The support today

Fixxxer

REAL Bears sing WT, Blue Sea of Ibrox, Every Other Satarday, DW's, The Sash with pride and gutso.

Neds sing TFS, BJK and now this montrosity.

That's completely out of order brissy.

I could well say that REAL Bears go to games, move home to be near our team.

And for me, given various commitments, Inverness is more like a two day trip, six hours maybe for those who live in Glasgow.

For me every home game is a seven hour trip, and that's light compared to many.

No it isnt.

Being a real Bear isnt about how many games you attend. Geography, family, finances etc all determine how many games you are able to attend.

Real Bears put the love of thier club before any personal or collective gain. They are a broad church who welcome all creeds and nationalities to the support while nurturing and harnessing the protestant traditions of the club. At the same time respecting the fact that not every Bear may feel the same way as religion is and always will be a thorny issue.

Real Bears rejoice in traditional songs while embracing new, non-offensive songs about US, not them or any other organisation.

Real Bears dont think that by downing a bottle of bucky and that by snarling around Manchester, Villareal, Turin, Dundee, Aberdeen etc, FTP'ing and No Pope of Roming, that they are somehow embracing our protestant culture.

Last but not least, real Bears dont stand on the terraces like a fucking English yobbo, singing a notorious English yobbo song beacuse :

a) They are indeed plastik wannabee English hooligans

b) Think that one eye of thier beloved English yob shall be upon them and for some bizarre reason increasing thier own lack of self worth and confidence.

c) Beacuse they are so drunk they are covered in pish and will sheepishly sing anything even remotely offensive without giving a flying fuck about the consequences to the club or fans.

d) All of the above.

Now I think I have made my point loud and clear with regards to this song. Lets hope its not hijacked by the neds and becomes the song of choice. Making the REAL Bears cringe with embaressment.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

REAL Bears sing WT, Blue Sea of Ibrox, Every Other Satarday, DW's, The Sash with pride and gutso.

And for me, given various commitments, Inverness is more like a two day trip, six hours maybe for those who live in Glasgow.

No it isnt.

Being a real Bear isnt about how many games you attend. Geography, family, finances etc all determine how many games you are able to attend.

Real Bears put the love of thier club before any personal or collective gain. They are a broad church who welcome all creeds and nationalities to the support while nurturing and harnessing the protestant traditions of the club. At the same time respecting the fact that not every Bear may feel the same way as religion is and always will be a thorny issue.

Real Bears rejoice in traditional songs while embracing new, non-offensive songs about US, not them or any other organisation.

Real Bears dont think that by downing a bottle of bucky and that by snarling around Manchester, Villareal, Turin, Dundee, Aberdeen etc, FTP'ing and No Pope of Roming, that they are somehow embracing our protestant culture.

Last but not least, real Bears dont stand on the terraces like a fucking English yobbo, singing a notorious English yobbo song beacuse :

b) Think that one eye of thier beloved English yob shall be upon them and for some bizarre reason increasing thier own lack of self worth and confidence.

c) Beacuse they are so drunk they are covered in pish and will sheepishly sing anything even remotely offensive without giving a flying fuck about the consequences to the club or fans.

d) All of the above.

Now I think I have made my point loud and clear with regards to this song. Lets hope its not hijacked by the neds and becomes the song of choice. Making the REAL Bears cringe with embaressment.

Where the fcuk is that ? Is it anywhere near the gloaming ? :sherlock:

No it isnt.

d) All of the above.

Where the fcuk is that ? Is it anywhere near the gloaming ? :sherlock:

7/10, not bad.

I deliberately dont pull folk up on typo's, because you would be here all day. Especially on this thread.

So the tens of thousands of bears who enjoy an (often brilliant) girfuy chant aren't - ahem - 'real'?

And, just in case you hadn't noticed, what is often subject to scrutiny as being offensive is a fucking joke placed in the public domain by paranoid, humourless, two-faced chancers who smell blood if it concerns Rangers and it's support. The joke really isn't funny at all.

Were you laughing when our enemies tried to get the bouncy (FFS) on the agenda as being offensive? Did you find it funny when that supercilious prick recently encouraged the police to arrest Rangers supporters if they were (and I can't believe I'm writing this) 'caught' singing the Hokey Cokey?

Until some sort of football chant related parity is in place, I'd always encourage bears to at least consider the trouble they might find themselves and the club in if it become clear that a legal issue could result from their behaviour - other than that, even that mad cow Findlay is happy to proclaim that songs designed solely to wind up your opponents are fine.

