Wee question on kris boyd for yous all

He doesnt score in the big games, why? because he doesnt play, nah, get him the ball and he will, there in lies our problem, we, rangers footbal club, are not good enough to create the chances for boyd to score against the big teams, lets just wait for a dodgy penalty, a scrappy corner/free kick or a moment of magic that is displayed maybe once every couple of months by a different player each time

1. We beat celtic away convincingly, creating many chances.

2. Boyd had a chance against celtic, and we all know what happened there.

3. Maybe, just maybe, the whole team performance shouldn't be geared to setting Boyd up within 12 yards of goal?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed.

Eck, look mate, I agree with you on everything but this.

I'm not blaming Boyd for any loss, but he has to prove that he's worth the start. As I said in the Aberdeen Official Thread, I'd play him on Saturday because if a ball drops to him in the box then he WILL score.

It's all about proving he's worth the 'risk' in big games, and so far he's been (in general) a complete let-down when he's been trusted.

See now thats a more interesting post, the rest of what we've all been saying this 7 pages is just the same thing we always say :lol:

Indeed.

Eck, look mate, I agree with you on everything but this.

I'm not blaming Boyd for any loss, but he has to prove that he's worth the start. As I said in the Aberdeen Official Thread, I'd play him on Saturday because if a ball drops to him in the box then he WILL score.

It's all about proving he's worth the 'risk' in big games, and so far he's been (in general) a complete let-down when he's been trusted.

While we are on an agreeing run at the moment, I have already said I would sell boyd, for the right price, at the right time of the season, selling him now, with nobody to step up is just ridiculous and anybody who thinks otherwise is deluded

Boyd has proved in the last month or so that he is the best striker we have, miller has faded away and hasnt added goals to his running, of which he hasnt done a lot of, carrying an injury or not, boyd out ran him again and still looked a more dangerous player in the air

He doesnt score in the big games, why? because he doesnt play, nah, get him the ball and he will, there in lies our problem, we, rangers footbal club, are not good enough to create the chances for boyd to score against the big teams, lets just wait for a dodgy penalty, a scrappy corner/free kick or a moment of magic that is displayed maybe once every couple of months by a different player each time

2. Maybe, just maybe, the whole team performance shouldn't be geared to setting Boyd up within 12 yards of goal?

So whats it to do? Get to the 6 yard box and pass it back in the hope mendes might crack one from 30 yards?

But we've got hard evidence he can't perform in big games.

Where's your evidence that someone couldn't come in and score all those goals?

What, 1 goal in 5 starts against celtic (more than JCD/sebo)? 5 or 6 european goals in about 10 or 11 starts? 4 cup final goals, 7 in 15 for scotland... or do you count every misplaced pass? If he had a partner who could score, he would have a hell of a lot more assists and hes already played a part in a lot of our goals this season with his albeit improved linkup play

:lol:

Your Celtic stat is complete semantics. One goal against Celtic in his whole fucking CAREER!

6 European goals? When?

The Cup Final goals brought my unbridled joy.

And much like the criticisms he suffers for Rangers, who were his Scotland goals against? Faroe Islands and Bulgaria's B team provided a fair few of them, possibly four I think.

It was 1 more than kenny up until august this year :unsure:

A good center forward should, occasionally, be able to carve out his own chances. Tis the sign of a good striker from what av heard.

Some people like the lazy bastards that do nufink against the better teams and think it's ok!

2. Maybe, just maybe, the whole team performance shouldn't be geared to setting Boyd up within 12 yards of goal?

So whats it to do? Get to the 6 yard box and pass it back in the hope mendes might crack one from 30 yards?

Pedro only scores ridiculous and important goals :pipe:

Maybe to be less one dimensional and have our style of play not be so transparent and easy to defend against?

I wouldn't even risk him at Pittodrie, he's had his chances.

But muff he'll do nothing for 80minutes and then score :)

Good old boyd ehh!

I'm that desperate for a win that, if it was 0-0 at the time, I'd be happy with that :lol:

The Boyd and Miller partnership is rubbish. I honestly don't see what people see in it?

it gets under you're skin is my first reason. (tu)

Great input to the discussion.

You love just going around being a pain in the arse annoying people.

The Boyd and Miller partnership is rubbish. I honestly don't see what people see in it?

just typing the first thing that comes to heed.

3. Maybe, just maybe, the whole team performance shouldn't be geared to setting Boyd up within 12 yards of goal?

so how could nobody else have stepped up against celtic? why is boyds miss the only one getting pinpointed? oh wait, was it boyds fault nobody else popped up with a goal? what about when boyd set miller and mendes up against celtic? no? that doesnt matter, it only matters that boyd missed so you can use it as an excuse, aye ok doh

just typing the first thing that comes to heed.

Better off just staying in the OT then.

so how could nobody else have stepped up against celtic? why is boyds miss the only one getting pinpointed? oh wait, was it boyds fault nobody else popped up with a goal? what about when boyd set miller and mendes up against celtic? no? that doesnt matter, it only matters that boyd missed so you can use it as an excuse, aye ok doh

But no-one is defending Miller or Mendes tooth and nail to the extent that you lot are with Boyd, this is the whole point.

Some of the unrealistic claims about Boyd you see on here almost make people want to criticise him.

1. We lost against Kaunas and St. Mirren away, creating little chances with Boyd out the team.

2. Velicka had a great chance against Kaunas and he missed it.

Just because Kris Boyd is out the team, it does not mean that we are necessarily going to start thumping teams 4-0, 5-0 every week. Boyd is not a great all-round player but for £400k, I think we've done all right.

But no-one is defending Miller or Mendes tooth and nail to the extent that you lot are with Boyd, this is the whole point.

Some of the unrealistic claims about Boyd you see on here almost make people want to criticise him.

Some of the harsh criticisms about Boyd make people want to defend him.

It goes both ways.