Kaka rejects Manchester City move

Muff

It doesn't seem like there is any logic to any of Man City's proposed transfers. Granted, most of it is paper talk, but it appears as if the Sheikhs just made a list of a bunch of good players and now plan on buying all of them, like a grocery list or something. The truly great teams have world class players and "glue guys"- players that fill in and do the dirty, unspectacular work. Man City are truly playing a game of Football Manager.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't seem like there is any logic to any of Man City's proposed transfers. Granted, most of it is paper talk, but it appears as if the Sheikhs just made a list of a bunch of good players and now plan on buying all of them, like a grocery list or something. The truly great teams have world class players and "glue guys"- players that fill in and do the dirty, unspectacular work. Man City are truly playing a game of Football Manager.

Spot on (tu)

To use Milan as an example, over the past 7 or 8 years they have built teams perfectly. Brought in the flair guys(Rui Costa, Kaka, Pirlo to an extent) but also had the hard workers like Ambrosini and Gattuso. Add a perfect defence to it with some of the best full backs in the world and Milan built a really successful team over a period of time. They also have used the same tactic over these years and have bought players to fit into it. This is what clubs should aspire to do.

You could use the same example with the likes of Man Utd, Real and others over the years.

As has been said a thousand times, couple the FA's ownership regulations with the fact that TADG have made in the region of £300m while you typed that post and you'll see why the whole thing isn't so far fetched.

Even if it doesn't work, Man City will not be left in the shit.

Milan general manager Adriano Galliani was verbally abused by angry fans, but explains why he would never have sold Kaka a year ago and is now reconsidering.

“Milan and Kaka have not signed anything with Manchester City. As for me, I have the same feelings as the fans and love this club, but as general manager I have to keep sentiment and reasoning together.

“I believe a football club should live off its own resources and not a magnate, as when the patron is no longer able or willing to spend immense sums, things can crumble.”

Galliani was in the stands for Saturday night’s 1-0 win over Fiorentina and at half-time had to be protected by stewards as hoards of furious supporters shouted abuse and waved cash at the transfer guru.

He had said a year ago when Real Madrid made a record-breaking offer that he did not want to be remembered as the man who sold Kaka.

With £108m on the table Galliani is now apparently willing to accept that fate in the Rossoneri history books.

“Nothing has happened to push him towards Manchester. We are in a particularly difficult time with financial problems all over the world and those spread to football.

“What has changed from a year ago? Quite simply, the world is worth half of what it was. Things have changed.”

At the final whistle, all the Milan players took turns to hug Kaka in what felt increasingly like a farewell.

The banners at San Siro ranged from ‘Ricky, grow old with us’ and ‘This is your home’ to insults against the club.

Newspapers have suggested a shopping list with the £108m, including Emmanuel Adebayor, Gael Clichy and Michael Essien, but Galliani warned the money would not be splashed out.

“It is impossible to replace Kaka and there is no point getting a second-rate player. If he leaves then we would go on without him, but Kaka has not left yet.”

“There is no point making hypotheses over what Milan would do with the money, now we have to consider what to do.

“There are debts and they have to be paid. I think a virtuous club should cover its expenses with its own income.

“Unfortunately football is built in a certain way so now you cannot carry on without the cheques from a patron, as other clubs keep on raising the financial bar.”

Milan’s money comes from patron Silvio Berlusconi, but as he has been elected Prime Minister of Italy, he cannot direct so many resources to the side.

Galliani seemed tired and down after the 1-0 victory and emerged to hundreds of fans chanting slogans against his administration.

“No, it will not be an easy night for me, nor will those to come."

Former Manchester City man Bernardo Corradi has advised Kaka not to join the Eastlands side. “It always rains in Manchester!”

The Reggina striker had a disappointing spell in the Premier League and was asked what he would do in Kaka's position.

“When I was there it was a completely different club with other objectives. Now there is a Sheikh with a lot of money, so things have decidedly changed.

“If someone plays football for the love of the sport, then you are already lucky to earn a lot of money. Then if you want to challenge for certain objectives, then that is another matter.”

Kaka has been offered £500,000 per week in wages and Milan would receive £108m for the transfer.

“I have to say it rains constantly in Manchester! If I speak to Kaka then I will tell him that!” laughed Corradi.

“Plus there have been other Milan players who have followed the siren call from abroad and did not settle in well.

“Personally I'd choose Milan over Manchester City every time for the rest of my life. It's a good life in Italy.”

