Graeme Souness

Imodium

Is Graham Souness waiting in the wings if things don't go to plan over the next couple of years? The majority of us would love to see Super Ally move into the big chair when Walter hangs up his managers coat but part of me feels this is wishful thinking. I'm not too sure Ally would be ready to take such a high profile job with his inexperience at this level.

i could imagine Souness in the dressing room pre old firm riling the players up - the players would be frightened to go back if they lost and this is what we need. A boot up the arse in a sense - no more nervy encounters - he's the type of manager that would give you the belief you would bag a hat trick in a match and that your willie is 15" long. The man has contacts and I'm sure plenty of supporters would like to seem him back to finish what he started.

This isn't an attack on WS but at 60yrs old he shouldn't go on much longer in terms of family etc. He should look back on a glittering Rangers career and be proud of what he has achieved.

any1 would be better than walter smith tbh

Even kenny McDowall?! :rolleyes:

havnt saw kenny mcdowall manage before so cant really comment lol

:lol: Thankfully I doubt anyone has.

Ian Durrant? I remember he managed us for a game before Walter joined.

Lost 3-2 against Dunfermline in the SC, and that was the year they were relegated aswell! :rolleyes:

Lost 3-2 against Dunfermline in the SC, and that was the year they were relegated aswell! :rolleyes:

ok i get ur point lol, the point i was makin was that i would take souness back in a heartbeat if it meant that walter would leave

ok i get ur point lol, the point i was makin was that i would take souness back in a heartbeat if it meant that walter would leave

Fair enough, but I wasn't having a go at you with the Durrant thing.

Was only bringing up the fact he should be kicked in the balls! :(

o right :blush:

aye ur right lol he shouldve been kicked in the balls

o right :blush:

aye ur right lol he shouldve been kicked in the balls

If he has any!

No. we have already went back the way with walter, dont want to go even further back with graeme souness. the guy was our manager nearly 20 years ago FFS :unionflag:

But they were glory days..... was cracking watching Rangers at the top of the league by Christmas..... :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

They were glory days, but very different days...... we had the england captain leading us out, had money to burn and could sign pretty much anyone in the british isles. I couldnt see souness luring john terry to ibrox now a days!! unless we wait til hes about 35

Based on the evidence of what he has acheived since leaving us, I wouldnt touch him with a bargepole. If he is that great at putting the fear up players, how come he failed at every club since Rangers?

Wrecking ball of a manager.After Rangers he has managed although not in order Liverpool,Southampton,Blackburn,Newcastle,Torino,Benfica and Galatasaray, i think thats the list, all with little success, no ta from me, unless he is the front man for a bid.

No. we have already went back the way with walter, dont want to go even further back with graeme souness. the guy was our manager nearly 20 years ago FFS :unionflag:

But they were glory days..... was cracking watching Rangers at the top of the league by Christmas..... :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

The main reason Souness was successful in his time here was that the English were banned from European competition, therefore we could entice some of their best players to Rangers with the promise of top-class opposition in Europe. He's failed in every other managerial position he's held, and should never be allowed to manage Rangers again. I'd take him as Chairman if he was backed by serious money though. He has Rangers in his heart. :rangers: