Kyle Lafferty

flov1

I like Lafferty, and I've said since day 1 that he'd be better played up front, and today is yet more evidence for that. To be honest, I thought when he got that chance he was going to balloon it over the bar, but all credit to the guy, he kept his nerve and finished it in style. His best play as a Rangers player has come in the brief moments he's been given up front. Frankly I think playing him on the left wing is a little unfair on the guy, as it seems to be hurting his confidence a bit. Hopefully though the goal today has helped that a bit.

Just feel a Lafferty and Miller partnership would be better.

Boyd and Miller has been the most effective partnership in Scotland this season, i'm not one to usually blow our own horn but thats one thing thats really worked. Both players are enjoying playing with each other and the manager is happy with it so i don't see that partnership being broken up.

Just feel a Lafferty and Miller partnership would be better.

Well it might be, but the Boyd and Miller partnership has been delivering a lot goals so I can't see the point in splitting it up right now. Lafferty will get his chances over the course of the season - unlike some players, he seems quite popular with Smith

I don't think it'd be unfair on Boyd. He was shite against Hearts and for the second half today he might as well not have been on the pitch. We can't afford to carry anyone in the next two games, and if Boyd doesn't do extremely well in both games he might as well leave in January.

Boyd's scored 10 goals in the 9 games we've played since the start of November, but you want to sell him unless he does "extremely well" in the next two games.

Care to define "extremely well"?

I don't think it'd be unfair on Boyd. He was shite against Hearts and for the second half today he might as well not have been on the pitch. We can't afford to carry anyone in the next two games, and if Boyd doesn't do extremely well in both games he might as well leave in January.

Boyd's scored 10 goals in the 9 games we've played since the start of November, but you want to sell him unless he does "extremely well" in the next two games.

Care to define "extremely well"?

How about showing he can play to a decent standard against teams that aren't in the bottom 6. His second half performance was shocking yesterday. When a striker can't even be bothered to make a forward run when the team's on a break and needs a goal to salvage a point, something is wrong. Cousin got endless pelters for behaving in a similar way, but Boyd seems to avoid it somehow. IMO he hasn't done enough to earn a start against celtic, but will probably get one anyway, simply because we don't have anyone better.