Corradi was hinting at Andriy Shevchenko, who demanded a £30m move to Chelsea only to struggle with the lifestyle and return to the Rossoneri.

Spot on (tu)

£500k a week - that is absolutely ridiculous.

And £108m for Kaka, £61m more than Zidane cost. I don't think so.

I would absolutely hate to see this deal or anything like it go through. Kaka is better off staying in Milan, fcuk the money, why would you want to play for a pishy English club who will never win anything? Manchester City will only be like Chelsea in a number of years. Cutting back in the transfer market and rumours of their owner wanting to sell up - only thing, Man City won't be anywhere near as successful. No Europe next season and they'll struggle the following, unless they make a UEFA Cup place.

For every Kaka, there will be a Scott Parker or Craig Bellamy.

I would absolutely hate to see this deal or anything like it go through. Kaka is better off staying in Milan, fcuk the money, why would you want to play for a pishy English club who will never win anything? Manchester City will only be like Chelsea in a number of years. Cutting back in the transfer market and rumours of their owner wanting to sell up - only thing, Man City won't be anywhere near as successful. No Europe next season and they'll struggle the following, unless they make a UEFA Cup place.

Man City for Europe this season.

TBH, I think everyone can see Kaka doesn't want to go but Galliani and Berlusconi seem to be very keen on the money. Galliani has even said that a year ago they'd have rejected the bid but due to todays financial climate they have to consider it.

Kaka will be forced into going and it will most likely ruin his career IMO.

Kaka's club future hangs in the balance, but Italy boss Marcello Lippi insists the Brazilian will stay at Milan.

Today could be the decisive day in the Kaka saga as Milan are holding a summit to discuss Manchester City's £107m bid and the player is discussing the situation with his father.

The Press are divided over whether the 2007 FIFA World Player of the Year will stay put or seek a fresh challenge, but Azzurri tactician Lippi has no doubts.

“It's inevitable that Milan would hesitate when such an offer was put in front of them,” the World Cup winner said.

“Of course the Sheiks are in love with western football and want to create a team with their unique financial capabilities, but I think Kaka will stay at Milan.”

Reports in the Italian Press suggest that Milan star Kaka will today decide whether to move to Manchester City.

The 26-year-old Brazilian has spent the weekend mulling over a world record £107m transfer to the English Premier League outfit.

The deal would make Kaka the highest earning footballer on the planet as Manchester City propose to offer him a £15m annual salary.

The former World Player of the Year has his doubts, though, and last week expressed his desire to grow old at Milan and one day captain the club.

Milan are also reluctant to sell their No 22, but admit that the offer put on the table by City is proving difficult to refuse.

Milan are lining up Bayern Munich fantasista Franck Ribery as a replacement for Kaka should the Brazilian join Manchester City, according to ‘Le Parisien’.

The French daily reports that Milan will pay £35m for the 25-year-old and increase his wages to a staggering £6.5m a year.

Milan defender Massimo Oddo, who is currently on loan at the German champions, will also form part of the deal, making his transfer permanent.

Ribery is said to be keen on moving to the Rossoneri. His teammate, Luca Toni, has apparently been teaching him Italian.

Kaka is expected to announce his decision today as to whether he will leave Milan in a world record-breaking £107m transfer.

Milan are also believed to be targeting Emmanuel Adebayor, Michael Essien and Gael Clichy in the January transfer window.

The meeting between Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani and Kaka's father Bosco Leite is over, but as yet there is "no news."

Milan are still weighing up a bid of £107m from Manchester City for prized asset Kaka.

Today could be the decisive day in the Brazilian international's future as a series of meetings have been arranged.

However, Milan Coach Carlo Ancelotti stated that there is “no news” after talks between Galliani and Kaka's father, who is representing his son's interests.

According to Milan News, Galliani is now talking to Manchester City directors, but the club have neither confirmed nor denied this.

Milan fans are currently staging protests against the transfer, but as yet there have been no further developments.

Haha! City have apparently edged closer to signing Kaka at one point, then about three days later end up with Craig Bellamy! Brilliant.

That is top stuff from Kaka, what a guy. Hopefully Elano told him how shit life is, or maybe he just sent him a video or Richard Dunne. Let's just hope City don't end up with Aguero now!

I think that they will step up (what was reported) interest in Arshavin. They will be able to pay the over-the-odds price that Arsenal are obviously trying to bring down, plus the substantial wages.