Weak and Skint

nvager

I believe we are in more financial trouble than we know. I think SDM has more debt than we all imagine. The Boyd transfer may be the first of many.

I believe Walter's mismanagement re Kaunas and strikers was the nail in the coffin.

What happens next?

I do not see any incoming transfers. Perhaps a couple of Bosmans or loan players. Quality - I doubt it.

Will youth at least get a chance? With Walter no way.

Bright spots: Return of Naismith. Alexander can replace McGregor. Lafferty can play up front. Velicka may get a chance.

All in all the start of a rough period of two years.

Were definitely at a fork in the road Nvager...

One road leads to a new Rangers, progressive change and a new way of thinking...the other leads down a dark path of lies and storytelling, well placed quotes and stumbling from disaster to disaster...

In terms of changing the team we have too much dead weight...the largest dead weight IMO being the chairman who by his own admission would sell the club if he could.

While he is here, Smith will be here, the same old tactics and signings will be here.

Im preparing for a dark period and hopefully we can come through it in some form of shape ready to compete again!

as soon as the kaunas disaster happened, I just knew that dark days were imminent.

we once were a powerful and wealthy club. now we are just a feeder club to the EPL.

There are only a handful of clubs that arent feeder clubs to somewhere thats not a big issue to me...

as soon as the kaunas disaster happened, I just knew that dark days were imminent.

we once were a powerful and wealthy club. now we are just a feeder club to the EPL.

There's nothing wrong with being a feeder club to England. I don't know what your expectations are, but mine are to win the league more often than not, and occasionally offer a challenge in Europe.

If we follow the model of PSV, Ajax, Porto, etc. and groom our youngsters and develop cheap talent into good players and sell them at a profit, then that's a pretty good business model if you ask me.

People will want to blame Murray but the blame lies with Smith.

The arrogance in that he thought he could beat kaunas without midfield players.

The stupidity in overloading on strikers.

Spending over £7 million on three players who can't get a game. The question is now answered. No we obviously can't afford to spend that kind of money on players who will not play.

Amassing a senior squad of 28 filled with shite but getting paid very well.

Giving Webster and Dailly deals.

Sell the monster munch 2 by all means, I think it will probably be better for the club in the long run but please SDM, unless he is going to sign quality players, do not give this man any more money to waste on shite like Healy Shiels etc, keep it for the next manager.

There's nothing wrong with being a feeder club to England. I don't know what your expectations are, but mine are to win the league more often than not, and occasionally offer a challenge in Europe.

If we follow the model of PSV, Ajax, Porto, etc. and groom our youngsters and develop cheap talent into good players and sell them at a profit, then that's a pretty good business model if you ask me.

This isn't celtic fc here :craphead:

Seriously, i'm not too keen on being a feeder club to the EPL myself either, we should be able to keep our players without having to sell them.

I don't want the team to be any 'business model' its a FOOTBALL TEAM, but sadly in this day and age everythings money :anguish:

This isn't celtic fc here :craphead:

Seriously, i'm not too keen on being a feeder club to the EPL myself either, we should be able to keep our players without having to sell them.

I don't want the team to be any 'business model' its a FOOTBALL TEAM, but sadly in this day and age everythings money :anguish:

Mate every team on the planet bar Barcelona, Real Madrid and a select few can be called feeder clubs to the epl!

Look at Lyon the best team in France for the past 7 years and on course to win the league again, there success is down to there ability to groom young players and sell them on!

I would gladly take 7IAR if meant selling our best player every other year its what we do with the money that counts and Smith has spent it willy nilly on shite!

We need a new mindset at Rangers where we release our place in the modern game and sadly we are not in that elite group any more!

we'll be alot worse off after the window close's, the sale of Boyd is one that will come back to bite us in the arse, we'll bring fuck all in and I can see a healthy gap for Celtic materialising, got to say I have no hope in Ranger's anymore, I just pray we dont finish 3rd :unsure:

You've summed Rangers up at this moment in time in three words nvager. Weak and skint. All the debating and bullshit ain't gonna change it either only deeds. And the deed I'm going to do is goin to ma bed. Goodnight mate ! :sherlock:

G'night Buddy!!