So the tens of thousands of bears who enjoy an (often brilliant) girfuy chant aren't - ahem - 'real'?

And, just in case you hadn't noticed, what is often subject to scrutiny as being offensive is a fucking joke placed in the public domain by paranoid, humourless, two-faced chancers who smell blood if it concerns Rangers and it's support. The joke really isn't funny at all.

Were you laughing when our enemies tried to get the bouncy (FFS) on the agenda as being offensive? Did you find it funny when that supercilious prick recently encouraged the police to arrest Rangers supporters if they were (and I can't believe I'm writing this) 'caught' singing the Hokey Cokey?

Until some sort of football chant related parity is in place, I'd always encourage bears to at least consider the trouble they might find themselves and the club in if it become clear that a legal issue could result from their behaviour - other than that, even that mad cow Findlay is happy to proclaim that songs designed solely to wind up your opponents are fine.

NO.

On your second point, I shall re-iterate my stance.

Example 1 - TFS.

When it first appeared I couldnt beleive we had conjured up such a witty, satirical song about the mhanks. I fucking loved it. Unfortunately it was sung at an Irish player, tehrefore deeming it racist and offensive. It has also spawned a thousand tattie muncher comedians who have used the song as an excuse to spout thier pish jokes and rants about Irish folk. Dont forget that thousands of protestants, also to fucking dumb to plant another crop, perished in the famine. But that should be a mute point.

With regards to the Bouncy and the Hokey Cokey, did you honestly expect to see any bears get the jail? Are you insane? have you seen anyone get the jail? Of course not. Let them bleat about the non-offensive stuff, it reflects appalingly on them.

Let them come after The Sash and DW's, (which they wont), see what happens.

Im sorry I do not include, No Pope Of Rome, FTP (At the end of the sash), any paramiltary song, Up to my knees in fenian blodd, to die a fenian bastard, blah, blah" as any sort of viable, traditional protestant songs.

As for the song at the heart of this debate, it is a song sung by morons for morons. It makes us look like fuckhead knuckledraggers and any bear with half a brain will and should run away from it.

There are proper unionist songs, then there are songs straight from the knuckledragging scumbag songbook.

Are you telling me this is what you want our support to be singing? Seriously?

Are you telling me this is what you want our support to be singing? Seriously?

I'm a passionate supporter of freedom of speech. It's not for me to decide what others sing. That's an issue of law - and our justice systems demand even handedness. Theoretically at least. I want our supporters to be free to sing songs in support of our club and our culture - be they of celebration, protest or insult. I want our supporters not to be penalised unfairly or via inequality in application of our laws.

There's a curious, unpleasant tone in your assumptions about who might sing songs you don't like. You wouldn't be the first to find offence in expression of working class culture in Britain - personally I'm all for it. Even if it's simply a case of said expression vexing snobs like Spiers and his oh-so fragile, bourgeois sensibilities. That's probably good enough reason in itself.

And some might have decided for themselves that singing TFS at an Irishman was offensive and racist - it wasn't me. I maintain it's savagely humorous, poignant and also a perfectly valid insult.

Do you really think that the double-standard flying arses who complain about such songs are really offended? And if they are, how can it be that they don't mind at all songs of 'celebration' that praise those who murder British citizens and, notably, even an aspiration that 'soon there will be no protestants at all'.

But, please don't dare chant FTP at me or I'll have to move to Eire so my children can live a life without tears. That, incidentally, is a published claim by one of those so determinedly pursuing their campaign for the right to fly their double standards high. You don't have to make it up. There is no attack on The Rangers currently in the public domain so laughably inept, so improbable, so unreasonable, so tenuous or so hypocritical that those who seek to damage our greatest of clubs will not adopt it as weapon in their fight to tarnish what they hate.

In fact - if there is no reasonable reason to attack our club and it's support, our enemies will invent one. Or more. As each idiotic attack falls by the wayside, they have worked diligently to unearth new gems of paranoiac substance to feed their unhealthy obsessions with both our club, and our rights to freedom of expression.

Rights, I must add that are protected under Eu human rights law.

Art 11. Freedom of expression and information

Justice

Definition

Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. The freedom and pluralism of the media shall be respected.

Your missing my point. Im all for Freedom of speech.

In the quote you have used, where does it deem freedom of speech should be allowed regardless of the offence it may cause? Regardless of the bad taste it is sung in? It doesnt.

I agree there is no parity with regards to the media and the scum but that is entirely diffrerent subject. Im not talking about them, Im talking about my teams support.

