get the title back this year, it will be down to McCoists input as well and so will deserve his chance. There is no way SDM would stick him in purely on what he means to the Rangers fans and his past as if that was the case he would have given it to someone like Richard Gough years ago. If Ally gets the gig, it will be on merit, and will get my backing.

voted no as we could end up chasing scumtic every year and before you know it they will be sitting on 6 titles

If they get this title and the champions league cash with it we could be looking at 10.The chances are we wouldn't qualify for the C/L so they would be branching away from us even more.We should be discussing Mccoist only if we win the league as beforehand is hypothetical.If we don't win it Mccoist should be back with Sue Barker!

voted no as we could end up chasing scumtic every year and before you know it they will be sitting on 6 titles

If they get this title and the champions league cash with it we could be looking at 10.The chances are we wouldn't qualify for the C/L so they would be branching away from us even more.We should be discussing Mccoist only if we win the league as beforehand is hypothetical.If we don't win it Mccoist should be back with Sue Barker!

agreed i think sue could do a job in the backroom staff