1. 1. would you welcome him back

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hhhmm I dunnon as every club he has been he has spent massive amount of cash

exactly thats why it would be a no from me....we dont have the money to give Advocaat to build a team of the "Advocaat Standard"

move forwards not backwards. Bringing back Smith was a good move at the time but the club needs to move onwards and another step into the past would not be the correct move IMO. For all Advocaats success he had some spectacular failures too, I dont think he could get the current crop playing the way he would want and there isn't the money to bring in players he would like.

However if he can convince Arshavin to come with him then sign him up :P

his teams played football 100 times better than smiths! he does seem to spend alot of money though and i could see him having problems with some players. mcleish and smith are very lax with players lifestyles etc. leguen wasn't hence the problems. wee dick certainly isn't and i could see him actually slapping adam and boyd. i think he would put fergie in his place though and maybe even get the best out of him football wise.

it's interesting that dick's discipline made fergie but by the time le guen came barry had gotten to be such a presence that he couldn't take very similar discipline. in my opinion alex mcleish lacked stature and didn't have the full respect of the players and we have in some ways paid for it ever since.

He made some big mistakes at Rangers, I accept that but we played the best football I have ever seen under him and fans are quick to blame him for Murray's failings.

How is Murray in anyway to blame for the collapse Advocaat overseen?

Murray has enough faults, but every manager who speaks of him all tell that he leaves them alone to do their job.

Absolutley no. Spent a fortune to win the league and do hee haw in europe. Almost bankrupt the club with his spending. I like to watch great football, but not to the total detriment of the club. The Mcleish lean spending years were as a result of Wee Dicks mega spending. No thanks

He made some big mistakes at Rangers, I accept that but we played the best football I have ever seen under him and fans are quick to blame him for Murray's failings.

How is Murray in anyway to blame for the collapse Advocaat overseen?

Murray has enough faults, but every manager who speaks of him all tell that he leaves them alone to do their job.

Funny you mention "overseen" that's exactly Murray's job - not Advocaat's ... to oversee everything from (mostly) finances and it's also ultimately his responsabilty.