Underrated Players

Darren Fletcher isn't excellent, but his work rate and creativity merit a lot less abuse than he takes.

Fletcher is rated highly by Man utd fans now. For most, he is one of the 1st on the team sheet.

Of course he'd be rated by his own fans. They're not exactly going to be the core of his haters, are they?

My point was that, on a more grand scale, he's under-rated. Even Arsene Wénger dismissed him almost as a cart horse, but I don't agree with that judgement and think that he's been excellent this term. So, aye, he's under-rated.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you could add Riquelme but he's highly rated by just about everyone, he's just never made the move to the Premiership. I'm sure there have been offers but he prefers the quiet lifestyle apparently. Amazing footballer, i remember him at Ibrox he was simply awesome

I think Robert Pires was slightly under-rated at Arsenal

Guest SandyWaTp
I guess you could add Riquelme but he's highly rated by just about everyone, he's just never made the move to the Premiership. I'm sure there have been offers but he prefers the quiet lifestyle apparently. Amazing footballer, i remember him at Ibrox he was simply awesome

I think Robert Pires was slightly under-rated at Arsenal

Didn't realise you had to make the move to England to be highly rated. :rolleyes:

I dont think that Pique is underrated as such, hes a great defender but last season was his 1st year as a defender that played on a regular basis.

They call him "piquenbauer" in Spain the rate him so highly. Great defender in my book and will get better and better the more games he plays!

One player i always thought was underrated was Michael Essien.

I know recently (past season) hes been spoken about as being one of the best CM's in the world and ive always thought so, but Lampard and Drogba, Anelka, Terry etc get all the attention. Since hes come back from injury Chelsea have been a completely different team!

I like Mikel but Essien is outstanding in the sitting midfield role.

Another player i think is underrated is, again like others here, Darren Bent.

Its not his fault that teams pay £15m, £10m etc for him and a lot of people think, hes not worth that. But if you look at his goals to game ratio for every team he has been at its very very good!

He has everything for me, bags of pace, good touch, good in the air and bangs the goals in. Jones and Bent up top this year will do well for Sunderland if they can both stay fit!

As much praise as Defoe gets i think Bent has more to his game than Defoe as well as Defoe's level of finishing!

Wilson Palacios - Will be just as good as essien soon imo, and i rate essien as one of the best, infact probably the best defensive mid in europe/world.

Michael Carrick - The way he passes the ball is matched only buy xavi and alonso. Alonso is another who i thought was under rated.

Also dont feel people appreciate how good Gerrard and Rooney are, dont mean they dont get praised alot but i mean how people can say over rated is beyond me.

Overrated defines people like Bendtner and Park JI Sung and Nakamura.

I guess you could add Riquelme but he's highly rated by just about everyone, he's just never made the move to the Premiership.

:anguish:

Didn't play in the Premiership - big deal.

He ran the show in a better league for two years without breaking sweat.

Guest SandyWaTp
I guess you could add Riquelme but he's highly rated by just about everyone, he's just never made the move to the Premiership.

Thats pretty much what I said a few posts up (tu)

Sergio Aguero underrated?

Unbelievable talent, one of my favourite players around to watch but seems to be held back by Athletico Madrid. He is up there with the likes of Rooney, Villa and Torres. The sooner he moves to either Barcelona, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or Inter the better. (tu)

Guest SandyWaTp

Unbelievable talent, one of my favourite players around to watch but seems to be held back by Athletico Madrid. He is up there with the likes of Rooney, Villa and Torres. The sooner he moves to either Barcelona, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or Inter the better. (tu)

Maradona is an idiot. he doesn't even get on the bench for Argentina :anguish:

Pique isn't under-rated as such, simply not known on as wide a scale as Ferdinand, Terry and so on.

Darren Fletcher isn't excellent, but his work rate and creativity merit a lot less abuse than he takes.

I don't understand how Iniesta's under-rated, he's an excellent players and I can't imagine that anyone would doubt that.

PSG's Mamadou Sakho isn't as much as under-rated, but he doesn't attain as much attention as I imagine he will. He's an excellent centre-half, walks it in the Ligue 1 and he's still only nineteen or twenty.

Kalou at Chelsea, I disliked and don't know of many people who rate him, but he's came on to a cracking game over the past twelve months.

Lee McCulloch, too. :sherlock:

I remember the game he was booed off the field about 4 years ago, he's now probably player of the season so far for Man U, and certainly in the top 3 last season.

Here's a stat for you, in the last 49 (maybe 50 games now?) games Fletch has started for Man U, they have lost once. And that was playing with 10 men for the second half and another sent off late on.

Pique isn't under-rated as such, simply not known on as wide a scale as Ferdinand, Terry and so on.

I don't understand how Iniesta's under-rated, he's an excellent players and I can't imagine that anyone would doubt that.

PSG's Mamadou Sakho isn't as much as under-rated, but he doesn't attain as much attention as I imagine he will. He's an excellent centre-half, walks it in the Ligue 1 and he's still only nineteen or twenty.

Kalou at Chelsea, I disliked and don't know of many people who rate him, but he's came on to a cracking game over the past twelve months.

Lee McCulloch, too. :sherlock:

I remember the game he was booed off the field about 4 years ago, he's now probably player of the season so far for Man U, and certainly in the top 3 last season.

Here's a stat for you, in the last 49 (maybe 50 games now?) games Fletch has started for Man U, they have lost once. And that was playing with 10 men for the second half and another sent off late on.

Never knew that, quite staggering really.

I think he's brilliant for United, his passing has also improved dramatically over the last season or two.

Aguero not his son in law ???? and he does get games for Argentina <cr>

TBF he hasnt broken sweat in all his life :lol:

Guest SandyWaTp

Aguero not his son in law ???? and he does get games for Argentina <cr>

Yeah. Probably doesn't like the fact he is banging his daughter.

Exactly what i'm saying (tu)

Kevin Davies. That f*cker works his nadgers off for every second he's on the pitch and his style of play is highly effective. Wish we had him.

The 3 knacker-sacks Caldwell McManus and Loovens would be injured for months :)

Riquelme is underrated purely due to the fact that existing superlatives can't do the man justice.

How a player with such little pace could boss midfields of that quality never failed to astound me.

Also, Modern day Raúl is vastly underrated.

People keep saying he's "past-it" when really, he's still consistently putting the shift in and scoring important goals. Easily one of the best strikers of his generation, but will never be acknowledged as one.

Xavi. In the sense that, no matter how highly rated he might be, it's not enough.

He's widely regarded as the best Spanish player of his generation. Some of these choices are ridiculous.

So you didn't actually read my post then?

Riquelme is underrated purely due to the fact that existing superlatives can't do the man justice.

How a player with such little pace could boss midfields of that quality never failed to astound me.

Also, Modern day Raúl is vastly underrated.

People keep saying he's "past-it" when really, he's still consistently putting the shift in and scoring important goals. Easily one of the best strikers of his generation, but will never be acknowledged as one.

the king of spain :praise:, still is one of my favourite footballers today.