Are we just stumbling along?

Danny

If you look at the results and performances this season, bar the first couple of months where we led in the league and looked solid and fairly consistent, nowadays we really do not know what to expect from the side.

I just get the feeling this team, and its manager, by and large, are just 'getting by'. Occasionally you'll get some nice football, but there's no soul behind it, and it doesn't feel like a team or a manager who believe in themselves much.

Rangers seem to currently be football by the numbers. We do just enough that we never slide too far behind in anything, but we never seem to be in command of much either.

We need inspiration, and soon.

Lame duck manager, he clearly has lost the ability or the will to inspire his players.

Good players who are dragged down by playing with shite.

Team picked on something other than ability.

Playing staff too large, too many players not getting games and no opportunity for the promising youth players.

Lame duck manager, he clearly has lost the ability or the will to inspire his players.

Playing staff too large, too many players not getting games and no opportunity for the promising youth players.

I agree somewhat with these comments. Obviously Walter has bought badly and now finds him self with a squad that is both too large and lop sided with far too many players at certain positions and far too few at others. This leads to players playing out of position. Players not getting games. A cash flow defecit. Youth not getting a chance. Add to that the fact some players are at best mediocre and its a sad situation.

Just not good enough Walter.

SDM says we have to be prudent and have good fiscal management, but heck Walter gambled big time with a lot of money this Summer and the result is the mess we are in now.

The team have showed on occasion that they are capable of playing good football when they keep it on the deck, the problem is consistancy, and that surely has to do with what goes on behind closed doors [coaching] although I don't subscribe totaly to the theory that Barry slows things down to much in the middle, if he misses the DU game we may get the answer to that question, I just think he's not playing to form, I'm more of the opinion that it's the management team who still don't know at this stage of the season what the prefered team selection is and that has a bearing on the team with players being played all over the place and not sure what's expected of them.

We're a long way off playing players in there preffered positions, and if they don't perform someone comes in and automatically takes over that position.

If you look at the results and performances this season, bar the first couple of months where we led in the league and looked solid and fairly consistent, nowadays we really do not know what to expect from the side.

I just get the feeling this team, and its manager, by and large, are just 'getting by'. Occasionally you'll get some nice football, but there's no soul behind it, and it doesn't feel like a team or a manager who believe in themselves much.

Rangers seem to currently be football by the numbers. We do just enough that we never slide too far behind in anything, but we never seem to be in command of much either.

I agree it does feel like that. We haven't managed to get ourselves "on a run" as such for a while now. There are few, if any, games I outright expect us to win; more hope.

Perhaps slightly simplistic but if you look at our form this season, the loss of Kevin Thomson is a huge factor.

We don't start quick enough and we're so lethargic for long parts of the game.

I'd say we don't have the technique required to look good for any longer that 20/30 minutes of a game. The ball was like a hot potato at times last night and I was quite embarrassed with some of our first touches.

I totally agree with you Dan. No leadership on the park, and we all know who that's down to.

it never used to be this much of a rollercoaster supporting the gers, the club hasn't got any stability or consistancy.

Oh it was mate, trust me it was. I've seen far worse Rangers teams than this one.

Someone asked me this question recently. I'd have to say this team ranks up there even with the much maligned squad that Jock Wallace had just before Souness arrived.

Ultimately, at least the likes of Hugh Burns and Nicky Walker were giving it their all week in, week out, even if we all doubted their quality.

With the current crop of players, you never know what to expect and they seem to have no shame in defeat. I believe a big part of the reason is that we consistently over-pay (a problem since the Souness era) and so not only are many of our also-rans making huge money, they cannot be off-loaded. Consequently we have a huge squad with several bit players living on easy street with five figures a week.

it never used to be this much of a rollercoaster supporting the gers, the club hasn't got any stability or consistancy.

Oh it was mate, trust me it was. I've seen far worse Rangers teams than this one.

Someone asked me this question recently. I'd have to say this team ranks up there even with the much maligned squad that Jock Wallace had just before Souness arrived.

Ultimately, at least the likes of Hugh Burns and Nicky Walker were giving it their all week in, week out, even if we all doubted their quality.

With the current crop of players, you never know what to expect and they seem to have no shame in defeat. I believe a big part of the reason is that we consistently over-pay (a problem since the Souness era) and so not only are many of our also-rans making huge money, they cannot be off-loaded. Consequently we have a huge squad with several bit players living on easy street with five figures a week.

Now there's a name from the past, 1st. time I saw Hugh was when he came on as a sub at Hampden against that lot, the first thing he done was hit big Roy Aitken {it was a belter], and I though out loud "oh yes he'll do for me", what a nutter, pity he turned out to be rubbish.

Thoroughly agree, Danny. Our delivery at corners is a constant embarrassment, defending at set pieces is a bomb scare, and I rarely have confidence that anyone apart from Boyd will score, though it was nice for a change to see Nacho grab his brace with such confidence against Falkirk.

So tired of seeing this team sleepwalk through the first 45 minutes. I hope to God they load up on Monster drinks or the equivalent before the Co-op Cup final - anything to give a full 90+ worth of effort. I know with Septic as the opposition, effort should be a given, but I take nothing for granted nowadays.

I would tend to disagree with that statement. At this point in the season, I think we have a resonable idea of what we can expect; reasonably confident displays at Ibrox, and timid and lifeless performances away from Ibrox.

Guest hotchilli

Did he not get you to a Euro Final?

sniff sniff

:craphead:

Guest hotchilli

sniff sniff

:craphead:

I'm not a Rangers supporter. Check out my profile. I have nothing to hide about That!!! lol

I am on lots of football forums. This is my first rangers one.

Guest hotchilli
because if you'd said celtic id have started throwing things at you.

Yes, and the same of other forums: Celtic, Manchester Utd, Chelsea etc