The next two games

papaguy51

I think I read J-Maestro saying that if we come out of the next two games with full points the league is ours and that's what prompted me to ask the question.

Do you agree with him?

While I don't think it's as cut and dry as that, I think he's almost spot on. If we can somehow stop the rot and put these two to the sword then it'll be such a big step towards the league.

I've got a feeling about Aberdeen next week and I can see us (eventually) putting them away.

When did the League finish after 24 games? and when did beating Aberdeen and Dundee Utd decide where the League title goes?

We f****d it up last year and we have already shown this year that we are not consistent. We could win the next 2 games and not win the league, just like we could lose the next 2 games and still win the league.

Winning against these teams certainly help, but nothing will be decided if we win both. Other factors will come into play ie Injuries, loss of form and the transfers of certain players.

I think my original post is looking at the mental aspect of things.

If our players went out and beat two bogey teams in quick succession then it would do wonders for us.

Aberdeen are a bogey team for us away from home, granted.

However, Dundee Utd dont usually come to Ibrox and do well at all. If the game was at Tannadice I would be worried, but its not.

Aberdeen is the big game, Dundee utd should take care of itself

I think I read J-Maestro saying that if we come out of the next two games with full points the league is ours and that's what prompted me to ask the question.

Do you agree with him?

While I don't think it's as cut and dry as that, I think he's almost spot on. If we can somehow stop the rot and put these two to the sword then it'll be such a big step towards the league.

I've got a feeling about Aberdeen next week and I can see us (eventually) putting them away.

When did the League finish after 24 games? and when did beating Aberdeen and Dundee Utd decide where the League title goes?

We f****d it up last year and we have already shown this year that we are not consistent. We could win the next 2 games and not win the league, just like we could lose the next 2 games and still win the league.

Winning against these teams certainly help, but nothing will be decided if we win both. Other factors will come into play ie Injuries, loss of form and the transfers of certain players.

I think my original post is looking at the mental aspect of things.

If our players went out and beat two bogey teams in quick succession then it would do wonders for us.

Aberdeen are a bogey team for us away from home, granted.

However, Dundee Utd dont usually come to Ibrox and do well at all. If the game was at Tannadice I would be worried, but its not.

Aberdeen is the big game, Dundee utd should take care of itself

They should have beaten us the last twice they've turned up at Ibrox, but we've managed to get away with it in the end.

Just my opinion obviously, I know people won't agree with that.

It would also give the players a massive confidence boost ahead of Celtic.

how many points were we in front last season.

Exactly minstral, alot of people seem to be over-reacting today.

I created this post before the Tic game :sherlock:

So what! your all over the place today <cr>

How dare he believe his team are going to win the title! :rolleyes:

How?

I'm saying that two wins in the next two games would be incredibly helpful to our title challenge because it's two teams we've struggled against recently.

Following that, I'm saying that any sort of fans optimism for the games will depend on Smith's team selections.

What part is all over the place? Enlighten me, good sir.

They should have beaten us the last twice they've turned up at Ibrox, but we've managed to get away with it in the end.

Just my opinion obviously, I know people won't agree with that.

It would also give the players a massive confidence boost ahead of Celtic.

It should, yeah.

However, we have other factors that could affect the players. ie Captain being sold, Boyd being sold, McGregor being sold etc etc.

Can all change in an instance.

Even now, Players like Weir, Broadfoot, Whittaker, Davis and Miller dont look confident at all. Which worries me

How?

I'm saying that two wins in the next two games would be incredibly helpful to our title challenge because it's two teams we've struggled against recently.

Following that, I'm saying that any sort of fans optimism for the games will depend on Smith's team selections.

One minute your saying Walter won't win us the league, next minute your saying he will.

Make up your mind what is it?

I admire you not sitting on the fence, but c'mon jumping from side to side here :pipe:

How?

One minute your saying Walter won't win us the league, next minute your saying he will.

Make up your mind what is it?

I admire you not sitting on the fence, but c'mon jumping from side to side here :pipe:

It's all in the balance, I'm not convinced either way of what Walter will do.

I could try and round it up by saying that the games are very important but our chances of winning depends on Walter not picking his 'favourites' :)

Do you agree with him?

But I think the point is we now need to go out there and get some consistancy