We Relish Challenge

KIRK BROADFOOT admits that losing further ground to Celtic in the championship race could prove fatal but he insists Rangers are ready for a major fightback.

The Light Blues sit seven points behind after 16 matches with some major games on the horizon, not least a trip to Tannadice on December 13 and the second Old Firm meeting of the season two weeks later.

First up, though, it's Hamilton at Ibrox and Broadfoot says a win is simply a must after the disappointment of losing in such poor fashion at Tynecastle last week.

Kirk Broadfoot He said: "I think there is added pressure that if we slip up again then, who knows, it might be too big a gap. I think we need to win every game and if we do that then we have a chance.

"There will be an edge to our game and hopefully that will work for us.

"Obviously it's always disappointing when you lose so we are just looking forward to getting back out there and showing what we can do.

"I think Hamilton will be hard to beat. We are at home and we have a wee chip on our shoulder after last week and we want to go out and get three points to put the pressure on Celtic.

"They made it difficult for us at Hamilton and if we don't get an early goal then it might be a hard afternoon but we need to go out with the right attitude.

"I think they are starting to cope with the SPL now. They won a few games at the start then had a bad run but they have picked things up again so they will be coming with a bit of confidence."

Broadfoot, like manager Walter Smith, is also backing skipper Barry Ferguson to be the man to lead them through this tough period.

He added: "Barry has been out for months and it's not just going to happen right away. I think he is back quicker then he thought he would be.

"You can't just walk back into a team and be at your best - it takes time.

"He is our captain and we all look up to him. Now he has had a few games you can see him coming round and hopefully he can drive us on and help us get the three points tomorrow."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1477934,00.html

does it no fill u with dread when players seem to be in the wrong state of mind for the hamilton game, should be thinking they could start a revival against them, should be using hamilton to start getting points, not thinking its a toughie

Just go out and get the win.

Burke, Smith, Ferguson and now Broadfoot.

Add McCulloch, McGregor etc to the list.

Infact a better talking point who out of the first team squad, haven't had a interview <cr>

We could drop points tomorrow(which we wont) and they'd be saying the same next week.

Just go out and get the win.

Burke, Smith, Ferguson and now Broadfoot.

Add McCulloch, McGregor etc to the list.

Infact a better talking point who out of the first team squad, haven't had a interview <cr>

We could drop points tomorrow(which we wont) and they'd be saying the same next week.

Yeah they would come saying the usual cliche

As for not dropping points tomorrow, i have major doubts :(

i have to laugh at him saying i think hamilton will be hard to beat. its glasgow rangers we are talking about and we should murder teams like hamilton.

Absolutely Minstral. Comments like these are f#cken embarrassing.What ever happened to the club you and I used to watch. :(

i have to laugh at him saying i think hamilton will be hard to beat. its glasgow rangers we are talking about and we should murder teams like hamilton.

Absolutely Minstral. Comments like these are f#cken embarrassing.What ever happened to the club you and I used to watch. :(

polar bear you are spot on the club we used to watch is just a memory. :unsure:

I agree minstral. (tu)

We should be aiming to beat them by at least 3 or 4 goals.

If he said it was a banker 3 points we'd castigate him for not respecting opponents and firing them up.

In this case he probably can't win :D

If he said it was a banker 3 points we'd castigate him for not respecting opponents and firing them up.

I must disagree with that.

If he came out and said 'We should be steamrollering Hamilton', I don't think anyone would moan!

I must disagree with that.

If he came out and said 'We should be steamrollering Hamilton', I don't think anyone would moan!

You live in a fantasy if you think thats going to happen.

What a stupid title for yet another stupid thread about a press interview with one of our players.

Well thats the title the RANGERS website gave :P

Just stupid realy, everyone gets all worked up about it, player gets asked a question, player answers question, paper/wesbite makes up headline, message boards go off there heads. Not one thing wrong to I find withh Kirk's comments there.

What a stupid title for yet another stupid thread about a press interview with one of our players.

Well thats the title the RANGERS website gave :P

Just stupid realy, everyone gets all worked up about it, player gets asked a question, player answers question, paper/wesbite makes up headline, message boards go off there heads. Not one thing wrong to I find withh Kirk's comments there.

No really, if it wasn't for articles like kirk's the board would be pretty boring.