3 subs - why not use them

jbm26896

Was WS happy with a draw today , he never used our 3rd sub , we were on top after they scored , I thought he could have used Aaron for the last 15 minutes at least , especially after his impact last week

by not using him it would suggest we were happy with the result

Any thoughts?

I THOUGHT THAT BUT SEE WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT

DAVIS WOULD HAVE BEEN MAN TO COME OFF AND THE RIGHT HANDSIDE TODAY WAS A SHAMBLES WORST IVE SEEN WEE DAVIS

SO WE HAD TO PROTECT WHAT WE HAD RATHER THAN RISK WEAKNING THE RIGHT HANDSIDE AND CONCEEDING !

I THOUGHT THAT BUT SEE WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT

DAVIS WOULD HAVE BEEN MAN TO COME OFF AND THE RIGHT HANDSIDE TODAY WAS A SHAMBLES WORST IVE SEEN WEE DAVIS

SO WE HAD TO PROTECT WHAT WE HAD RATHER THAN RISK WEAKNING THE RIGHT HANDSIDE AND CONCEEDING !

so you think WS was happy with the draw?

He very, very rarely uses all available subs, and I have no idea why. Today the 3rd could have made the difference but he didn't even consider it, clearly. Yet another reason to worry about him.

i just thought with Aaron playing well in the final stages last week , it was worth a gamble

I think complaining about Walter not using the 3rd sub is kind of ridiculous. We had a pretty good spell with about 10 minutes to go and Mendes/Whittaker both came close to scoring, I think Aaron/Beasley would have just been hacked off the ball.

I think complaining about Walter not using the 3rd sub is kind of ridiculous. We had a pretty good spell with about 10 minutes to go and Mendes/Whittaker both came close to scoring, I think Aaron/Beasley would have just been hacked off the ball.

if you see the build of Aaron , he would not be pushed off very easily

if you see the build of Aaron , he would not be pushed off very easily

And what are you basing that off of? He's had 10 minutes of game time, and hasn't faced a team like Dundee Utd. in the reserves.

Personally, I would have liked to see Aaron make an appearance, but I was imagining Walter's reasoning for not bringing on either Aaron or Beasley.

Aaron has played in the Champions League against Panucci, De Rossi and Chivu, in La Liga, Segunda, the Greek Super League, U-17 and 19's European Championships, for the Spanish U-21's and in the Scottish reserve league and has not had trouble with the physical side of the game. He's faced bigger and better players than Willow Flood, Scott Robertson, Lee Wilkie and Margaro Gomis.

Not saying he should have been brought on but he'd have coped with it fine.

Was WS happy with a draw today , he never used our 3rd sub , we were on top after they scored , I thought he could have used Aaron for the last 15 minutes at least , especially after his impact last week

Any thoughts?

Who for...

The only person he could have taken off would have been Boyd and then moved Lafferty upfront and there is no way that was going to happen.

Aaron had a good 10mins at home in a game we were walking, big difference to last week and yesterday!

Any thoughts?

Who for...

The only person he could have taken off would have been Boyd and then moved Lafferty upfront and there is no way that was going to happen.

Aaron had a good 10mins at home in a game we were walking, big difference to last week and yesterday!

I thought it was pretty obvious that Davis was struggling after the break, whether through injury or just lack of fitness. He seemed well off the pace and gave little help defensively or offensively for most of the second half. the main reason Utd improved after the break is that we had 2 passengers in midfield leaving only Ferguson and Mendes to try to help defence and feed the strikers.

He did say he was unhappy with the way we let Dundee United back into the game, went behind but was happy we managed to get a point.

He also gave credit to Dundee United and Levein - now this is what I hate about Walter Smith, every week he pays tribute to the opposition, especially when we drop points.

At 2-2 he should have been disgusted that we couldn't find a winner.

I knew we'd drop points but I was absolutely raging come the final whistle.