First half atrocities

Danny

Ever since Walter Smith returned, I think the away game at Pittodrie at the start of this season and perhaps Utd away a few weeks ago are the only times we've come fast out of the blocks. May be others but memory is failing me.

We were 'legendary' last season for starting slowly, pacing ourselves, measuring up the opposition then solidly beating them in the second half.

This year we're simply dire in the first half - it's embarrassing watching us play, and our second halves don't always get us out of the hot water.

It's not like watching Rangers, it's like watching a bunch of men with a football learning how to play at times. It's absolutely appalling.

Did we not Blitz ICT at home in the first half?

I agree completely, the lack of urgency in our play is truly astounding, given we havent won the league for 3 years and are playing catch up this season.

Awful first half. Quite possibly the most embarrassing game I've watched and the score line could have been different if it wasn't for McGregor.

At times I thought our team were confused by the blue shirts worn by St. Johnstone. A few too many slack passes straight to their feet.

Ever since Walter Smith returned, I think the away game at Pittodrie at the start of this season and perhaps Utd away a few weeks ago are the only times we've come fast out of the blocks. May be others but memory is failing me.

We were 'legendary' last season for starting slowly, pacing ourselves, measuring up the opposition then solidly beating them in the second half.

This year we're simply dire in the first half - it's embarrassing watching us play, and our second halves don't always get us out of the hot water.

It's not like watching Rangers, it's like watching a bunch of men with a football learning how to play at times. It's absolutely appalling.

Description is so accurate, it was as if they were using a ball for the first time. Do we have any balls in the club?

Pedestrian is one of the few words i can use to describe the first half, but this has been the norm

for the majority of the games this season.Imo the manager must see that if we play at such a

sedate pace then teams find it easy to play against, well maybe not.

Spot on Danny. A complete and utter joke of a football team. A squad full of shite and a management team that don't have a clue how to turn it around.

We are served up the same old rubbish every week. We get a bad result and our players and management tell us this and that. We never raise our performances, we look uninterested, lack the basics, we are usually 2nd best and at times, totally and utterly clueless.

The lack of quality and ability is embarrassing, the number of players played out of position is a joke and some of their attitudes and commitment is unacceptable.

If your not prepared to roll up your sleves and get stuck in, fight from the word go, show a bit of passion and commitment, work on your game, raise it, use your brain, work as a team....then fuck off. Far too many passengers, far too many shitebags and far too many arrogant and big headed people at our club.

Just ashame some people are happy with it!

Awful first half. Quite possibly the most embarrassing game I've watched and the score line could have been different if it wasn't for McGregor.

At times I thought our team were confused by the blue shirts worn by St. Johnstone. A few too many slack passes straight to their feet.

Couldn't agree more about the blue shirts of the Saints - I was thinking the same thing, and actually shouted at the monitor a few times "We're playing in white tonight, ya (fill in the blanks)!"

Couldn't agree more about the blue shirts of the Saints - I was thinking the same thing, and actually shouted at the monitor a few times "We're playing in white tonight, ya (fill in the blanks)!"

There has been games where its nearly cost us like kilmarnock with boyds goals eventually winning, but there has been games where we have started well only to falter and make games trick in the ending stages of matches such as motherwell and st mirren at home, but im definitely agreed that by most part, we seem to be strugglign in the early stages, it has nearly cost us in our last couple matches only for mcgregor to keep us in games, what are the contributing factors to this? do we think we should be walking games against st johnstone? is the transfer news unsettling our players?

If we start or play like that up at Pittodrie in a few weeks, they will maul us!

A few of their players are playing well at this moment in time and we all know how much they raise their game.

Fcuk, even Falkirk could take advantage of it on Saturday. If we start off slowly and they play the football they are capable of, they could do some damage!

If we start or play like that up at Pittodrie in a few weeks, they will maul us!

A few of their players are playing well at this moment in time and we all know how much they raise their game.

Fcuk, even Falkirk could take advantage of it on Saturday. If we start off slowly and they play the football they are capable of, they could do some damage!

there was a game last season where falkirk absolutely bossed us about footballing wise but we ended up going up the park and scoring, think naismith scored, but they have more experience up front now, wether or not they take advantage is another thing as the good thing is in the last couple of games, despite increased pressure on us, we havent conceded

We are being found out by many lesser teams now because we are allowing them to play. There is no fear any more in facing Rangers even at Ibrox. We are predictable, pedestrian and so one dimensional that we have ended up chasing games all too often. Even when we are chasing games our 'plan B' involves lumping the ball up to Boyd who is outjumped 8/10 times. Passing? Abysmal. Set plays? Horrific-both defending and attacking. We need a football coach in place. It doesnt matter about having a team of Brazilians in place, being able to pass the ball to your team mate should be a basic requirement of ANY footballer. We need someone in that will address these basic footballing needs and we will be half way there.

Guest Andypendek

Of for crying out loud...we've been passing the ball better than we have for years this season. The return of Barry has thrown a spanner in the works (much as it pains me to say it....come on Bazza, up your game!) but what's the alternative? If he keeps playing like a coo someone else will get thrown in but by heck, we are missing Kevin Thomson more than I thought we would.

Last night was appalling, and I've passed better kidney stones than we did first half. But catch a grip. It's not that bad.

A Rangers midfield should never allow themselves to be 'bossed' by a first division side and that's exactly what happened in the first half !! We were truly dire !!

No leadership on the field and the management allowing us to stagnate in mediocrity. Apart from our left midfield we are crying out for someone with a bit of grit and growl to take the rest of them by the scruff and kick ass.

Sad thing is Wattie would never have allowed it to happen in his heyday.

We are being found out by many lesser teams now because we are allowing them to play. There is no fear any more in facing Rangers even at Ibrox. We are predictable, pedestrian and so one dimensional that we have ended up chasing games all too often. Even when we are chasing games our 'plan B' involves lumping the ball up to Boyd who is outjumped 8/10 times. Passing? Abysmal. Set plays? Horrific-both defending and attacking. We need a football coach in place. It doesnt matter about having a team of Brazilians in place, being able to pass the ball to your team mate should be a basic requirement of ANY footballer. We need someone in that will address these basic footballing needs and we will be half way there.

Pretty much spot on (especially the first 3 sentences), though our passing comes and goes. Sometimes it looks very good, sometimes it looks like it did for the better part of yesterday's match. No matter how much it clicks, though, you are correct - it seems we almost always resort to lumping the ball up field instead of keeping it down, and it's rare that it finds the heids of our own players when this happens.