Graeme Souness

Imodium

we owe him a big thank you, he restored pride back in the club and set the foundations for walter to win 12 in a row. but walter blew it after nine and said he could take us no further.

We sure do! He helped get rid of the handicap of our sectarian signing policy for a start! :mutley:

we owe him a big thank you, he restored pride back in the club and set the foundations for walter to win 12 in a row. but walter blew it after nine and said he could take us no further.

Didn't Smith win 6 of of those 9? Bit unfair to suggest that Souness was the main reason we got 9 in a row and then "Walter blew it".

The bottom line is that we were in a very favourable position then and had little competition. Any half decent manager should have been able to win the league.

There is ample evidence that Souness is a very mediocre manager at best and I wouldn't touch him.

Didn't Smith win 6 of of those 9? Bit unfair to suggest that Souness was the main reason we got 9 in a row and then "Walter blew it".

The bottom line is that we were in a very favourable position then and had little competition. Any half decent manager should have been able to win the league.

There is ample evidence that Souness is a very mediocre manager at best and I wouldn't touch him.

look at the mess we were in when he came into the club, plus i never said that souness was the main reason we got nine in a row. he set the foundations for walter to break the record and win ten but walters was not able to do it, because of negative tactics and playing players out of position.

Things were so bad under PLG that we had to go back to a manager who's time was up a decade ago.

Despite all the anti Walter brigade and the doom mongers there is absolutely no way we have declined so much since Walter came back that we need to turn to a guy who left the club eighteen years ago <cr>

I liked the way he owned up to signing mistakes and moved the players out of the club quickly--without having to pay them fortunes to leave. However, players and managers should never return after their spell at the club, it rarely works although there have been a couple of exceptions.