Mckay or Bain

andyboy66

Agent Willie McKay says that after a discussion (last week) concerning Jordan McMillan's loan move to Hamilton, Martin Bain then asked him to find interested parties for any players registered with him at Rangers, including Barry Ferguson and a number of other first team players. Martin Bain denies this conversation took place, and Rangers have now stated that they will never deal with Willie Mckay again. Given the number of players he represents - including half of the Rangers squad - I find that an unbelievable statement. Does that rule us out of getting any player with McKay?

Who do you believe?

No doubt McKay will be on the Radio tonight stating his case, and the silence from Ibrox will be deafening.

I fear that there is something seriously wrong at Rangers and that the financial situation is far graver than we are led to believe.

Is our club in serious danger of becoming the next Hearts?

:angry2:

I reckon its a bit of both. I'm sure Bain told him that they would be open to offers for Barry, Boyd etc. but I doubt he told him to actively go out and try to sell them.

That seems the most likely scenario to me too mate. (tu)

Martin Bain can't be trusted, he wants to do things his own way and be in the limelight.

Hes going the right way about it but making himself really unpopular with us fans, but i would imagine if the stories are true then the players themselves will be pi**ed off with him too.

I reckon its a bit of both. I'm sure Bain told him that they would be open to offers for Barry, Boyd etc. but I doubt he told him to actively go out and try to sell them.

That seems the most likely scenario to me too mate. (tu)

Yup, plausible deniability.

But the quote that they will never deal with Makay again is just plain daft, as someone else pointed out he has half the scottish game on his books. Bain is a tit.

and if they have Makay on SSB tonight they will need to extend the programme by half an hour due to his difficulties in forming sentences

Good point! I couldn't believe the first time I heard the guy speak, took him about half an hour to string a sentence together!

<cr>

and if they have Makay on SSB tonight they will need to extend the programme by half an hour due to his difficulties in forming sentences

Good point! I couldn't believe the first time I heard the guy speak, took him about half an hour to string a sentence together!

<cr>

yeah I couldn't believe it..HughK commented...no wonder the transfer deals take so long :mutley:

IMO Bain is lying, there is no way he can admit he's touting our best players out to all and sundry and no way that McKay has just dreamed this conversation up.

It's fairly simple really, both have made public statements that they are telling the truth, so naturally one of them is lying, so, the truth-teller should sue the arse off the liar for libeling him publicly.

I expect Bain to be receiving said 'libel' notification any day now.

IMO Bain is lying, there is no way he can admit he's touting our best players out to all and sundry and no way that McKay has just dreamed this conversation up.

It's fairly simple really, both have made public statements that they are telling the truth, so naturally one of them is lying, so, the truth-teller should sue the arse off the liar for libeling him publicly.

I expect Bain to be receiving said 'libel' notification any day now.

There's not a snowballs' chance in hell of McKay suing anyone for libel. He's famous for not knowing the meaning of the word truth, and IMO is trying for one last big payday before he loses his agents licence. And lose it he will, mark my words.

It amazes me how quickly some will believe the word of scum like McKay over the word of anyone connected with Rangers. No matter how lowly you rate Bain or Murray, they are well up in the honesty stakes compared to this snake in the grass.

I normally have a universal loathing for agents but I think McKay has done the Rangers fan a great service with this exposure of the smoke and mirrors techniques applied at Ibrox.

It makes perfect sense in light of so many of our players being linked here there ansd everywhere while SDM spouts shite about us not being a selling club.

Agent Willie McKay says that after a discussion (last week) concerning Jordan McMillan's loan move to Hamilton, Martin Bain then asked him to find interested parties for any players registered with him at Rangers, including Barry Ferguson and a number of other first team players. Martin Bain denies this conversation took place, and Rangers have now stated that they will never deal with Willie Mckay again. Given the number of players he represents - including half of the Rangers squad - I find that an unbelievable statement. Does that rule us out of getting any player with McKay?

Who do you believe?

No doubt McKay will be on the Radio tonight stating his case, and the silence from Ibrox will be deafening.

I fear that there is something seriously wrong at Rangers and that the financial situation is far graver than we are led to believe.

In an ideal world neither of these cretins should be anywhere near Ibrox.

I wouldn't trust either of them as far as I could throw them.

I share your fears about the financial situation.

Too many of our fans are still signed up members of the 'ostrich' loyal and their apathy may be tested if it emerges that Rangers are in serious financial difficulty.

If we are then it is all down to the Ayr United / Rugby fan that has used Rangers to boost his profile, his wealth and his status to that of a Sir.

We were not in debt when he bought the club for 8m. The position now is all down to his financial mismanagement.

Who do you believe?

McKay is an agen, about the same level of humanity as someone in marketing, the guy lies for a living lol

As for Bain, well, doesnt he do Rangers marketing? nuff said

OOOOOO that was a cynical post for me haha