i have to laugh at walter

minstral

Oh ffs another have a go at Walter thread, while sometimes he can be over cautious, does anyone on here really think he doesn't always try and do his best for the club, he is one of us afterall.

If you feel so strongly about WS then instead of being destructive and divisive, how about some constructive thoughts on a replacement if thst's what you really want.

Playing Adam,when we had Buffel,playing almost everyone out of possition? Playing his pal McCulloch even when he was poor for mounts.Is that what you call `giving his best for the club` ?

Playing the same defensive tactics over and over...No making changes in team with injured captain and players out of form.

Aye,he got us to the UEFA Cup Final.But we DIDN`T even played in it.The only team on the pitch was Zenit and we were just woeful.

That`s why i hope Rangers will hire new manager once this season is over.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ffs another have a go at Walter thread, while sometimes he can be over cautious, does anyone on here really think he doesn't always try and do his best for the club, he is one of us afterall.

I note some comments about us not having a run in Europe this season, so that'll be the same guys who berated his tactics last year, that while not pretty, got us to our first euro final for 36 years which I for one wouldn't have missed despite the result.

It just appears that no matter what he does he is crucified by some sections of the support, so if he's so bad why is there almost no suggestions for a replacement from the moaners?.

If you feel so strongly about WS then instead of being destructive and divisive, how about some constructive thoughts on a replacement if thst's what you really want.

yes he did get us to a european final, but watching us play last year was torture and it would have been better if we had a go in the final. he should never have come back as he has learned nothing from his last season in charge apart from slagging off his own fans just to please his master murray. when you think walter the puppet with murray pulling the strings.

Of course it would have been better if we'd had a go, but think about it logically, they had much better players than us and if we'd attacked them we could have got a real hiding.

Remember the high of Fiorentina, we didn't exactly attack them but how feckin good was it when Nacho put away the final penalty?. and if we'd done the same in the final we'd still have been down as the winners.

OK so you don't like WS, you are entitled to your opinion, but who would you get to replace him?, and please don't come out with the "it's not my job" routine.

I note some comments about us not having a run in Europe this season, so that'll be the same guys who berated his tactics last year, that while not pretty, got us to our first euro final for 36 years which I for one wouldn't have missed despite the result.

It just appears that no matter what he does he is crucified by some sections of the support, so if he's so bad why is there almost no suggestions for a replacement from the moaners?.

I`ll 2nd that, I don`t think some people realise how far we came in so little time with such limitations placed on us!

he has wasted millions on poor players and the football is still boring to watch.

We would all like to see a Mr Gasgoine or Laudrup walk through the door, we know that is not likely in this financial climate.

Until that happens, we have got to play with the cards we are dealt. That is the cold reality of the situation!

Walter has to take full blame for our exit.

Yep the players are totally blameless.......

Oh shut up walters boy...........the players are shite and shouldn't be anywhere near a Rangers side but Walter picks them.

McCulloch done his best but is rank

Adam and Dailly too

Broadfoot is pish and Weir is too old.

Miller nowhere near good enough and Velicka is shite.

Who picks them all though and plays them out of position......yip WALTER

There lies the blame

Oh shut up walters boy...........the players are shite and shouldn't be anywhere near a Rangers side but Walter picks them.

Adam and Dailly too

There lies the blame

Nope the eleven players that night were awful and played well below there capabilities, the manager was of course to blame but so were the players, only the very blinkered would attempt to defend them

I would never defend them,they were shite cos most are shite or should i say not good enough for Rangers.

None of us would ever pick Dailly,Adam,McCulloch,Velicka......Walter did and we went out to the worst side since Valletta we have played in Europe.

The players share the blame but Walter played the shite players out of position which made them look worse.

I would never defend them,they were shite cos most are shite or should i say not good enough for Rangers.

None of us would ever pick Dailly,Adam,McCulloch,Velicka......Walter did and we went out to the worst side since Valletta we have played in Europe.

The players share the blame but Walter played the shite players out of position which made them look worse.

So you agree they were both to blame, no problem, and no need for the teenage like “shut up”….

When you say none of us would ever pick...we would if that was the squad we had. Walter and the chairman took the risk that the squad was good enough to get through that game, they weren't, but they should have been

Gaff, my friend are you needing to unwind today? i`m feeling some negative energy coming from you this morning.

When you see your team not playing good,you should make changes.Not freezing Buffel and Gow,and playing Adam and McCulloch all the time.

If buffel was the answer then god help us, he did nothing when he was included.....

Also doubt Gow would have made any difference

Do you really believe there`s a chance of them being any worse than McCulloch/Adam ? I don`t think so.At least Buffel and Gow should have been given a chance to prove,especially when you have players out of form in your starting 11.

Was Buffel still at the club - and even if he was, there was no way he should have played

As for Alan Gow, the guy couldn't even do it in the reserves or against East Fife or East Stirling - so throwing him into a Champions League qualifier would have been complete and utter madness!

The blame lies with both the players and management, the players were a disgrace but Wally has to take even more stick!

the door is open you f*cken old prick. Its your fcuking fault we are not in Europe and your idotic team selection

:rolleyes:

what? its the truth. His stupidness cost of us millions

I just don't think there's any need to be so disrespectful to such a loyal club servant. (td)

Fair enough, berate him for his tactics and selection but calling him a prick is unnecessary.

Agree 100%. Calling him an old prick is very over the top and very disrespectful indeed.

And as for the original statement just let it go. No point in this thread what so ever.

Adam and Dailly too

There lies the blame

Nope the eleven players that night were awful and played well below there capabilities, the manager was of course to blame but so were the players, only the very blinkered would attempt to defend them

The blame always lies at the door of the manager.

That's just how it is, rightly or wrongly.

Groundhog Day.

Football fans in discussing their team's management shocker.

A match that happened about 8 months ago. Yes it cost us a lot of money but on the context of this thread, Smith's comments realy don't merit another thread discussion about the wrongs of the Kaunus game.

Groundhog Day.

Football fans in discussing their team's management shocker.

A match that happened about 8 months ago. Yes it cost us a lot of money but on the context of this thread, Smith's comments realy don't merit another thread discussion about the wrongs of the Kaunus game.

PLG gets slated every day on here and that debacle was more than 8 months ago.

If you're looking to avoid talking about one of the most humiliating European exits in our club's history then I suggest an internet forum isn't for you :P

the door is open you f*cken old prick. Its your fcuking fault we are not in Europe and your idotic team selection

I just don't think there's any need to be so disrespectful to such a loyal club servant. (td)

Fair enough, berate him for his tactics and selection but calling him a prick is unnecessary.

there being loyal servant there is just being stubborn, he is very subborn. wont admit he got it wrong playing player ot of position. signing a player that was like spitting straight in the fans faces

there being loyal servant there is just being stubborn, he is very subborn. wont admit he got it wrong playing player ot of position. signing a player that was like spitting straight in the fans faces

No need to call him an old prick though.

Gaff, my friend are you needing to unwind today? i`m feeling some negative energy coming from you this morning.

I was a bit stressed......kids driving me up the wall before nursery.

Better now cheers

No need to call him an old prick though.

its my opinion, loyal servant our not, The Miller signing was like spitting in out faces or a kick to the balls from him and his wasting millions and playing players out of positon cost us even more money