Absolute PISH ref.

McBoyd

regardless of the ref and linemen we should have won that game. There were some baffling decisions though. several offside decisions given wrongly, mendes booked when he didnt touch a player( it was whittaker i think who clattered him) and that " free kick " when the player slipped and landed on his arse at weirs feet was baffling.

The linesman was the true offender. But neither of them can be blamed for our poor defending! Shocking, needs addressing and soon!

the officals were a joke same old same old, only in the spl. the two of them need to go back and learn the offside rule or get a pair of gregorys. if they cant make the right decision it ends up costing us point.

It's rare I agree with a thread like this, but today the refereeing genuinely got in the way of play. I'm not claiming the officials cost us 2 points, but some of the decisions were utterly ridiculous. There were so many baffling decisions from both linesmen and the referee. At first I thought I might have been imagining some of the truly awful decisions, but I got a phone call immediately after walking out of the stadium and the first words were 'those officials are a bunch of twats', which kind of says it all.

aye it was all the refs fault

blame lies solely with the gaffer and players

Aye. Hate threads like these.

heres a suggestion.....dont post in it then?

(tu) I hate people who come in threads which are clearly titled, just to say they "hate threads like these!"

The worst decision for me was the Novo offside decision. The INACTIVE Boyd was offside - Novo was on by at least a yard and heading one on one with the keeper at the kind of angle he always seems to score from. Ian Brines is a crap referee - add that with our shocking 2nd half performence and we had no chance of getting 3pts

The Miller one in the first half was almost as bad.

That said, our defending for those crosses was poor. On that performance, Broadfoot's a more solid defender at RB than Whittaker. Shouldn't have let that first cross in.

Tonel could be an important signing.

Couldn't believe Hartson and Butcher saying Weir should have been off. I thought the yellow was a bit harsh. Neither of them noticed he played the ball and had to at that point.

I'd say the Miller one was worse. He was clean through, and Boyd was (iirc) coming up in support, and had beaten the defenders. All Miller had to do was square the ball to Boyd, and we were 2-0 up.

Doesn't excuse the shocking defending, and lack of overall bite in the team, but refereeing decisions have probably cost us again. As for Mendes' booking!? <cr>

aye it was all the refs fault

blame lies solely with the gaffer and players

Aye. Hate threads like these.

heres a suggestion.....dont post in it then?

(tu) I hate people who come in threads which are clearly titled, just to say they "hate threads like these!"

The worst decision for me was the Novo offside decision. The INACTIVE Boyd was offside - Novo was on by at least a yard and heading one on one with the keeper at the kind of angle he always seems to score from. Ian Brines is a crap referee - add that with our shocking 2nd half performence and we had no chance of getting 3pts

The Miller one in the first half was almost as bad.

That said, our defending for those crosses was poor. On that performance, Broadfoot's a more solid defender at RB than Whittaker. Shouldn't have let that first cross in.

Tonel could be an important signing.

Couldn't believe Hartson and Butcher saying Weir should have been off. I thought the yellow was a bit harsh. Neither of them noticed he played the ball and had to at that point.

I'd say the Miller one was worse. He was clean through, and Boyd was (iirc) coming up in support, and had beaten the defenders. All Miller had to do was square the ball to Boyd, and we were 2-0 up.

Doesn't excuse the shocking defending, and lack of overall bite in the team, but refereeing decisions have probably cost us again. As for Mendes' booking!? <cr>

Are you saying that a chant of "You don't know what you're doing!" go up right after that?

one of the worst ref performances ive ever seen. Brines is a prick.

Ok in the second half we didnt dominate as we did in the first half, but the playes must have been getting fustrated making perfectly timed runs for some incompetent bald fcuk to flag offside.

was not impressed.

:craphead: our defence is rubbish two bad goals to give away

aye both came down the lefthand side....poor defending.....while the Ref might have got a few decisions wrong, it was the linesmen who were shite and got a few offside decisions wrong.

I dont know if anyone else saw it but three quaters of the way through the second half the linesman was yapping and sniggering with the Dundee fans. I know it doesnt mean much on its own but you have to ask the question at some point with the lack of proper decisions we are getting. I normally get wound up when someone jumps straight to blaming the ref or linesman for our woes but that was fucking abysmal and so obvious it was unreal......time for partiy, thats all we ask.....

ok the ref was pish but we should have scored a few more in the first half its our own fault for not taking the chances we had

If the linesman in the 1st half had done his job right we would have been 1 on 1 with the keeper 3 times,

2 x Miller and 1 x Boyd. If we had put 2 of these chances away do you think we would have drawn the game.

They would never have come back from 3 down, so a good 1st half performance was undermined by poor

officials, again.

:rangers::rangers::rangers:

Its a sad day when we are relying soley on referee's to make every decision correctly to ensure we win the game , Yes the refs are poor but we should be scoring more and defending better. The players and gaffer have to take the blame.

I wouldnt argue with you there, but whos to say we wouldnt have won if miller wasnt ajudged to be offside when he was clear through on goal? could have changed the game completely.

Its a sad day when we are relying soley on referee's to make every decision correctly to ensure we win the game , Yes the refs are poor but we should be scoring more and defending better. The players and gaffer have to take the blame.

I wouldnt argue with you there, but whos to say we wouldnt have won if miller wasnt ajudged to be offside when he was clear through on goal? could have changed the game completely.

You could say the same about novo through on goal judged to be offside , Not seen in on tv yet but from my seat it didnt look offside. But my initial point was that we should be beating a very average dundee united side with no great difficulty , our defending was pish and thats what lost us the game.