Guess it was too much to ask for!

Muff

Posted this in minstrals thread. I'm continually told to stop being so negative.

We have to be ready from the moment we leave the dressing room - a good captain would spur his team from the moment the teams line-up in the tunnel.

As soon as either Rangers or Aberdeen take kick off, they have to be on the ball, they have to make their passes count, they have to work even harder than Aberdeen, they need to be focussed and determined. They need to help each other out, they have to be first to every ball, if they don't win it first time then they need to win the second ball. They have to be switched on for 90 oddd minutes and they have to take their chances.

Too many times they have come up with a powder puff performance, a let down, take the lead and switch off. Too many times we have looked uninterested and the opposition have wanted it more - that's unnacceptable in any sport, let along playing for Rangers. Everytime you pull on that jersey you should be giving 101%, they should be running through brick walls for their team mates, management and supporters - I expect a performance today, I expect the players to prove us(well me) wrong, give their all and come full time, bounce of the park, battle wounds on show with three points.

I'm fed up of the let down, the hurt, hearing our players and management say and promise, this and that - if any of them are not up for this game and the battle ahead, then they can fuck off right now - they don't know how lucky they are!

Let's fucking do it!

I guess that was too much to ask for - bar the 6 minute spell.

Once again I'm angered, dissappointed, let down and disgraced at our players and management. They don't have the heart, passion or desire to win the league.

hard to be positive after that performance. I am digusted with it. A draw at pittodrie isnt the worst result in the world given how we have struggled there in the past but when you have a chance to go top after being 7 points behind less than a month ago i would expect a far better team performance and team selection that that. Yet again we have done strachans team talk for him. I would have been confident of hibs taking points off celtic if we had won today but now they will all get a massive boost from knowing they can extend their lead again.

A good captain would get his team fired up for the game and show the desire and qualities to lead the team. In the tunnel before the match Ferguson was joking and smiling, not what I want to see from our 'skipper' in such an important match!

Then we have Walter, McCoist and McDofukall on the bench at the start of the game joking with the Aberdeen bench as if they were at a pub sharing a few drinks.

Once again the players, management team failed to produce when it really matters!

That was exactly how I want to the players to perform, hungry, alert, closing down and realising 'fuck me this is Rangers we are playing for I better step up and show I'm worthy'

Fleck gets a mention for looking ready for the first team, second half he fell away but still it's a hard ground to go to. Negatives are Lee McCulloch and not starting Kris Boyd.

Wouldnt put too much blame on the players today

Can't agree with that, the players are the ones who take 45 minutes to wake up every week.

Too many of them pass the buck and leave it up to others to try and create something. Regardless of the formation, as negative as it may be, the players need to show a bit of responsibility and desire to win the game.

Today, that was nowhere near happening. So frustrating.

I don't think there is anything wrong with 4-5-1 tbh. You just need the right players for it.

Theres nothing wrong with the formation, but it just doesn't work for us under Smith, or with Miller/Boyd up front ALONE, or any of our team really.

Not even sure it works that well in the current SPL.

Fortune favours the brave. Aye ready! Aye! Right!

To win a title you must really go for it. It is like a tennis championship - you have to really gut out every point for every minute of the set. We only competed in the last twen minutes and injury time. We set up defensively and played a tight game at a slow pace. We created few chances. This is not the way to glory. Its the way to a safe second place. Is that really what we want?

Yes walter picks the team and the players must follow his instructions.

but can anyone honestly tell me that they saw even one rangers player there today burst a gut for the cause.

because im sorry i cant.

WALTER HAS TO GO....if he cant get the team up for a trip to pittodrie and a chance at going top

of the table then he surely has to go.

he was scared of aberdeen today,...what an embarrasement.

Aye, the players do what Wally tells them.

And you think Smith tells them to go out and deliver 90 minutes of solid mediocrity? To play well beneath their abilities? To make basic playing errors? That if there are no clear openings, to speculatively punt the ball up to Miller or Boyd with three abershite defenders around them?

Blaming Smith for the players performance is misplaced criticism.

Smith picks the team and dictates tactics, not form or performance levels. That's down to the players and I hope a good number of them are feeling as bad s I do right now about the result.

but can anyone honestly tell me that they saw even one rangers player there today burst a gut for the cause.

because im sorry i cant.

WALTER HAS TO GO....if he cant get the team up for a trip to pittodrie and a chance at going top

Every one

I dont think they maybe have the capability that you think they do though?

because im sorry i cant.

Every one

I dont think they maybe have the capability that you think they do though?

so you think every single rangers player burst a gut for the team today????

baffling...

and i am not meanin young fleck in this ..he has inexperience as an excuse for disappearing in the second half.

Aye, the players do what Wally tells them.

And you think Smith tells them to go out and deliver 90 minutes of solid mediocrity? To play well beneath their abilities? To make basic playing errors? That if there are no clear openings, to speculatively punt the ball up to Miller or Boyd with three abershite defenders around them?

Blaming Smith for the players performance is misplaced criticism.

Smith picks the team and dictates tactics, not form or performance levels. That's down to the players and I hope a good number of them are feeling as bad s I do right now about the result.

He picked a formation that even my wife sees we do not have the players to make it work. I actually think he does not understand the way to play 4-5-1.

Posted this in minstrals thread. I'm continually told to stop being so negative.

We have to be ready from the moment we leave the dressing room - a good captain would spur his team from the moment the teams line-up in the tunnel.

As soon as either Rangers or Aberdeen take kick off, they have to be on the ball, they have to make their passes count, they have to work even harder than Aberdeen, they need to be focussed and determined. They need to help each other out, they have to be first to every ball, if they don't win it first time then they need to win the second ball. They have to be switched on for 90 oddd minutes and they have to take their chances.

Too many times they have come up with a powder puff performance, a let down, take the lead and switch off. Too many times we have looked uninterested and the opposition have wanted it more - that's unnacceptable in any sport, let along playing for Rangers. Everytime you pull on that jersey you should be giving 101%, they should be running through brick walls for their team mates, management and supporters - I expect a performance today, I expect the players to prove us(well me) wrong, give their all and come full time, bounce of the park, battle wounds on show with three points.

I'm fed up of the let down, the hurt, hearing our players and management say and promise, this and that - if any of them are not up for this game and the battle ahead, then they can fuck off right now - they don't know how lucky they are!

Let's fucking do it!

I guess that was too much to ask for - bar the 6 minute spell.

Once again I'm angered, dissappointed, let down and disgraced at our players and management. They don't have the heart, passion or desire to win the league.

For negative, read REALISTIC.

I,m sick of Smiths tactical genius.. he showed his hand as usual from the kick off...... play for a fuckin draw and hope for a win

makes me sick, even if we are lucky enough to win the league. We,ll win it despite him not because of him.