January Clearance Sale - NOW ON!

CanadianBacon

I'm told that the mooted figure of around 10 players going out the door come January 2009 is but the tip of the iceberg and that Murray is up for an offer on anything and anyone.

I'm further told that things are so bad financially that this could be the mother and father of all clearance sales.

I am watching this space with fear and trepidation.

:(

I'm told that the mooted figure of around 10 players going out the door come January 2009 is but the tip of the iceberg and that Murray is up for an offer on anything and anyone.

I'm further told that things are so bad financially that this could be the mother and father of all clearance sales.

I believe our Dearest Leader is worshipping at the altar of Jim Denny.

He has been convinced that Rangers future would be far brighter if we had more players of medium height, medium pace, medium ability, and prepared to wear the title of, 'Utility Man' with a medium amount of pride.

A team of Jim Dennys, with the flair(surely that should be hair) of Ally Scott up front. Unbeatable.

I believe our Dearest Leader is worshipping at the altar of Jim Denny.

He has been convinced that Rangers future would be far brighter if we had more players of medium height, medium pace, medium ability, and prepared to wear the title of, 'Utility Man' with a medium amount of pride.

A team of Jim Dennys, with the flair(surely that should be hair) of Ally Scott up front. Unbeatable.

Maybe we should all go to church and pray?

Mendes, Davis & at a stretch Bougherra apart I don't think I would lose much sleep over our plans to sell anybody.

What about Boyd ?

I'd have been happy to punt him in the summer but Smith seems to have adapted the entire shape and personel of the team to accomodate him.

Would you be pleased to see him go in January, or for that matter the man who has helped his game so much i.e. Miller ?

Mendes, Davis & at a stretch Bougherra apart I don't think I would lose much sleep over our plans to sell anybody.

What about Boyd ?

I'd have been happy to punt him in the summer but Smith seems to have adapted the entire shape and personel of the team to accomodate him.

Would you be pleased to see him go in January, or for that matter the man who has helped his game so much i.e. Miller ?

On second thought add them to the list too :blush:

January will be a worrying time for all Rangers fans as we have a massive financial hole to fill after our exit from Europe. Believe me every player has a price and if clubs match it then they are off.

The master plan was to sell McGregor but not much chance of that now.

January will be a worrying time for all Rangers fans as we have a massive financial hole to fill after our exit from Europe. Believe me every player has a price and if clubs match it then they are off.

:angry2:

FFS. You know I fully believe that, not just 'cos you know people but that sounds just up Murray's street.

Hopefully your right - I don't want McGregor going anywhere unless it's for a ridiculous amount of money and we replace him with a better keeper.

Bar McGregor(stupid money or guarantee quality replacement) Bougherra, Thomson, Davis and Mendes, they can all go(youths and the likes of Fleck and Aaron not included).

Hopefully your right - I don't want McGregor going anywhere unless it's for a ridiculous amount of money and we replace him with a better keeper.

Bar McGregor(stupid money or guarantee quality replacement) Bougherra, Thomson, Davis and Mendes, they can all go(youths and the likes of Fleck and Aaron not included).

Am I reading this correctly ? :unsure:

I'm told the 'master plan' was to sell Thomson to his old boss down Mowbray - indeed I'm told the deal was all done and dusted - until Kevin's sad but inevitable injury (Lady Luck avoids us again).

That said, the offloading sale has already begun as young Rangers striker Rory Loy confirms in today's Scottish Daily Express where, as he joins Dunfermline on loan (they'll be picking up his wages tab), "All the reserves were told on Friday that they could go out on loan."

I don't care what anyone says, to me this smacks of a severe numbers cull at Ibrox - anyone and everyone is on offer so Murray can get the overheads down.

It begs the question, how deep does this financial crisis run? :(

I just hope they don´t fcuk up this years title run in in january as they did last year. They took a huge gamble on selling Hutton and hoped it wouldn´t have too much negative effect on the teams performance. With the benefit of hindsight it blew up in the managements faces in the end, and they are still counting the costs one year down the line.

Have they learnt anything from past mistakes...

I'm told the 'master plan' was to sell Thomson to his old boss down Mowbray - indeed I'm told the deal was all done and dusted - until Kevin's sad but inevitable injury (Lady Luck avoids us again).

That said, the offloading sale has already begun as young Rangers striker Rory Loy confirms in today's Scottish Daily Express where, as he joins Dunfermline on loan (they'll be picking up his wages tab), "All the reserves were told on Friday that they could go out on loan."

I don't care what anyone says, to me this smacks of a severe numbers cull at Ibrox - anyone and everyone is on offer so Murray can get the overheads down.

It begs the question, how deep does this financial crisis run? :(

The original story on Thomson leaving was started by his own agent as he had asked the club for a new contract with a £5k per week pay increase which the club quite rightly refused.

The loaning of players to first division clubs is based on finance as when our youth coaches (Sinclair & Wilson) first arrived at Murray Park they refused to loan players out. (I thought this was crazy as the lads need experience) Now all of a sudden players are being loaned out all over the place. Young Lennon is with Thistle and they are paying £900 of his weekly £1200 wage so that is a £50k pa saving. Other boys like the two at Clyde (Emslie & Lowing) are being paid in the region of £700 per week which Clyde are paying half.

Cuts have been made in all departments across the club but these cuts are really insignificant when 1st players earn £25k per week for sitting at home. Hemdani being a good example.

if we manage to sell off the deadwod it will save quite a bit in wages

Agreed, off the top of my head I calculate we are wasting somewhere in the region of £5m per annum on players who have falling off the radar i.e. Hemdani, Dailly and Gow and players who rarely contribute anything to the first team i.e. Burke, Adam and Darcheville.

It's getting rid of these players that's the problem.