Kyle Lafferty

flov1

If he builds himself up a bit I think he could become a very useful centre forward.

Why do we have an obsession with bulking up? Boyd was bulky and we wanted him to slim down

Ronaldo - very slim

Eto'o - lanky

Crouch - lanky

Henry - slim

You dont need to be bulky to be effective, and, it can slow you down

Kyle looked better today, his finish, as his others have been, have been very composed and good technique, but i think he is trying to hard and not relaxing enough. Perhaps not a poor buy after all?

If he builds himself up a bit I think he could become a very useful centre forward.

Why do we have an obsession with bulking up? Boyd was bulky and we wanted him to slim down

Ronaldo - very slim

Eto'o - lanky

Crouch - lanky

Henry - slim

Kyle looked better today, his finish, as his others have been, have been very composed and good technique, but i think he is trying to hard and not relaxing enough. Perhaps not a poor buy after all?

Despite you saying that he is very slim, working on his body strength didn't do Ronaldo any harm at all. Infact after he was told to bulk up bt SAF he went on to win the Ballon D'Or and become one of the most feared players in World Football.

After Adebayor gained a stone of muscle he went from looking like a decent buy to being one of Arsenal's most effective players and Kenwyene Jones went from being a decent Championship level player to being linked with moves to Chelsea and Liverpool.

If you are a professional footballer and stand at over 6'0 feet and you make use of the excellent facilities and nutritionists available to you gaining up to a stone of of muscle isn't going to slow you down or hinder you in the slightest.

Ronaldo - very slim

Eto'o - lanky

Crouch - lanky

Henry - slim

Despite you saying that he is very slim, working on his body strength didn't do Ronaldo any harm at all. Infact after he was told to bulk up bt SAF he went on to win the Ballon D'Or and become one of the most feared players in World Football.

After Adebayor gained a stone of muscle he went from looking like a decent buy to being one of Arsenal's most effective players and Kenwyene Jones went from being a decent Championship level player to being linked with moves to Chelsea and Liverpool.

If you are a professional footballer and stand at over 6'0 feet and you make use of the excellent facilities and nutritionists available to you gaining up to a stone of of muscle isn't going to slow you down or hinder you in the slightest.

Well, we need a bearette to get Kyle nekkid so we can ckeck his physique out I reckon, may surprise us and have a Gow like body on him

He looks very composed in his finishing.........think thats 4 goals he,s scored 1 a header against Hamilton in the cup, 3 in the league, when you look at the goals against Hearts at home side footer from the edge of the box,the one last week controlled the ball and just passed it in and todays goal all very good finishes, a can see him proving everyone wrong..............hope so after all am sure a speak for most when I say anyone who pulls on the shirt we want them to succeed.

Ronaldo - very slim

Eto'o - lanky

Crouch - lanky

Henry - slim

You can see Kyle Lafferty's bones :lol:

Ronaldo, Eto'o and Henry are not slim, they're athletic and almost pure muscle.

Laffery has the build of a lanky 16 year old, he could do a lot more conditioning work on it and I think it would speed him up and make him stronger.

I think most of the criticism levelled at big Kyle has been unfair. Some people need to remember that he's only 21, signed a 5-year contract, is still learning his trade, yet expect him to play like a seasoned professional every time he steps onto the field of play. Any talk of him being hunted in January is nothing short of preposterous in my opinion.

Yes, he had a bit of a stinker against Motherwell at Fir Park a few weeks back, but I think this was down to him trying too hard to impress. That and the fact that although Walter unltimately wants to use him as a frontman, he's being played out on the wings. He has the pace and control to do it, but it is not his natural position.

The best thing for him to do is just to go out and do his thing, but try and be relaxed about it. I'm sure that Walter, Ally and the rest have told him this. He can only improve and I'm sure he'll become a very effective player for Rangers over time.

Keep up the good work, Kyle.

Maybe Gartcosh people are looking for alot more because he was our big money buy, am hoping the boy comes good,and a think he will.

Yeah, he was a big-money buy because that was the amount of money Burnley wanted for him. I'm certain he'll come good over time as well.

I think most of the criticism levelled at big Kyle has been unfair. Some people need to remember that he's only 21, signed a 5-year contract, is still learning his trade, yet expect him to play like a seasoned professional every time he steps onto the field of play. Any talk of him being hunted in January is nothing short of preposterous in my opinion.

Yes, he had a bit of a stinker against Motherwell at Fir Park a few weeks back, but I think this was down to him trying too hard to impress. That and the fact that although Walter unltimately wants to use him as a frontman, he's being played out on the wings. He has the pace and control to do it, but it is not his natural position.

The best thing for him to do is just to go out and do his thing, but try and be relaxed about it. I'm sure that Walter, Ally and the rest have told him this. He can only improve and I'm sure he'll become a very effective player for Rangers over time.

Keep up the good work, Kyle.

spot on mate (tu)