Old Firm fans snub CIS semis

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the tims are on instead - we'll get the 34 seconds of highlights instead.

A Cup semi final and our club go and arrange a friendly against AC Milan, nice one.

Is this game not on TV?

Nope. The scum's game is but ours isn't.

Only in fcuking Scotland would you not be able to watch both semi finals of a cup. An absolute disgrace.

Fucking BBC, I was meant to be going out that night but thinking the game was on TV I was planning to stay in.

And that AC Milan friendly, I still can't see the sense in it. To be honest if we get bet 6-0 I couldn't give a fuck, what a pointles game.

£19 for adults and £5 for kids are what my two tickets cost. They arrived last weekend and I am looking forward to it.

Yesterday my same two tickets arrived for the game at the piggery on Feb 15th. £72 for the pair. Just another league game, not a cup final or even a semi final.

The CIS cup semi finals and final are always much better value and cheaper than any league game or Scottish cup game and I for one think the SFL are to be congratulated for their pricing of this game, given the prices we pay for any league away game.

I am very surprised at the low take-up of tickets for our semi final (not in the least surprised at the other semi).

Come on bears, get yourself along and support the team. It could be the last time you see one of our star players in the team before they are sold at the end of the window!!!

Its only £18 for a ticket in the West stand, but for me the biggest problem is paying the petrol money to get up there. That and the price for food, I am a hungry bastard, can make a trip to see Rangers quite expensive. But since I work saturdays I've hardly seen any games this season, so it's about time I dragged my arse up there (tu)

The big game hunters will all come out of the woodwork looking for tickets if its an old firm final though...

It's always the same.

I got a ticket for both semi finals last year, but couldn't get one for the final, so I've experienced that first hand.

The big game hunters will all come out of the woodwork looking for tickets if its an old firm final though...

It's always the same.

I got a ticket for both semi finals last year, but couldn't get one for the final, so I've experienced that first hand.

That's frustrating, like Europe last year, a few hundred of us in Belgrade, Zeta and the Club sending back tix, then we get to the UEFA Quarters and better and folk who regularly travel stop getting tix and these corporate hospitality people start appearing.

From the figures quoted there are very few rangers fans who have gone out of their way to get tix, remember everybody on the CCCS will have got them.

From the figures quoted there are very few rangers fans who have gone out of their way to get tix, remember everybody on the CCCS will have got them.

That is quite correct. I wonder how many are on the CCCS this season. I am sure it got to about 12,000 at one point last season, or perhaps the season before. So taking that number out of the equation, plus the RSC's allocations and a thousand or so for Bairns fans, there are probably very few ordinary bears who have either phoned up or went to the TO for a ticket for this match.

Of course, a win tomorrow for us coupled with a good result for Hibs may result in a late surge of ticket sales for at least one of the semi finals!!

i think so, but i have cable, its only available on sky.

coverage would be sh1t i imagine, they usually only carry setanta cup (NIvROI teams - yawn)

That's a great competition! A real festival of football :craphead:

You might be able to watch it in a pub or something, it's not all bad, think of the poor people over here who can't see it anywhere (unless they go to the game of course).

It's always the same.

I think that's a bit unfair, I'd be going but I don't fancy walking 100 miles home after the game, and I'm sure many others are in the same predicament. Not that there aren't those who come out of the woodwork, as you say.

It's always the same.

That's frustrating, like Europe last year, a few hundred of us in Belgrade, Zeta and the Club sending back tix, then we get to the UEFA Quarters and better and folk who regularly travel stop getting tix and these corporate hospitality people start appearing.

You'd think the fans who saw every round and travelled to every away game would get some kind of priority for tix. That's how I thought it worked.

When I rang for tix for the falkirk game the guy on the other end of the phone gave the impression that it would be difficult to get 2 tix together for the West stand. :unsure: I assumed many tix had been sold.

It's always the same.

I think that's a bit unfair, I'd be going but I don't fancy walking 100 miles home after the game, and I'm sure many others are in the same predicament. Not that there aren't those who come out of the woodwork, as you say.

It was the hospitality mob I was thinking of, lots of regular game going fans struggle to get to mideek games (including myself, it's a 120 mile round trip for me).

You'd think the fans who saw every round and travelled to every away game would get some kind of priority for tix. That's how I thought it worked.

The Travel club operates a points system so there is an element of that, but there is also always an element of corporate tickets and their uptake varies game to game.

Is this game not on TV?

Nope. The scum's game is but ours isn't.

Only in fcuking Scotland would you not be able to watch both semi finals of a cup. An absolute disgrace.

Same last year - ours with Hearts was chosen and timmy wasn't shown. It was them in the other semi right? Or had they already gone out earlier - for some reason I seem to remember they did.