Walter's job security

rfc_no1fan

A lot of people are still behind Walter and SDM and often ask the questions :

"What if Walter left now? Who would we bring in and what would happen to the club?"

My take on things:

Walter has wasted the club.

If he walks we are in trouble, If he stays we are in trouble,

No money, Huge debt and a pool of average players 2 or 3 sell-able assets which we should be looking to build a team around instead of selling

No "good" manager in their right mind would take the job, they would only set themselves up for immense pressure and failure. The only option just now is Ally McCoist, he is the only one who could step in straight away and would be willing to do it without spending.

Is he the right man? No...... Will he make a difference? No

However, our club are close to another crisis and this can only be sorted when SDM, Bain, Walter and Ally leave and players like Ferguson, McCulloch, Weir, Dailly, Adam etc are sold.

That isnt going to happen anytime soon, so get used to mediocrity, its here to stay for a while yet

A lot of people are still behind Walter and SDM and often ask the questions :

"What if Walter left now? Who would we bring in and what would happen to the club?"

My take on things:

Walter has wasted the club.

If he walks we are in trouble, If he stays we are in trouble,

No money, Huge debt and a pool of average players 2 or 3 sell-able assets which we should be looking to build a team around instead of selling

No "good" manager in their right mind would take the job, they would only set themselves up for immense pressure and failure. The only option just now is Ally McCoist, he is the only one who could step in straight away and would be willing to do it without spending.

Is he the right man? No...... Will he make a difference? No

However, our club are close to another crisis and this can only be sorted when SDM, Bain, Walter and Ally leave and players like Ferguson, McCulloch, Weir, Dailly, Adam etc are sold.

That isnt going to happen anytime soon, so get used to mediocrity, its here to stay for a while yet

Spot on (tu)

The thing that i struggle with is we (as a Majority) put up with this pish <cr>

When he came back my biggest fear was and still is that he will leave us in a similar position he did the first time.

An over the hill first team running on empty and no younger players given any sort of experience.

Management is not just about winning trophies it is about the club now and for the future, this time we will not have the money to buy a new team in a matter of weeks.

When he came back my biggest fear was and still is that he will leave us in a similar position he did the first time.

An over the hill first team running on empty and no younger players given any sort of experience.

Management is not just about winning trophies it is about the club now and for the future, this time we will not have the money to buy a new team in a matter of weeks.

We are still paying for his first spell in charge.

If he had left the club in a much better condition, the overhaul that happened in 1998 wouldnt have been needed.

10 years on and Walter Smith still finds ways of damaging our club.

I think we have a good enough "bunch" of players but its getting the best out of them, Boyd is performing brilliantly, Miller has come on leaps and bounds, Papac is still very consistent and playing well as is broadfoot, there is a few "passengers" in this team and we cant afford them we need an out and out winger who can beat his man and deliver the killer cross however id wont hold my breath in even the jan transfer window

We are still paying for his first spell in charge.

If he had left the club in a much better condition, the overhaul that happened in 1998 wouldnt have been needed.

10 years on and Walter Smith still finds ways of damaging our club.

Aye, thats his plan (tu)

We are still paying for ADVOCAATs time in charge, and, foolish moves by the SPL to crack a deal with Setanta

Younger players? I take it you mean apart from the shit ones he bought like lafferty, edu, thomson, aaron, Whittaker, Broadfoot... fair dos, some better than others, but, still buying young players, thus, building for the future, no?

Our first team players OVER 25 are? Ferguson, Mendes, Weir, Papac but not by much, Boyd and McGregor are around that age to