Naismith makes comeback (and scores in 3-1 win)

Ibroxblue

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While he did play there on ocassions I think that all this talk of Naismith predominantly being a striker a Kilmarnock is actually something of a myth.

When he first broke through it tended to be Boyd & Nish upfront with him operating on the left and in the season after that he was often the left, or even right sided player in a front three where Nish was the focal point.

not many killie fans would agree with that

Naismith played mostly in a wide role with Killie

I didn't mean he was there best player mate, I know he wasn't.

By focal point I meant that he was the central striker in a front three which relied on heavily on the service sullpied from wider areas.

Love the Naismith. Gives his all like Kenny Miller but is not only a Ger but a Ger that can score many goals. It's just a shame he'll never be given a run of games in his best and favourite position upfront.

He has Miller, Novo, Lafferty, Andrius Velička and JCD all vying for his fav position beside Boyd and I fear Walter won't give him a sniff.

Love the Naismith. Gives his all like Kenny Miller but is not only a Ger but a Ger that can score many goals. It's just a shame he'll never be given a run of games in his best and favourite position upfront.

He has Miller, Novo, Lafferty, Andrius Velička and JCD all vying for his fav position beside Boyd and I fear Walter won't give him a sniff.

In a few years I have a feeling we'll be seeing a Naismith Lafferty pairing up top.