Again, I re-iterate, do you think it is an acceptable sight, to see thousands of bears, singing "10 german bombers" at a rain swept stadium up in the North of Scotland?

Do you think every bear sang it with a tear in thier eye as they thought of the brave ex-servicemen who paid the ultimate sacrifice to keep Britain a free land during the second world war?

Or do you think (know for a fact) it was mainly for some misguided, "love me im really a british warrior like my English cousins, love me, love me, pleaassse!?"

Look, its embarressing. There is no denying it. Its moronic and its associated with some of the most right wing, nazi supporting fanbase on earth (English hooligans). Making it tragically Ironic.

Again, do you wish to see us a support associated with this pish?

Yes or No?

In the quote you have used, where does it deem freedom of speech should be allowed regardless of the offence it may cause? Regardless of the bad taste it is sung in? It doesnt.

I agree there is no parity with regards to the media and the scum but that is entirely diffrerent subject. Im not talking about them, Im talking about my teams support.

Again, I re-iterate, do you think it is an acceptable sight, to see thousands of bears, singing "10 german bombers" at a rain swept stadium up in the North of Scotland?

Do you think every bear sang it with a tear in thier eye as they thought of the brave ex-servicemen who paid the ultimate sacrifice to keep Britain a free land during the second world war?

Or do you think (know for a fact) it was mainly for some misguided, "love me im really a british warrior like my English cousins, love me, love me, pleaassse!?"

Look, its embarressing. There is no denying it. Its moronic and its associated with some of the most right wing, nazi supporting fanbase on earth (English hooligans). Making it tragically Ironic.

Yes or No?

1. I'm not missing your point at all. Your personal discomfort with songs sung at games is hardly rocket science. I am disagreeing with you.

2. Apart from you, who is likely to be offended about German bomber songs? Germans? In Inverness for a Rangers game? And if they are offended, that's a small price to pay considering why the song may be sung at all.

3. Parity of treatment is not a different subject - it's inextricably linked to this issue.

4. Bears don't have to cry when thinking of servicemen. Unless they feel that way. They can (and have a right to) sing the song lustily for no other reason than they want to. Your position with regard to this is much more revealing than the song itself - you think you can sit judge and jury on a culture you very obviously do not understand.

5. I'll allow your embarrassing statement about our English Brothers to stand alone as a testimony to how you express your misunderstanding of elements of our support.

6. So, the song is not an embarrassment - I am rejecting your claim. Absolutely denying it. The BNP wrap themselves in our Union Flag - does it give them some claim over it because they are the most right wing of nazi supporters? Should the rest of us who feel immense pride in our nations flag avoid using it because of a handful of miscreants who discredit it?

You are the one making (without credible argument) links between certain songs, their intent and our support. You say it's 'pish'. I say you are very, very wrong in your assessments.

Celebrating our country's greatest military victory my arse. It's disrespectful to all the brave men who took part in the Battle of Britain, on both sides.

But not as disrespectful as applauding a minutes silence while the rest of the country bow their heads in respectful silence.

Yes or No?

You are an absolute tit.

Yes or No?

I think your blowing this totally out of proportion.

How can you use the word Nazi when talking about British(yes british not English)heroes and a song associated with them and the ultimate sacrifice they made.

I had members of my family injured and killed in the second world war fighting fascism and for you to try and associate my supporters and my country with that is fuckin disgraceful....

You think what you like but in my opinion your way off the fuckin mark.

I'm a passionate supporter of freedom of speech. It's not for me to decide what others sing. That's an issue of law - and our justice systems demand even handedness. Theoretically at lest. I want our supporters to be free to sing songs in support of our cub and our culture - be they of celebration, protest or insult. I want our supporters not to be penalised unfairly or via inequality in application of our laws.

There's a curious, unpleasant tone in your assumptions about who might sing songs you don't like. You wouldn't be the first to find offence in expression of working class culture in Britain - personally I'm all for it. Even if it's simply a case of said expression vexing snobs like Spiers and his oh-so fragile, bourgeois sensibilities. That's probably good enough reason in itself.

And some might have decided for themselves that singing TFS at an Irishman was offensive and racist - it wasn't me. I maintain it's savagely humorous, poignant and also a perfectly valid insult.

Do you really think that the double-standard flying arses who complain about such songs are really offended? And if they are, how can it be that they don't mind at all songs of 'celebration' that praise those who murder British citizens and, notably, even an aspiration that 'soon there will be no protestants at all'.