:beer2: :beer2:

The club (not the institution, of course) is now a rotten structure and appears to be on the brink of caving in :(.

We (well, those with the power to do so) just didn't do enough during the good times in terms of youth development, scouting networks, commercial exploitation and re-structuring of the club to make it a lean but highly effective footballing machine. That was a bad mistake that the powers-that-be at Rangers should regret.

However, it probably wasn't too late to do something about that until recently, it would just need to be done during a poor spell on the pitch.

Unforgivably, though, we pissed serious money against the wall bringing in mostly mediocre players whilst keeping our fingers crossed that that should prove sufficient to take us back to the top. We spent money we just simply didn't have, that's what annoys me. It needn't have been this way. I'm no Murray-hater, but our current problems are due in a very large part to a failure of leadership.

Other than a fantastic support and great history, Rangers Football Club has very little going for it, particularly from the view of any potential buyer which is what we need to give the club a fresh start.

People will want to blame Murray but the blame lies with Smith.

The arrogance in that he thought he could beat kaunas without midfield players.

The stupidity in overloading on strikers.

Spending over £7 million on three players who can't get a game. The question is now answered. No we obviously can't afford to spend that kind of money on players who will not play.

Amassing a senior squad of 28 filled with shite but getting paid very well.

Giving Webster and Dailly deals.

Sell the monster munch 2 by all means, I think it will probably be better for the club in the long run but please SDM, unless he is going to sign quality players, do not give this man any more money to waste on shite like Healy Shiels etc, keep it for the next manager.

SPOT ON!

Walter should have been sacked after Kaunus, but Cuellar left and Davis and Mendes arrived plus Aaron. Bougherra was already signed.

This took the heat off Walter, but then he bought McGregor back too soon, Thommo was injured and Barry came back too soon and the wheels fell off.

Future may not be all that bad depending on the fire sale and if youth gets a chance. Naismith, Lafferty up front Aaron on the wing?

Big gamble selling your top scorer. A goal machine.

I am worried but selling Boyd isn't the end of the world. I'm more concerned at the fact that we are willing to sell anyone if another club offers anything half decent. We do have a good group of youngsters here though. Lafferty, Naismith, Edu, Aaron, Davis, Thomson, McMillan. That's a start.

I am worried but selling Boyd isn't the end of the world. I'm more concerned at the fact that we are willing to sell anyone if another club offers anything half decent. We do have a good group of youngsters here though. Lafferty, Naismith, Edu, Aaron, Davis, Thomson, McMillan. That's a start.

Agreed, but will Walter play them all?

Also I see a few more leaving after Boyd. Magic and Shagger maybe.

I believe we are in more financial trouble than we know. I think SDM has more debt than we all imagine. The Boyd transfer may be the first of many.

I believe Walter's mismanagement re Kaunas and strikers was the nail in the coffin.

What happens next?

I do not see any incoming transfers. Perhaps a couple of Bosmans or loan players. Quality - I doubt it.

Bright spots: Return of Naismith. Alexander can replace McGregor. Lafferty can play up front. Velicka may get a chance.

Totally agree with you bud I said all this months ago that murray was being economical with the truth re our debt also said that we would be doing well to be wary off smiths signing policy regarding youth and old players ........ funny eh I was shot down in flames back then

What happens next?

Bright spots: Return of Naismith. Alexander can replace McGregor. Lafferty can play up front. Velicka may get a chance.All in all the start of a rough period of two years.

This depresses me even more; Alexander is not a keeper I would want as my first choice. There is only an assumption that Lafferty can play upfront, none of his professional club managers have played him there. Velicka is a slow lazy player that Viking were delighted to offload.

That's so incredibly naive on all fronts.

What happens next?

are we not already in a period of 5 years of crap