Alex Ferguson

Zulu

i think if he waa going to buy, he would have to pay big bucks, and im talking around 7-8mill - purely based on his potential..they have done it time and time again with the likes of nani, anderson, and the two lads from serbia...

If Fleck went to Man Utd he wouldn't have an earthly of getting near the first team. Best he could hope for would be being sent on loan to a Championship side. If it worked out for him he might start getting an occasional sub appearance in a couple of years time, but even then he could still find himself at Sunderland at the age of 22 - 23.

If he stays with us he'll be a full international within 12-18 months and get regular European experience. He's young enough that he can still get a move down south in a few years time to make the big money.

Hope the people advising him think the same way. Liam Miller is an excellent example of what can happen if you move too early.

i think if he waa going to buy, he would have to pay big bucks, and im talking around 7-8mill - purely based on his potential..they have done it time and time again with the likes of nani, anderson, and the two lads from serbia...

Everyone knows that SDM is desperate to bring some money in, Utd would only have to offer £2-3 Million to get a positive response from us. If Ferguson sees us accepting £3.75m for our top scorer he's hardly goin to feel the need to offer double that for a 17 year old who just breaking through. Murray probably knows Smith will make a tit of bringing Fleck through anyway and look to cash in on his potential.

If Fleck went to Man Utd he wouldn't have an earthly of getting near the first team. Best he could hope for would be being sent on loan to a Championship side. If it worked out for him he might start getting an occasional sub appearance in a couple of years time, but even then he could still find himself at Sunderland at the age of 22 - 23.

If he stays with us he'll be a full international within 12-18 months and get regular European experience. He's young enough that he can still get a move down south in a few years time to make the big money.

Hope the people advising him think the same way. Liam Miller is an excellent example of what can happen if you move too early.

(tu) spot on MikeBlue well said

I agree with you it would benefit him a lot more staying for now but the worrying thing is everyone knows our financial position and Man U have money to splash, so if a good bid comes in Murray wouldn't think twice

I disagree, Ferguson is one of the most willing managers to give youngsters a chance. If Fleck went there he'd get a decent go at the first team if Fergie thought he was good enough.

I disagree, Ferguson is one of the most willing managers to give youngsters a chance. If Fleck went there he'd get a decent go at the first team if Fergie thought he was good enough.

Got to agree there mate, tocsic came on yesterday as a sub.

Tocsic is a full International already tho.

But then there is Rafael, started some big games this season in rotation with Gary Nevile.

So could Fleck be by the time Iceland comes.

Maybe we could sell him to Man Utd for £10 million and keep him here for 3 years.

Offer me ten million and I still wouldn't sell the boy. In 3 years time he could be worth double that.

I don't think any Scottish player will ever be worth more than 9M.