What happens if we don't raise 3 million before February?

Tontospal

Now that it is public knowledge that we are desparate for 3 million what happens if we don't raise that this month?

Every club that is interested in any of our players now knows that we need to raise money so they will be looking to get a bargain.

Given recent failures to move on players on good contracts it is not inconceivable that we may not sell anyone.

What happens in that scenario?

We try and arrange a game with Real Madrid as well as AC Milan?

Now that it is public knowledge that we are desparate for 3 million what happens if we don't raise that this month?

Every club that is interested in any of our players now knows that we need to raise money so they will be looking to get a bargain.

Given recent failures to move on players on good contracts it is not inconceivable that we may not sell anyone.

i would love some journo or any of our supporters associations to ask murray how come every year he says we budget for going out of europe in first round and now when its happened he says we need to sell

surely it would have been better not to have bought in these circumstances

so why do we need to sell

i would love some journo or any of our supporters associations to ask murray how come every year he says we budget for going out of europe in first round and now when its happened he says we need to sell

I was always led to believe that was the case but he was quoted in the paper the other day as saying that we did not budget for losing to Kaunus.

What makes that situation even more worrying is the fact that we actually spent millions after we were out, albeit after Cuellar was sold, but still what does that say about our budgeting?

we will raise the money, maybe not until the last few days of the window but we'll raise it, because now that it's public knowledge we are skinter than a giro monkey, all clubs will be waiting to the end of the window to use this as a bargaining tool to get the best deal, it just means we will be selling player/s for less than we would like to.

I was always led to believe that was the case but he was quoted in the paper the other day as saying that we did not budget for losing to Kaunus.

What makes that situation even more worrying is the fact that we actually spent millions after we were out, albeit after Cuellar was sold, but still what does that say about our budgeting?

it tells me i wouldnt trust the present regime to run a whelk stall on southend pier

how we spent more after going out is indefensible

it tells me i wouldnt trust the present regime to run a whelk stall on southend pier

how we spent more after going out is indefensible

The only reason we spent money was because for the first time in his 20 years in charge the fans were ready to protest in numbers against Murray.

There was no business or financial logic to spending money after we were out.

Infact he should have probably issued a statement that Cuellar had to be sold due to the lack of income from Europe this season.

That certainly wouldn't have been popular but it was probably the right business decision to make as now looks to be the case.

Doom and Gloom Thread No 7,425!

doh

How the tims and their media friends have spun this minor story to great and bizarre effect.

Do I take it that you have no concern about Rangers, the way the club is being run, the continual selling of our best players or the financial situation?

doh

How the tims and their media friends have spun this minor story to great and bizarre effect.

Do I take it that you have no concern about Rangers, the way the club is being run, the continual selling of our best players or the financial situation?

Its not the story we all thought it was is it though? We all thought we were selling because the bank WANTED £3 million off of us, when in actual fact is just Murray wanting to 'balance the books' its a bit different.

doh

Its not the story we all thought it was is it though? We all thought we were selling because the bank WANTED £3 million off of us, when in actual fact is just Murray wanting to 'balance the books' its a bit different.

It's not that different.

If he doesn't balance the books then there's a good chance that the banks would be putting pressure on him to do so.

Its all bullocks he should be budgeting on a worst case scenario. And why the hell did we not sell the rubbish in August if remember correctly we were out of Europe the first week in August!! And if they had budgeted for us to make the champions league finally why the hell did all these planners, Directors and Mr Chairman not re budget. Fuck me we have been paying money each week on Wages for players that yet to play any games!!

Its all bullocks he should be budgeting on a worst case scenario. And why the hell did we not sell the rubbish in August if remember correctly we were out of Europe the first week in August!! And if they had budgeted for us to make the champions league finally why the hell did all these planners, Directors and Mr Chairman not re budget. Fuck me we have been paying money each week on Wages for players that yet to play any games!!

Good point - we could have recouped half of this three million by selling McCulloch in the last window. Exactly what has been his contribution since then?

That's a point.

Don't we have to pay AC Milan to play this friendly? I know in years gone by, that was the case for testimonials, you piad the opposing teams expenses. Is it the same for friendlies?