Are we supporters or just glory hunters?

Friedmarsbar

Last season we went to a UEFA Cup Final, lost on the last day to Celtic in the league(I would say under dubious circumstances), won the scottish & League cups.

This season lying second in the league, still in the Scottish & League cups and out of Europe.

13 titles in 20 years

Ask yourself how many english clubs would bite your hand off to equal what we achieved in Europe.

Sure there are financial problems, but does it deserve the Rangers Trust response, with David Edgar ranting, calling Murray a charlatan, and demanding better.

Is football not about competition, are we so vain that we need to winning everything every year, are we not spoiled brats.

Adversity is the spur to greater things - Bill Struth

Guest Andypendek

If we are glory hunters we're pretty crap at finding the glory....when St J's fans were singing 'Same old Rangers, always cheating' on Tuesday I was thinking 'If we're cheating, it's no working!'

Name one positive we can get from the Trust inspired scheme?

We've already had it.

You will have to point it out then.

Knee jerk approach as usual, from an organisation that started off brightly and has fell away.

Only propped up by Real Radio giving air time to a Mr Edgar, full of his own importance, who thinks he talks for the whole Rangers support when the Trust has only a thousand members, if that much.

We've already had it.

Knee jerk approach as usual, from an organisation that started off brightly and has fell away.

Only propped up by Real Radio giving air time to a Mr Edgar, full of his own importance, who thinks he talks for the whole Rangers support when the Trust has only a thousand members, if that much.

Well no, I don't have to do anything.

Last season we went to a UEFA Cup Final, lost on the last day to Celtic in the league(I would say under dubious circumstances), won the scottish & League cups.

This season lying second in the league, still in the Scottish & League cups and out of Europe.

13 titles in 20 years

Ask yourself how many english clubs would have bite your hand off to equal what we achieved in Europe.

Sure there are financial problems, but does it deserve the Rangers Trust response, with David Edgar ranting, calling Murray a charlatan, and demanding better.

Is football not about competition, are we so vain that we need to winning everything every year, are we not spoiled brats.

if you think as manti pointed out that 2 titles out of 8 is okay then you must be deluded. what you should remember is that second best is not acceptable at rangers football club.

We've already had it.

Is it not hard to type with your head firmly rammed up Murray's ass??????

The man has turned us from a team full of english internationals and scottish operating at a profit with David Holmes running the club properly. Within 9 years Murray had turned that on its head and we squandered 80 mill of investment and still ended up 80 million in debt. The fans never did this, nor did the players, or the manager these decisions were all made by Murray who never invested a penny he just borrowed hoping we would get into the EPL.

He messed up and for the last 8 years we have been suffering and with no sign of it getting better, if anything things are going to get a lot worse.

People like you absolutely astound me with your blinkered support of Murray, a man who detests us and treats us with contempt. :anguish:

Why settle for 2nd best?

I Know in anything I have ever entered it has been to win, whether it be my Tae Kwon do competitions or a round of golf with my mates.

Walter Smith "It's not an easy place to work but the ground rules are not set down by the managers, but are set down by tradition. And these ground rules are reasonably simple, just win!"

Got a book for my Birthday and that is one of the quotes in it :smile:

13 titles in 20 years

Ask yourself how many english clubs would have bite your hand off to equal what we achieved in Europe.

if you think as manti pointed out that 2 titles out of 8 is okay then you must be deluded. what you should remember is that second best is not acceptable at rangers football club.

So telling David Muray 'We have to do better' will help us win the league this year.

Don't you think he knows it, we know it, Walter Smith knows it and the players know it.

At a time when there is no money, when we have overspent because Murray backed his managers judgement, we rush to the papers and media without the Assemblys knowledge to basically rubbish our club at a time when our support is needed.

I've news for you, we may not be able to win it.

What's the next step, ask Murray to go.

Who will take over, there is no one, not one person who would take over the club at this moment with the country and Scottish football in a financial mess.

So like it or lump it, we will have him for a long time yet.

What will you and the Trust do then?

Walk away because we are Rangers and we always must come first.

Not in the real world!

What I found slightly ironic was an organisation that can't run a fan club smoothly was criticising people for not running a football club very successfully.

Edgar kept chanting the 'we deserve better' mantra and ended up to me sounding like Tony Blair's advertising style spiel in the run up to the '97 election.

I'm looking forward to Edgar's next campaign slogan, 'I can't believe it's not better'. :craphead2:

Why settle for 2nd best?

I Know in anything I have ever entered it has been to win, whether it be my Tae Kwon do competitions or a round of golf with my mates.

Walter Smith "It's not an easy place to work but the ground rules are not set down by the managers, but are set down by tradition. And these ground rules are reasonably simple, just win!"

But you must agree that is simply impossible. In fact, history proves it's impossible. Now you either accept that or live a delusional existence. We've had worse times than this, the fact there's a financial aspect to the current downturn may make the situation unique in our history but we've been worse, far, far worse. The times when Aberdeen and Dundee Utd we're pumping us to the trophies for example. Since I remember those times well I'm going to avoid getting hysterical about the current situation.

Why settle for 2nd best?

But you must agree that is simply impossible. In fact, history proves it's impossible. Now you either accept that or live a delusional existence. We've had worse times than this, the fact there's a financial aspect to the current downturn may make the situation unique in our history but we've been worse, far, far worse. The times when Aberdeen and Dundee Utd we're pumping us to the trophies for example. Since I remember those times well I'm going to avoid getting hysterical about the current situation.

Of course we can't win every year but what stops us trying to be the best?

It's just a quote don't take it so literal (tu)

Why settle for 2nd best?

Yes, and before David Holmes appointed Graham Souness we actually lost more games than we won in the preceding season. So why the indecent haste to run to the media. Truth is the executive in the Trust are anti-Murray, Murray knows it and will not give them any credence whatsoever. They will never have a seat in the board, and why should they, a supporter on the board is just window dressing, anyway.

13 titles in 20 years

Ask yourself how many english clubs would bite your hand off to equal what we achieved in Europe.

It doesnt really matter from whom the criticism comes....the point is that someone has had the guts to highlight consistent and regular failings at our club.

Quite simply character assassinations by you Mars Bar, or David Edgar for that matter (it works both ways) are not helpful. As I said in another thread this is not about egos its about our football club.

The financial plight we are in has nothing to do with the recession - our scouting network is very poor - our transfer policy is woeful and thats why we, half way through the season have to sell one of our first team players.

Sir David Murray really needs to look at some of the points the campaign has raised because there is a lot of truth and substance to them - and until he addresses some of these issues we will continue to fail as a club both financially and on the field.

It's not glory hunting it's to do with our club being mismanaged.

We all pay alot of money towards Rangers whether we go to the games or not and we have done for decades but we're being short changed by our club and players.

Barry Ferguson runs the dressing room and plays when not fit and is a very poor reflection on the Ferguson of 5 years ago and he picks up £30,000 a week...£120,000 a month.nearly £1.5m a year for what???

We will all support the club till we die but we might not support the management,plyers or owners.

I believe there are many Glory Hunters associated with Rangers Support, but luckily not many at the moment, as these are testing times. But the Glory hunters do come out of the woodwork as we get near sucess, those that want tickets for finals who dont go to any other games, those who want tickets for Ibrox / Away games if we are close to winning the league- every team has them but on this board the majority dont seem to be fair weather fans (some are a bit moany and crankity if we dont win ever game, every trophy but such is the nature of some fans)