Lee McCulloch - should Maldini be worried?

Danny

An absolute disaster waiting to happen. There is no way he should be in centre of defence. He shouldn't be in the team at all!

Nowadays we seem to be happy with people who will do a decent enough job.

A decent team will absolutely tear him to shreds.

What like Motherwell did at Fir Park or St Mirren did at Love Street or United at Ibrox?

Oh wait, sorry, the 4 goals conceded in the latter 2 and the million chances the home side in the first one got didn't involve Lee...

How the hell is he an 'absolute disaster waiting to happen' when our team has fucked up without his help this season?

What do you define as an absolute disaster?

Some of the negative superlatives I read on this forum are over the top at times.

He's done well against two teams that haven't won at Ibrox for a combined 40 years or so.

You don't have to be a football expert to see that he'll get absolutely ripped apart by faster, more skillful teams.

Like Dundee United...

An absolute disaster waiting to happen. There is no way he should be in centre of defence. He shouldn't be in the team at all!

What like Motherwell did at Fir Park or St Mirren did at Love Street or United at Ibrox?

Oh wait, sorry, the 4 goals conceded in the latter 2 and the million chances the home side in the first one got didn't involve Lee...

How the hell is he an 'absolute disaster waiting to happen' when our team has fucked up without his help this season?

Some of the negative superlatives I read on this forum are over the top at times.

Yep as I said, an absolute disaster waiting to happen, that's my opinion.

His positioning is awful, he's really not as good as some make him to be in the air, his tackling is not very good and his distribution is mediocre. I'm just waiting for the usual Lee McCulloch challenges - elbows up or hack them down and giving them away in the position he plays will cost us. Any decent player will terrorise him and any decent manager will tell their players to get at McCulloch all day long.

He along with Broadfoot were at fault for the St. Mirren goal, he also gave away a few fouls after they had equalised that could have cost us. He lookes shaky when under pressure.

Maybe over the top in your eyes but not in mine. Only at Rangers would we play so many players out of position - it's a complete and utter joke, especially when they are not even good in that position.

Lee McCulloch at the back is like watching Gary Caldwell in the centre of midfield for celtc - awful!

So because we've conceded goals without McCulloch in the team that means he can't be a disaster waiting to happen? How does that work?

He's done well against two teams that haven't won at Ibrox for a combined 40 years or so.

You don't have to be a football expert to see that he'll get absolutely ripped apart by faster, more skillful teams.

Like Dundee United...

I think Hearts away will be a massive test for him, and Dundee Utd an even bigger one.

It's more of a slight on the team as a whole that I now don't look forward to games against average SPL teams like the two I mentioned due to a very rational fear of dropping points.

I think Hearts away will be a massive test for him, and Dundee Utd an even bigger one.

I hope he's nowhere near the team when we play these two!

We'll struggle enough without going into these two games with McCulloch at CB.

Ok, overlooking the slight levity of the title, it seems Lee is being used in CB while Bougherra is unfit. And tbh, I don't think he's done badly at all. His positional sense has been good overall, he gets in quite a few good clearances, and he's not scared to slide in.

We know he's good in the air, he's no wimp, and he's not the slowest around.

tbh, I'd rather have Lee in there than Hemdani or Dailly. I think he's done better than many expected.

I've got a feeling a lot of RM Bears are going to be eating crow(what's new) pretty soon.He certainly doesn't look too bad,does he. (tu)

Ok, overlooking the slight levity of the title, it seems Lee is being used in CB while Bougherra is unfit. And tbh, I don't think he's done badly at all. His positional sense has been good overall, he gets in quite a few good clearances, and he's not scared to slide in.

tbh, I'd rather have Lee in there than Hemdani or Dailly. I think he's done better than many expected.

I've got a feeling a lot of RM Bears are going to be eating crow(what's new) pretty soon.He certainly doesn't look too bad,does he. (tu)

I hope you're right.

hip.. (tu)

While he isn't an ideal replacement for Bougherra, the bottom line is that we've picked up 6 points when he has been playing. So he has played well enough for Rangers to win and hasn't made any game-ruining mistakes. Thats good enough for me.

Aye we have... leave the guy alone... ;)

When Papac made that blunder at Parkhead to cost us a goal it was 'just an error, it happens'. Lee hasn't even made one and in his case it's 'he's too slow, he will cost us'.

Fitba fans,eh?

:mutley:

Webster's the full-bhuna CB and McCulloch has already proved more worthy in the position.

Thought I'd bump this as both of their goals, the first one especially, were hardly dealt with well by supposedly our first choice defender.

As RFC2007 said in another thread, had Lee done that he'd have been hunted out the country.

McCulloch did well in defence and 'a better team didn't tear him to shreds', they chose Bougherra instead. And I actually feel we'd have been better off with Lee because the pivotal moments in the air Bougherra completely fucked up at.

btw, this is not me picking on Bougherra, this is me pointing out the criticism of Lee at the back was plain unfair.