Rangers looking at Martin Stranzl

dezrfc1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers are hoping to land 28 year old Martin Stranzl from Spartak Moscow in the January transfer window.

They'd hoped to land the 6 foot 3 centre half on a permanent deal.

But unless they can offload some players, the most likely option is for the Austrian international to come on loan with an option to buy later

From the Clyde 1 website.

As I have already said in the players available for loan thread I'd be pretty happy if this one had some truth in it.

He's a very rugged centre half and he has great leadership skills.

Some websites, including skysports, say he is out of contract at the end of 2008 so it seems that there is something of a grey area surronding is contract situation.

Stranzl's contract at Spartak runs out at the end of this year, but the mega-rich Moscow club are working hard to activate a 12-month extension on the £3.5million-rated Austrian's current deal.

Very good player. Was a stand out in the poor Austrian team at the Euro's.

We need someone with Stranzl's leadership qualities (tu)

Guest Andypendek

I thought Aufhauser was a good version of Barry in that team, tbh. They weren't anything like as awful as had been made out. Plus there was a tall, young striker whose name escapes me, a blond dye job.

celtic are unbelievable

that link is fae the 23rd june 08.

the link is just to confirm that his contract is up at end of year & re-confirm spartaks want to invoke another 12months on him.

alright didnt notice that cheers :unionflag:

I thought Aufhauser was a good version of Barry in that team, tbh. They weren't anything like as awful as had been made out. Plus there was a tall, young striker whose name escapes me, a blond dye job.

Rene Aufhauser is a good player. Should have made a lot more appearances for his counrty than he has.

I don't know who the striker is you are on about, neither Derdiyok, Streller or Frei have blonde dyed hair? Maybe you are thinking of Daniel Gygax or Valon Behrami?