But, please don't dare chant FTP at me or I'll have to move to Eire so my children can live a life without tears. That, incidentally, is a published claim by one of those so determinedly pursuing their campaign for the right to fly their double standards high. You don't have to make it up. There is no attack on The Rangers currently in the public domain so laughably inept, so improbable, so unreasonable, so tenuous or so hypocritical that those who seek to damage our greatest of clubs will not adopt it as weapon in their fight to tarnish what they hate.

In fact - if there is no reasonable reason to attack our club and it's support, our enemies will invent one. Or more. As each idiotic attack falls by the wayside, they have worked diligently to unearth new gems of paranoiac substance to feed their unhealthy obsessions with both our club, and our rights to freedom of expression.

Rights, I must add that are protected under Eu human rights law.

That really is a cracker of a post MM (tu)

When it first appeared I couldnt beleive we had conjured up such a witty, satirical song about the mhanks. I fucking loved it. Unfortunately it was sung at an Irish player, tehrefore deeming it racist and offensive. It has also spawned a thousand tattie muncher comedians who have used the song as an excuse to spout thier pish jokes and rants about Irish folk. Dont forget that thousands of protestants, also to fucking dumb to plant another crop, perished in the famine. But that should be a mute point.

OK so brissy decides to fall for the line about TFS being racist and suddenly anybody who sings it isn't a real bear?

You can fuck right off with that idea.

Real bears were at the game not watching it on the interweb or in the local boozer.

Singing what they choose.

Having organised their 'geography, family, finances' etc so that they can be there rather than sit in another continent preaching at people who got off their arses and cheered on the team.

You know what guys, one of these days we are going to have a thread praising our fans where it doesn't descend into a "That song is embarrasing" or "We shouldn't sing that" argument. It maybe a pipe dream with posters like Briton around but i am confident that one day even he will find it within himself to praise our support.

I find it almost laughable that Rangers fans can spend hours arguing with other Rangers fans about how some Rangers fans are a disgrace to the club and how songs sung by Rangers fans are going to hurt the club and should not be sung.

As the saying goes, with friends like these.......

exactly well said,our away support are always fantastic,pay good money to see games as well,and for those criticising our fans we sang plenty of other good songs e.g :rangers: blue sea of ibrox so just stop moaning like them

watp :rangers:

but singing the wrong songs doesn't glorify our support - it insults it and drags it down. If we sang plenty of other good songs - why descend to the yob level by singing the not so good. It seems by your own arguement we have plenty of good ones to sing!

we do but i dont see why we should be moaning about our support in a thread praising them,because the support were great even if you object to 10 german bombers

Heres some stuff on it clearly demonstrating its associating with English hooliganism,

http://www.truveo.com/English-Hooligans-in...6/id/1473708283

Significant concerns remain, including the German attitude to several of the more offensive but popular England supporters' songs. One, "Ten German bombers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/mar/10/football.germany

There is plenty on google and youtube so fill your boots.

By the way making the 6 hour round trip to Inverness is not a chore, but a good day out, why this is being wheeled out as some sort of excuse I dont know.

I stand by my words, no level headed bear with an ounce of intelligence will defend this song. It is offensive to Germans, but more importantly its embarressing and cringeworthy and belongs to a different type of "fan"

Selective hearing ya moany faced bassa ?

They were sung.

Never said they werent.

well why the fuck you not praising the fans for singing them,asnwer that ???

jeezo fs some people just nit-pick at every oppurtunity i.e you! tbh a think your a fucking knob and might as well be a tim,how can you say that people that sing it are nazi supporters fucking arse,

No it isnt.

d) All of the above.

you talk absolute shite imo

when do you ever hear us singing ftp and no pope of rome?

I'm puzzled by Brissybear's point of view. Apparently Ten German Bombers shouldn't be sung as its about a historical battle, but The Sash and Derry's Walls should be sung with gusto! :blink:

We used to sing the theme from The Dambusters all the time during 9IAR; I suppose any revival of that should be curtailed by Club, Police, The Scottish Executive and The European Parliament on the ground that it may be offensive to Germans?

A football chant is a football chant!

I have only had a chance to scan over this topic as it is huge already but Brissybear, a real Bear goes to every game, no matter how far/wet/cold it is, they are always there. This is the type of Bear who I have full respect for and will sit for hours and listen to what point they have to make. (Usually on an 8 hour round trip to Inverness or a 72 hour round trip to Italy on a bus) :rolleyes:

Do you see what I mean?

Not someone who watches the game every week via Justin TV.