For anybody who wasnt in Manchester........

sossyross

makes me happy to look back and remember sitting in the sun outside of picadilly gardens .They dont show this stuff in the media we only know what really happened because WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picadilly gardens was the worst place to be that day.

The place was stinking of pish and you were lucky if you didn't get a bottle aimed in your direction by some junkie.

I know what happened that day. <cr>

makes me happy to look back and remember sitting in the sun outside of picadilly gardens .They dont show this stuff in the media we only know what really happened because WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The place was stinking of pish and you were lucky if you didn't get a bottle aimed in your direction by some junkie.

we werent in the gardens we were outside up against one of the main walls across from the buildings with the large screen think it might have had newspaper adverts on it .And i can assure you i wasnt skelped by any bottles or smelt a load of pish

we werent in the gardens we were outside up against one of the main walls across from the buildings with the large screen think it might have had newspaper adverts on it .And i can assure you i wasnt skelped by any bottles or smelt a load of pish

correct was there myself on the outside of the erected fences lookin at that screen, did it no keep coming up with the daily record etc on it? what a day and nite!! :rangers:

What a day. There's some cracking videos from that day around, one of my favourites was a supermarket full of Bears doing the bouncy. Imagine having to work through that all day haha

haha i was in one of those it was brilliant. A guy also grabbed the store tannoy microphone and belted out BJK, total bedlam funny as fuck :D

People keep saying this to me, but I saw fuck all like that in any of the fanzones or streets. Obviously a few fucking psychopathic scumbags couldn't control themselves and even further ruined the reputation of the club for generations, but the actual couple of days simply wasn't like that for 99% of us.

I was in the Picadilly Gardens

Best place to be IMO :bouncy:

As was i (tu) , Was bouncing for ages untill the screen " failed " :lol:

brilliant coz we were outside a few of the balls flew over the wall and somebody dropped kicked it and smacked a bus :lol: all you heard was AWWWWWWWWW!!!!

hey hey, i was there. brill. i was in ramada hotel overlooking picadilly gardens. brill in there.(was with wife an son and few others).

plenty of singing, booze, seats, toilets, scran, think i made the right choice on that day.

even ur man smeato was scooping in there.

watched game in train station. was feckin mental. never ever ever forget the memories. the trip down during the tuesday night/wed morning was like a feckin city being abandoned by some disaster.

total convoy.

dont believe anybody would have left for a week if we won.

ah, memories.

dont think about the shit, not worth it. 40 pricks trying to spoil it for 200 000 good souls. may god refuse them entry into the brotherhood when the grim reaper comes calling.

Bollocks.

I was in Piccadilly Gardens from around 11am til about 6pm.

Never saw a single bit of bother.

Bollocks.

Right...So I'm lying then.

At around the 6pm mark that's when things started to get out of control and grown men started pulling their trousers down and shiting in amongst the gardens.

By the time the screen failed to come on, there had already been two group fights in amongst the Rangers support, and as of 7.46pm (when I left after my wee cousin of 14 years was hit with a half-full can of lager on the side of the head) the whole place was a warzone.

Come on, the whole city was a river of pish. What else could happen when there were no bogs?

Yeah I always laugh when people criticise us for dropping litter and pissing in back streets. What do they expect people to do when there's no bins or toilets?

Would probably draw the line at shitting in a garden though, hahaha. It's at that point I think I'd find a pub.

Bollocks.

Right...So I'm lying then.

At around the 6pm mark that's when things started to get out of control and grown men started pulling their trousers down and shiting in amongst the gardens.

By the time the screen failed to come on, there had already been two group fights in amongst the Rangers support, and as of 7.46pm (when I left after my wee cousin of 14 years was hit with a half-full can of lager on the side of the head) the whole place was a warzone.

:rolleyes: what a coincidence as soon as SG left all hell broke loose

We spent most of the day in Wigan pre-match where the atmosphere & acceptance by local bar staff & public was absolutely FANTASTIC, Walking between pubs the passing cars were peeping & shouting for us to "Do the Business" I have NEVER enjoyed the pre-match build up to ANY game EVER like that one. Then we travelled into Manchester, and had a few pints on the balcony at Picadilly Station Bar watching all the bears coming & going (which was outstanding !!). The walk to the City Stadium was the highlight of my life but the aftermath was a disaster. The best footballing day ever was ruined by the result (obviously) but enhanced by our reputation being smashed again !! For good & bad, I will never forget !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never before has a club taken that level of support to any 1 place & I doubt in my lifetime if it will ever happen again- What memories !!!!! :unionflag:

Aye think your slebering shite I was in Piccadilly Gardens at 8:30 in the morning n I didn't get hit we bottles? do you know what happened on this day? :unionflag:

Aye think your slebering shite I was in Piccadilly Gardens at 8:30 in the morning n I didn't get hit we bottles? do you know what happened on this day? :unionflag:

The bottle throwing happened as soon as the screen didn't show the game.

First fans threw bottles at the screen, and hit some fans with their poor aim.

Then fans deliberately aimed bottles at the entrance and exit, near where I was standing.

Manchester was such a great experience up until 6pm. Getting off the bus at the service station as you enter England (the name escapes me) was one of the highlights for me. Even at 9am there was singing, flutes out, bouncy etc. was just amazing and made you think that the cup was coming up the road. Journey home was awful after travelling all that way to watch a match on tv that you didn't get the chance to watch :(