RST

bouncy

Saying he didn't intend to sell someone and saying he wouldn't sell someone is two different things.

He knew he couldn't stop a transfer at a certain fee so how could he promise not to sell him ?

What are you trying to say ?

That he was making up excuses in the same meeting where he promised he wouldn't be sold :D

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure one or two people would have clocked that at the time

Saying he didn't intend to sell someone and saying he wouldn't sell someone is two different things.

He knew he couldn't stop a transfer at a certain fee so how could he promise not to sell him ?

That he was making up excuses in the same meeting where he promised he wouldn't be sold :D

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure one or two people would have clocked that at the time

I am saying he didn't once say he wouldn't sell the player, that is fairly obviously what i am saying surely......

I am saying he didn't once say he wouldn't sell the player, that is fairly obviously what i am saying surely......

Yes he did. Take that anyway you fucking want, but that's what he said

The RST are a laughing stock.

They will never be nor should be an influence over Rangers FC.

And as for Murray spending money because Edgar likened him to a Simpsons character............................. :lol:

What exactly has the RST done thats so bad?

And as for Murray spending money because Edgar likened him to a Simpsons character............................. :lol:

I believe Edgar summed up the Rangers fans feelings perfectly. I'm fairly certain Murray wouldn't have reinvested every penny if he didn't fear a back lash.

Edgar was at the forefront on that issue.

I'm fairly certain Murray wouldn't have reinvested every penny if he didn't fear a back lash.

I agree with you on that but if you think Murray heard Edgars interview or based his decision on what Edgar said, then im frankly surprised Jimenez.

(tu)

I agree with you on that but if you think Murray heard Edgars interview or based his decision on what Edgar said, then im frankly surprised Jimenez.

(tu)

I'm pretty sure they were listening, when Edgar made the Smithers analogy you could see straight away that Euan and Rough knew they were going to get a phone call from within Ibrox.

I'm not saying that forced Murray's hand, but it was comforting to have a spokesperson who mirrored my (our) anguish.

Ultimately, supporters' groups can only be as influential as the support as a whole wants them to be and forces them to be.

The talent these groups attract can only reflect the talent and/or motivation within the support as whole.

The Rangers Supporters Trust has been attacked for being too 'soft' with regard to David Murray. It is also attacked for being 'too hardline'. It cannot please everyone all the time.

What did the Romans ever do for us?

Anyway - what the Rangers support need at this moment is unity, a united organisation free from egotists who will defend our corner against the persistent onslaughts from outwith.

I would go as far as saying that this organisation should challenge these people in court if necessary. Therefore a considerable amount of money would need to be raised for this activity.

Finding one person/group to unite the fans would be a very very difficult task.

You can rest assured the enemy will do all they can to discredit any organisation taking up the challenge so they would need to be squeaky clean.

Its one thing spouting off on various internet sites but another taking the fight direct to the enemy.

I believe Edgar summed up the Rangers fans feelings perfectly. I'm fairly certain Murray wouldn't have reinvested every penny if he didn't fear a back lash.

Edgar was at the forefront on that issue.

Edgar himself regretted what he said and as the chairman was publicly on record saying he would spend the cash you are giving someone credit they are nowhere near deserving of

(tu)

I'm pretty sure they were listening, when Edgar made the Smithers analogy you could see straight away that Euan and Rough knew they were going to get a phone call from within Ibrox.

I'm not saying that forced Murray's hand, but it was comforting to have a spokesperson who mirrored my (our) anguish.

The comments that actually annoyed the chairman was the widly inaccurate asset stripping nonsense that was spouted by the RST spokesman. That was pure playing to the crowds on the MB they take most of there support from.

The chairman mentioned this in very scathing terms in an interview with the scotland on sunday, i doubt the Smithers stuff phased him in comparison

Anyway - what the Rangers support need at this moment is unity, a united organisation free from egotists who will defend our corner against the persistent onslaughts from outwith.

I would go as far as saying that this organisation should challenge these people in court if necessary. Therefore a considerable amount of money would need to be raised for this activity.

You can rest assured the enemy will do all they can to discredit any organisation taking up the challenge so they would need to be squeaky clean.

Its one thing spouting off on various internet sites but another taking the fight direct to the enemy.

To be honset that defending the fans stuff should be done by the club not the RST.

Sadly the club will only do it when it suits them and the RST are not capable.

To be honset that defending the fans stuff should be done by the club not the RST.

Sadly the club will only do it when it suits them and the RST are not capable.

The club (until Murrays recent dig at Reid) are always going to adopt the aloof stance.

We, the fans need to fight the enemy in the trenches.

Remember - the pen is mightier than the sword, some of the RM writers are clearly capable of taking on the Spiers of this world.

I would be interested to know if the club have any relationship left with them, i seriously doubt it..

In this and all other points you make there appears to be an implicit assumption that the RST is somehow failing and this is due to 'them'.

If you want the Trust to change why don't you join, attend meetings. make proposals and perhaps be elected onto the Board?

As I have tried to point out, a supporters group can only be as strong as the overall support. If every supporter took such a dismissive, negative attitude then we might as well abandon all hope.

In referring to meetings between David Murray and the RST you signally fail to recognise that the former may be entirely culpable in this respect.

Likewise, the Rangers Supporters Trust cannot force the media to publicise its statements. Whose fault is that?

I would be interested to know if the club have any relationship left with them, i seriously doubt it..

