Can Naismith fill Boyd's boots?

What about a naismith, miller partnership

he scored 15 for two seasons in a row for kilmarnock

surely given a chance uptop he can rekindle that scoring?

With a good manager playing him in the right position, I reckon he could score a lot of goals.

However, Wattie will likely field him as a winger or, like he has been doing for the reserves, a centre mid. <cr>

With a good manager playing him in the right position, I reckon he could score a lot of goals.

However, Wattie will likely field him as a winger or, like he has been doing for the reserves, a centre mid. <cr>

The game at centre mid was test his fitness levels and IMO a pretty clever thing for Smith to do...

Naismith played out wide for Kilmarnock as well and still got some goal so i dont have a problem with him playing there still but i would like to see Lafferty and Miller or Miller and Naismith given a run out together!

The game at centre mid was test his fitness levels and IMO a pretty clever thing for Smith to do...

Naismith played out wide for Kilmarnock as well and still got some goal so i dont have a problem with him playing there still but i would like to see Lafferty and Miller or Miller and Naismith given a run out together!

If it's a choice between playing Lafferty or Naismith out wide or up front then I'd definitely out Lafferty up front and Naismith on the left. Naismith can actually do ok on the left but Lafferty looks like absolute rubbish there.

if we are talking about pure goals and nothing else then no, but over all play bring other into the attack, skill pace then he will be better, but a would prefer him playing the 2nd striker but he has been deployed as the lone striker before by killie and has worked

For me, Novo, Naismith, Velicka, Miller and Lafferty are all much better than Boyd.

in all round play yes but i am not so sure any of them could have the strike rate boyd has although if we did have 2 more mobile strikers playing we could have both of them scoring instead of just one striker scoring which is what we have at the minute as miller hasnt scored for a few games. Boyd may have 20 goals for the season but if we were playing more hard working strikers they could have 10+ goals each by this time. We would just be spreading the goals round more. We can score goals without boyd as we have proven time and time again. We scored 4 at the piggery without him ffs. Personally i think naismith lafferty is our future strike partnership but throwing them in at such a crucial stage of the season when we need to go on a winning run isnt the best idea in the world.

For me, Novo, Naismith, Velicka, Miller and Lafferty are all much better than Boyd.

None of them are a better poacher/goalscorer than Boyd which is his type of game.

Yes, the rest offer more in other areas of the game (touch, pace, aerial threat, link play as well as goals on occasion) but that's the whole point in having a squad of players.

Boyd is far from a great player but in his 3 seasons at Rangers he's been top goalscorer every time. As such, there is absolutely no doubt we sell him with a fair amount of risk involved as we attempt to win the league.

Naisy will be a cracking Rangers player. In my eyes the boy has everything. Just wait till he's fit and has a decent run of games up top. He will score goals and create them as hes a STRIKER who like to take his man on!

Naisy will be a cracking Rangers player. In my eyes the boy has everything. Just wait till he's fit and has a decent run of games up top. He will score goals and create them as hes a STRIKER who like to take his man on!

Until the summer when we sell him?