Underrated Players

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heurelho Gomes. One of the best goalkeepers in World football, and the media still make him out to be a complete clown. Fucking mugs.

He still can't take a cross for shit.

He's one of a large group of goalies who are good shot stoppers, but fuck all else.

Heurelho Gomes. One of the best goalkeepers in World football, and the media still make him out to be a complete clown. Fucking mugs.

No bias here then :pipe:

None. I was desperate for us to sign him after that performance against us in the UEFA Cup - before we were even linked with him.

He's one of a large group of goalies who are good shot stoppers, but fuck all else.

Sorry mate, but that's utter cobblers. He's anything but a 'good shot stoppers, but fuck all else'.

Gomes' commanding of his area is class. The fact he nips so many potential efforts on goal in the bud before they have a chance to materialise is so, so often overlooked, and when this pro-active style leads to the occasional mistake, the media are all over it like rash. Gomes really is World class, and the only area he genuinely lacks is his kicking, which is pretty poor.

Tottenham benefit so much more by having Gomes between the sticks. It's no coincidence that we broke our all time record of home clean sheets last year, despite having a very unsettled defence and midfield.

No bias here then :pipe:

None. I was desperate for us to sign him after that performance against us in the UEFA Cup - before we were even linked with him.

Sorry mate, but that's utter cobblers. He's anything but a 'good shot stoppers, but fuck all else'.

Gomes' commanding of his area is class. The fact he nips so many potential efforts on goal in the bud before they have a chance to materialise is so, so often overlooked, and when this pro-active style leads to the occasional mistake, the media are all over it like rash. Gomes really is World class, and the only area he genuinely lacks is his kicking, which is pretty poor.

Tottenham benefit so much more by having Gomes between the sticks. It's no coincidence that we broke our all time record of home clean sheets last year, despite having a very unsettled defence and midfield.

Fair enough with your opinion and that, but Gomes would probably struggle to make my top 15 keepers.

Fair enough with your opinion and that, but Gomes would probably struggle to make my top 15 keepers.

I'm happy to disagree :) When you say top 15, do you mean in the EPL, or in the World? I'm as honestly as the day's long when I say I believe there isn't 5 better keepers than him.

I'm happy to disagree :) When you say top 15, do you mean in the EPL, or in the World? I'm as honestly as the day's long when I say I believe there isn't 5 better keepers than him.

In the world :lol:

I'll agree Gomes is definately in the top 15 EPL keepers :lol:

Cech, Reina, Hart, Jaaskalinen, Frey, Buffon, Casillas, Julio Cesar..

Keepers better than Heurelho Gomes, IMO of course :D

Iker Casillas, Gigi Buffon, Pepe Reina, Sebastian Frey, Manuel Neuer, Julio Cesar, Sergio Asenjo, Petr Cech, Victor Valdez, Shay Given, Brad Friedel, Hugo Lloris, Igor Akinfeev, Jussi Jaaskelainen, Justo Villar, Sergio Romero......I could keep on going.

I do rate Gomes, just not as good as these names above, and I could probably think of more. If it wasn't for his ridiculous blunders, poor handling, and failure to deal with crossed balls, he'd be a top, top keeper, and that's the difference!