Smith Replies To Fans

I cannot believe that any protest tomorrow would amount to anything more than displaying the banner seen at Perth.

No chance that would be allowed into Ibrox

I didn't see it on Tuesday, was it so big that it couldn't be smuggled in?

Plenty of people have described it as a 'bed sheet'.

Either way if it is displayed I wouldn't imagine it would last long.

I cannot believe that any protest tomorrow would amount to anything more than displaying the banner seen at Perth.

It was a bed sheet, but you get my drift, it would be gone as soon as it was displayed….also they apparently got a bad reception at Perth, I would wonder what would happen at Ibrox……

Disagree. I'd be surprised if the chairman ordered stewards to take away such material.

I remember a meeting with him a couple of years back during the PLG protests where he said he loved the challenge such protests brought.

It was a bed sheet, but you get my drift, it would be gone as soon as it was displayed….also they apparently got a bad reception at Perth, I would wonder what would happen at Ibrox……

I was sitting in the next section of seats at the game and most people we applauding it.

I understood that a protest was being arranged for the DU game, but NOT tomorrow.

So what d'you think Wattie thinks he's going to find out tomorrow, and how?

They certainly know how to get a level of publicity but just how many people they represent we may well get a better idea tomorrow.

didnt realise smith was to phone you guys up and ask when your protesting so that he could find this info out. :craphead:

Disagree. I'd be surprised if the chairman ordered stewards to take away such material.

I remember a meeting with him a couple of years back during the PLG protests where he said he loved the challenge such protests brought.

I think "he" has removed stuff like this before......

Interesting to see the replies, I would have expected some to come out with some kind of negative view of this.

in my opinion, Walter has here acted exactly as a Rangers manager should. He has shown dignity and resepect, and has not shot anything down. He queried the numbers who support this campaign, and, how many are involved, which is fine, given, a lot on here have been questioning the same thing.

Perhaps, it would then perhaps be an ideal time for the trust to contact other groups, and, Smith himself, with some ideas? In a friendly constructive manner

Yes, I'll send Walter a letter with some diagrams with what he should do at Auchenhowie.

What do you think the response would be? Remember, he knows best even though the quality of his team is rotten.

For example, Miller should be worked every day on different situations where he lacks composure in and around the box. His crossing, shooting and passing are very poor for an international, Rangers forward and if he put the practice in his ability could only improve.

Take his 'invisible flick' the other night. If the centre half hadn't scored for him then that would have ranked as one of the misses of the season. He didn't just miss the chance he missed the ball and was lucky that it was overlooked as we got a goal.

How do you teach composure? You don't teach composure per se but what you can do is do similar drills over and over again until it becomes second nature and increases the chances of him doing what he should be doing in a composed manner. As they say, practice makes perfect. [ /b]Seriously, the lad has never had that, and never will. Sell him, and play Fleck or Naismith in the hole, problem solved. That might just be the first thing I have read of yours that I agree with :cheers:The :cheers:

Had the play been the other way round, with Miller playing it in for Boyd, its pretty likely a Rangers player would have scored. And if Murray hadn't signed Tore Andre Flo 8 years ago we could have invested the 12m (+his wages) and we might have had half a shot at Kaka, presuming it was invested wiselyl :rolleyes:

Interesting to see the replies, I would have expected some to come out with some kind of negative view of this.

in my opinion, Walter has here acted exactly as a Rangers manager should. He has shown dignity and resepect, and has not shot anything down. He queried the numbers who support this campaign, and, how many are involved, which is fine, given, a lot on here have been questioning the same thing.

Perhaps, it would then perhaps be an ideal time for the trust to contact other groups, and, Smith himself, with some ideas? In a friendly constructive manner

You mean, you were ready to jump in on your highhorse :P

Its 8 feet tall man!

haha, and Tonotspal didnt let me down

I might away and offer my services as statement writer for the RST

You honestly don't see what Smith has done?

His comments are aimed at killing the campaign before it even gets started.

If he actually believed in what he was saying he would have resigned at the end of last season or after the Kaunus debacle.

Admitting he is no longer up to the job, now that would be a true Rangers man acting with dignity and integrity by putting the club before himself.

Yes, I'll send Walter a letter with some diagrams with what he should do at Auchenhowie.

What do you think the response would be? Remember, he knows best even though the quality of his team is rotten.

For example, Miller should be worked every day on different situations where he lacks composure in and around the box. His crossing, shooting and passing are very poor for an international, Rangers forward and if he put the practice in his ability could only improve.

Take his 'invisible flick' the other night. If the centre half hadn't scored for him then that would have ranked as one of the misses of the season. He didn't just miss the chance he missed the ball and was lucky that it was overlooked as we got a goal.

How do you teach composure? You don't teach composure per se but what you can do is do similar drills over and over again until it becomes second nature and increases the chances of him doing what he should be doing in a composed manner. As they say, practice makes perfect. [ /b]Seriously, the lad has never had that, and never will. Sell him, and play Fleck or Naismith in the hole, problem solved. That might just be the first thing I have read of yours that I agree with :cheers:The :cheers:

Had the play been the other way round, with Miller playing it in for Boyd, its pretty likely a Rangers player would have scored. And if Murray hadn't signed Tore Andre Flo 8 years ago we could have invested the 12m (+his wages) and we might have had half a shot at Kaka, presuming it was invested wiselyl :rolleyes:

Practice makes perfect, indeed, but, I think in this case, it still wont stop him bricking it when he gets near the box. Sadly.

You mean, you were ready to jump in on your highhorse :P

Its 8 feet tall man!

haha, and Tonotspal didnt let me down

I might away and offer my services as statement writer for the RST

You honestly don't see what Smith has done?

His comments are aimed at killing the campaign before it even gets started.

If he actually believed in what he was saying he would have resigned at the end of last season or after the Kaunus debacle.

Admitting he is no longer up to the job, now that would be a true Rangers man acting with dignity and integrity by putting the club before himself.

I think the statement originally released made more of a job of killing it than Smith has here. The last 2 Trust releases I have seen today have been better, but, they still have an uphill struggle after the initial one.

I dont think any manager would have resigned after last season, most other clubs would have looked upon it as a decent season (on paper) after the previous few years, and, it was. Kaunus for me is a difficult one. Sure, he could have walked, however, if it was me, I would have looked to make amends, and, salvage something from the season, such as the title, or even better, a treble. The other aspect of it is, if he walked at that point, we woulldnt have Mendes and Davis (we may have had others), and, we would have had to try and get a new manager in, with little time to change the squad, so, its all hypothetical if it was good or bad.

I hope he leaves, at the end of the season, with the treble in the bag, because, for me, his job will be done. Some bad football, odd decisions, but, we will be champions again, and, thats the most important thing.

Yes, I am romantic

Practice makes perfect, indeed, but, I think in this case, it still wont stop him bricking it when he gets near the box. Sadly.

Which beggars the question - why is he a Rangers player?

A player who is a millionaire through his supposed footballing ability and he can't pass, shoot or cross at the best of times.

Nice work if you can get it.