422 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am. The fact that he is still here -- ignoring the ignorant 'fans' with their painted bedsheets -- and is concerned with our club being run responsibly says enough for me.

He''s the Chairman -- not the Manager, or the Captain. he has sanctioned spending when we probably should not have. BUT.. he has done it when we needed it. of course, he's in a no win situation. Spend -- gets criticised. Doesn't spend -- gets criticised.

Of course Rangers should be in a better position. But many things in business, sport and life are cyclic. We will be back .. perhaps even this year when we win the title.

Well, i would imagine the majority will vote no. How can you vote yes for a chairman who wants to leave? Simple as that, without going into any details or external factors

I am just asking so we can all get a rough idea who wants him to stay and who wants him out,

Am I happy with what SDM is doing? Yes. But the buck has to stop at him.

Im not happy with what the team management is doing regarding training, team development, but then again Im not the one who may still lead the team to a domestic treble, having lead the team to a Euro final and two cup wins last year.

Well, i would imagine the majority will vote no. How can you vote yes for a chairman who wants to leave? Simple as that, without going into any details or external factors

I am just asking so we can all get a rough idea who wants him to stay and who wants him out,

Still not going to support your 80 % regardless of how many votes you get as this site doesnt represent the WHOLE of our support, i know many memebers who have left the site because of this pish that is written on these forums by some people.

Haven't been happy with him since he announced he wants out. The job needs someone with enthusiasm and ambition and someone who is looking for an out is not going to have either. Also thought going back to Walter Smith was a very negative move.

I am. The fact that he is still here -- ignoring the ignorant 'fans' with their painted bedsheets -- and is concerned with our club being run responsibly says enough for me.

He''s the Chairman -- not the Manager, or the Captain. he has sanctioned spending when we probably should not have. BUT.. he has done it when we needed it. of course, he's in a no win situation. Spend -- gets criticised. Doesn't spend -- gets criticised.

Of course Rangers should be in a better position. But many things in business, sport and life are cyclic. We will be back .. perhaps even this year when we win the title.

Sums up my feelings.

Lets hope the 'Bedsheet Loyal' dont force him to sell to the wrong people.

He thinks that we are all stupid and cant understand that finances determine that a player has to be sold

Its more the issue of why are we back in this situation

could he see foresee financial meltdown of the country? as was prob quite happy to have the debt floating at around 30m as we could sustain that if not for this crisis then the bank would not be requesting money.

on the other hand i can see where people are coming from regarding squad size and how it grew to be so big but then if he hadnt sanctioned the spending the very same people you included most likely would be on here kicking up a stink that we have no ambition to take the title back from celtic

WHATS THE MAN GOT TO DO

DAMNED IF HE DOES DAMNED IF HE DOESNT

Quite simple. It is not asking you if you want the chairman to leave, it is asking if you are happy with the job he is doing.

You know fine well that the reason the majority will vote no is that he is doing a dreadful job in charge of us and has done a dreadful job for the last 8 years. Your continued blind support of him despite being shown his many failings and what you can see on and off the park is worthy of a job at Ibrox itself.

I will say again what I feel sums up the whole point quite simply.

To lead us into financial meltdown once could be seen as unlucky, living the dream etc etc etc. To lead us into financial meltdown twice in 8 years is sheer and utter incompetance of the most staggering kind.

What makes that last statement worse in is that at least the first time we had a couple of great years of football to watch to show for it.

He thinks that we are all stupid and cant understand that finances determine that a player has to be sold

could he see foresee financial meltdown of the country? as was prob quite happy to have the debt floating at around 30m as we could sustain that if not for this crisis then the bank would not be requesting money.

on the other hand i can see where people are coming from regarding squad size and how it grew to be so big but then if he hadnt sanctioned the spending the very same people you included most likely would be on here kicking up a stink that we have no ambition to take the title back from celtic

WHATS THE MAN GOT TO DO

You mate would probably say can I have some more if Murray punched you.

Take the blinkers off, take out the 9 in a row DVD and come back to reality and examine the state we are in.

We the fans did our bit we never got us in this mess Murray did, not once but now twice since 2000.

Worst of all is his treatment of the support at Ibrox and his utter contempt for the fans.

This situation we are in will get worse and worse and as we weaken our squad, a well run club we despise Celtic get stronger with european money while we will start to struggle for 2nd.

i would never have pumped the money in that murray has and would have probably walked away from it all by now, gotta admire the man for that so im grateful for his contribution to Rangers when we could have had someone like Stewart Milne who has the money but won't spend it on his club.

WHATS THE MAN GOT TO DO

You act as if being a chairman is all about putting money into a club. Murray has failed in so many other departments -

1/ He has consistently failed to offer verbal/moral/any support to fans who are mistreated by stewards, police, the media and the courts. He goes so far as to act ashamed of this club.

2/ He has failed to make headway in any international markets DESPITE reaching a European cup final. He is oblivious to modern day marketing strategies and so failed to make many millions.

3/ He, like every other person in a position of real financial power, was warned about the credit crunch and it's impact. Even Ken Livingston saw it coming!!

Everyone says that a club chairman should always back the manager and he has done so. I do not think any manager could have had a better chairman in that respect. Pity he has chosen the wrong manager a couple of times.

Bottom line is that there is no option, no one will buy the club or throw money down the drain that is spl club ownership.

I voted that I was happy with Murray

In reality, I am never happy totally unless we are 1st, but I see our problems right now as being caused by Walter, not Murray

If Walter had made better choices with his signings and also put out a more sensible lineup against kaunas, we would not be in the mess we are in.

Around 18 months agop there was a big campaign on this board for SDM to stump up the cash - he did and Walter used it unwisely - that is not SDMs fault, it is Walters

I am happy to an extent, he's helped our club through tough times and we all know he wont just sell up and run off if it isn't for the good of the team but maybe it is time to freshen things up, times are changing and our team needs to as well

Outside the two Ibrox disasters, Murray is the worst thing that has ever happened at Rangers.

That is well below the belt, so what about when Celtic were winning NIAR, what were our training facilities like before Murray Park was built??? I'm sure there are other examples.

Ask we when the monobrows make it however many in a row they get to this time.