Are we supporters or just glory hunters?

Friedmarsbar

Nothing like being economic with the truth huh ?

Yeah, almost a decade of Fenian dominance but I'm only here for the glory

I am with you on this Jimenez , infact bit affronted that I am even being asked AM I A SUPPORTER , now 46 and as far as i can recall ( since about 5) rangers have been a huge part of my life as my later and current wage packets show

There has not been much glory in supporting Rangers the past 8 years. Sure we are in a poor financial state, playing second fiddle to them (and even third at one point!) but the support is still there and is as strong as ever. While I dont agree with high profile media moaning by some sectors of the support, everyone is entitled to not be happy with the 'service' that they are paying good money for.

A lot of those that do complain only ever remember the 9IAR years and thought that was and would be the norm. Life aint like that, and its how you react to failure that determines if you are in fact a winner.

Most RFC fans especially those on RM and FF for that matter and other forums have been supporters all their lives. I would really hesitate before calling any of them glory hunters. RST board and ordinary members are hardly glory hunters. They are all long time supporters.

Last season we went to a UEFA Cup Final, lost on the last day to Celtic in the league(I would say under dubious circumstances), won the scottish & League cups.

This season lying second in the league, still in the Scottish & League cups and out of Europe.

13 titles in 20 years

Ask yourself how many english clubs would have bite your hand off to equal what we achieved in Europe.

Sure there are financial problems, but does it deserve the Rangers Trust response, with David Edgar ranting, calling Murray a charlatan, and demanding better.

Is football not about competition, are we so vain that we need to winning everything every year, are we not spoiled brats.

Adversity is the spur to greater things - Bill Struth

if you think as manti pointed out that 2 titles out of 8 is okay then you must be deluded. what you should remember is that second best is not acceptable at rangers football club.

So telling David Muray 'We have to do better' will help us win the league this year.

Don't you think he knows it, we know it, Walter Smith knows it and the players know it.

At a time when there is no money, when we have overspent because Murray backed his managers judgement, we rush to the papers and media without the Assemblys knowledge to basically rubbish our club at a time when our support is needed.

I've news for you, we may not be able to win it.

What's the next step, ask Murray to go.

Who will take over, there is no one, not one person who would take over the club at this moment with the country and Scottish football in a financial mess.

So like it or lump it, we will have him for a long time yet.

What will you and the Trust do then?

Walk away because we are Rangers and we always must come first.

Not in the real world!

I think the whole point of the RST's stance is that it recognises that SDM is here for the foreseeable future and that there must be radical improvements in the way the club is run.

Murray's statements last week demonstrated that the club is making exactly the same mistakes as it did years ago when it became mired in debt.

What has changed? Has anything been learned from these mistakes?

Is it possible to cast a critical look at the performance of your two key employees when you count them as personal friends?

what is a glory hunter i find this a strange question

if you support rangers or celtic then you will have more good times than bad so is the fact you support a successful team the reason you can be a glory hunter

does a east stirling fan show any more or less passion when trudging out a ground when youve won or lost a game

i dont think so i think if youre a fan of any team then you just get on with it

and if i was gonna be a glory hunter i think i would choose a team where i could go to games wearing shorts and a t-shirt

Lies, Damned Lies & Statistics .... i think we can agree that, as a support, there are valid greivances that should be addressed but coming & vilifying the senior management with & calling for heads makes little sense when no constructive comments are made.

Yes, there have been various meetings where points have been raised but by issueing a 17 point plan (odd number of points & some of them are statements rather than debate points) with no public issueing of these suggestions made the statement look very biased & vindictive.

Last season we went to a UEFA Cup Final, lost on the last day to Celtic in the league(I would say under dubious circumstances), won the scottish & League cups.

This season lying second in the league, still in the Scottish & League cups and out of Europe.

13 titles in 20 years

Ask yourself how many english clubs would have bite your hand off to equal what we achieved in Europe.

Sure there are financial problems, but does it deserve the Rangers Trust response, with David Edgar ranting, calling Murray a charlatan, and demanding better.

Is football not about competition, are we so vain that we need to winning everything every year, are we not spoiled brats.

Adversity is the spur to greater things - Bill Struth

if you think as manti pointed out that 2 titles out of 8 is okay then you must be deluded. what you should remember is that second best is not acceptable at rangers football club.

Therein lies the problem for me.

Murray has brainwashed a sizeable number of the support, if not the majority, in to believing that downsizing is the only way forward for Rangers, whilst ignoring the fact that he is responsible for the position we are in that requires us to downize.

Brainwashing the support in this manner has led to many throughout the club, and in the support, to accept second best, at least in the short term.

Remember this is a chairman who has set managers the target of simply closing the points gap to celtc, not overtaking them, on occasion when we have finished a distant secord in the prior season.

Rangers should start every season with the realistic view.ambition of trying to win/compete in every game/competition. In recent years we have not always done so. IMO.