In this and all other points you make there appears to be an implicit assumption that the RST is somehow failing and this is due to 'them'.

If you want the Trust to change why don't you join, attend meetings. make proposals and perhaps be elected onto the Board?

As I have tried to point out, a supporters group can only be as strong as the overall support. If every supporter took such a dismissive, negative attitude then we might as well abandon all hope.

In referring to meetings between David Murray and the RST you signally fail to recognise that the former may be entirely culpable in this respect.

Likewise, the Rangers Supporters Trust cannot force the media to publicise its statements. Whose fault is that?

The RST does itself no favours whatsoever by alligning itself to the Follow Follow ideals and ive heard first hand from 2 members who "felt" that as they did not allign themselves to the "fundamentalist" Rangers supporter, their voice was never going to be heard.

If a supporters group is going to get somewhere with SDM or the club, people have to face FACTS and the FACTS are that we ARE in the 21st century, the world has gone PC MAD and there will be no room at the table for people who want to live in the 60's and 70's.

IMHO of course. :craphead:

The original poster has advertised the meeting as he was asked to do, it is now up to the individual members of this forum whether or not they're members of the RST to attend the meeting if they want to.

When certain former members of the RST resigned from their posts there was an awful long discussion thread on this forum about the rights and wrongs of the RST etc and I sure as hell don't want this thread to be dragged backed into a tit for tat discussion.

The RST does itself no favours whatsoever by alligning itself to the Follow Follow ideals and ive heard first hand from 2 members who "felt" that as they did not allign themselves to the "fundamentalist" Rangers supporter, their voice was never going to be heard.

If a supporters group is going to get somewhere with SDM or the club, people have to face FACTS and the FACTS are that we ARE in the 21st century, the world has gone PC MAD and there will be no room at the table for people who want to live in the 60's and 70's.

IMHO of course. :craphead:

Yet, others attack the RST for being far too 'moderate'!

I don't accept your reference to views of the 60s and 70s and poltical correctness. The latter phrase is simply a means certain people use to censor valid opinion.

I think it is the duty of any supporters group to defend the club when it receives unfair treatment.

The David Murray issue is a can of worms. There may well come a stage when supporters groups have to actively campaign against his continuing presence at Ibrox.

Yet, others attack the RST for being far too 'moderate'!

Who would this be as ive yet to see any.

I don't accept your reference to views of the 60s and 70s and poltical correctness. The latter phrase is simply a means certain people use to censor valid opinion.
Whilst i dont disagree with your assertion, the fact remains that if you still want the all Protestant, sing what you want of the 60's and 70's you have no chance of sitting at the table with SDM or any Club Official the world over for that matter.

I think it is the duty of any supporters group to defend the club when it receives unfair treatment.
I agree whole heartedly on that and SDM has done so recently. It may not be enough for some, but in one breath, people talk about the Rangers Family always acting with Dignity and in the other, they slate people in our club for not coming out and defending every soundbite from every journo or radio phone-in devil dugger.

The David Murray issue is a can of worms. There may well come a stage when supporters groups have to actively campaign against his continuing presence at Ibrox.
This will not achieve anything. SDM has said he is ready to move on and he is ready to sell. By campaigning against him, he could simply say fukc it and sell us to a Romanov type character. I for one am glad SDM is reluctant to sell the club to any Tom, Dick or Timmy. (tu)

Who would this be as ive yet to see any.

Where have you looked? There is one such poster on this thread.

The Trust has most definitely been accused by many others of being far too 'moderate', particularly with respect to David Murray.

Whilst i dont disagree with your assertion, the fact remains that if you still want the all Protestant, sing what you want of the 60's and 70's you have no chance of sitting at the table with SDM or any Club Official the world over for that matter.

All I want of any Rangers supporters group is that it demands that the club defends itself with the same determination as people within Celtic defend their club. This does not translate as 'sing what you want'. All the Rangers supporters groups combined a year or so back to back a campaign for 'self-policing' among the support.

Just remember that it was David Murray who brought out an orange away strip in 2002-03!

I agree whole heartedly on that and SDM has done so recently. It may not be enough for some, but in one breath, people talk about the Rangers Family always acting with Dignity and in the other, they slate people in our club for not coming out and defending every soundbite from every journo or radio phone-in devil dugger.

Murray spent more time at the recent AGM slating his own support than he did anyone else. His comments about Reid were too little, too late and too personal.

Demanding that the club defends itself properly does not mean coming out and defending EVERY soundbite, etc. This is a classic reductio ad absurdum argument used to kick an opponent's case into the long grass. We need to adopt a far more aggressive approach, but one that does not plumb Lawwell's depths.

This will not achieve anything. SDM has said he is ready to move on and he is ready to sell. By campaigning against him, he could simply say fukc it and sell us to a Romanov type character. I for one am glad SDM is reluctant to sell the club to any Tom, Dick or Timmy. (tu)

SDM has said that he wouldn't sell the club to any Tom, Dick or Harry. He also said that he was within seconds of selling the club a few months ago but pulled out at the last minute due to concerns about the potential buyers. I would have thought that any concerns would have been ironed out long, long before it came to the very last stage in negotiations.

He has said many things down the years which need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

A supporters group such as the RST has a dilemma to face in terms of whether it could achieve more within the club Board or outside. In the current circumstances where the club APPEARS to be for sale I'd say that more can be achieved outside. With a different owner(s) that may not apply.

There may also be a case when more than one potential buyer is involved and supporters groups perhaps have to favour one over the other.