How many players are out of contract this Summer? Anyone know?

nvager

I know that Adam, Boyd, Mendes, Davis, Papac, McGregor, Bougherra, Aaron, Edu, Lafferty, Miller, Velicka, Ferguson, Webster, Naismith et. al. contracts extend beyond this Summer.

But,

Broadfoot, Whittaker, McCulloch, Hemdani, Furman, Novo, Weir, Daily, Beasley, Smith, Alexander - MAY run out this Summer - not 100% sure.

Anyone know for certain?

I know that Adam, Boyd, Mendes, Davis, Papac, McGregor, Bougherra, Aaron, Edu, Lafferty, Miller, Velicka, Ferguson, Webster, Naismith et. al. contracts extend beyond this Summer.

But,

Broadfoot, Whittaker, McCulloch, Hemdani, Furman, Novo, Weir, Daily, Beasley, Smith, Alexander - MAY run out this Summer - not 100% sure.

Anyone know for certain?

As far as i know these players, are the only one's that are out of contract in the summer.

But,

Anyone know for certain?

As far as i know these players, are the only one's that are out of contract in the summer.

Thats a disappointment!

But,

Anyone know for certain?

Thats a disappointment!

I think Smith's contract is up too. (The player, Smith, of course.)

I'd keep Whittaker, Broadfoot, Beasley and Alexander.

Guest therabbitt

I know Broadfoot was looking for an extension and wage improvement recently to match his squad and international status which was declined by the club.

I know Broadfoot was looking for an extension and wage improvement recently to match his squad and international status which was declined by the club.

Quite right he's pish.

If he's not happy making a couple of hundred grand a year then he can piss off.

I'm stunned that the club actually declined the request. Our wage structure is crazy and the likes of Burke & Adam getting £12k a week regardless of form or appearances shows that we are throwing money at players and not getting a decent return for it. Inflated wages for young players is a way of inflating ego's IMO. Broadfoot still has a lot to prove and he should get a fair pay rise if he continues to show improvement on his game.

I'm stunned that the club actually declined the request. Our wage structure is crazy and the likes of Burke & Adam getting £12k a week regardless of form or appearances shows that we are throwing money at players and not getting a decent return for it. Inflated wages for young players is a way of inflating ego's IMO. Broadfoot still has a lot to prove and he should get a fair pay rise if he continues to show improvement on his game.

I said as much the other day.

The wage for a youngster coming into the side is around 1k to 2k p/w. If the youngster holds down his place for a duration of time, he is then given an improved deal worth around 8k p/w.

It's madness, total madness.

As for Broadfoot, well, the club were totally spot on with that one. He isn't worth anywhere near the 10k p/w he was rumoured to be after.