CIS cup final

blueboy94

What do you think Smith's thinking will be this time?

Another 4-5-1 hopeing to nick a goal,or try a 4-4-2 even after the loss at Ibrox?

a think smith will go 4-4-2 is a 1 of game a cup final so hel go for broke not like yesterday where he played for a draw

The Zenit game was also a one off Cup final but that still didnt stop Walter from adopting the cautious approach for that one, the guy doesn't know the meaning of the word attack!!

I don't think that team were capable of lining up any other way, this team can......

Another 4-5-1 hopeing to nick a goal,or try a 4-4-2 even after the loss at Ibrox?

a think smith will go 4-4-2 is a 1 of game a cup final so hel go for broke not like yesterday where he played for a draw

The Zenit game was also a one off Cup final but that still didnt stop Walter from adopting the cautious approach for that one, the guy doesn't know the meaning of the word attack!!

I don't think that team were capable of lining up any other way, this team can......

So why did Walter chose to play pretty much the exact same line-up at the Piggery that failed against Aberdeen? As someone pointed out in another thread when we played 4-4-2 at Ibrox in the last OF we were the better side and controlled most of the game, they had one chance and they took it, sometimes that happens in football, the better teams lose.

Walter and his negativity cost us heavily last season and if he doesnt change his ways it will end up costing us this season also.

So why did Walter chose to play pretty much the exact same line-up at the Piggery that failed against Aberdeen? As someone pointed out in another thread when we played 4-4-2 at Ibrox in the last OF we were the better side and controlled most of the game, they had one chance and they took it, sometimes that happens in football, the better teams lose.

Walter and his negativity cost us heavily last season and if he doesnt change his ways it will end up costing us this season also.

I disagree , i thought we were worse at ibrox...

The formation worked yesterday and we should ahve won the game.

Walters "negativity" got us to a european final last year, two cups and a league we were cheated out of as we were forced into playing to many games in too short a period of time.....

In fact when walter did try the 4-4-2 (like against dundee utd.) last season it didn't end well

Never quite see the obsession with 4-4-2. Those that want it say 4-5-1 doesn't work because of an away game to Aberdeen and away to celtic but just about every other game we've played this season has been 4-4-2. We havent been dominating games using it, we haven't been putting on silky displays of attacking football with it and we've been dropping stupid points against teams we should be easily beating.

Anyway as for the CIS cup is it not the case that Smith won't be picking the team as its McCoist who is in charge for the cups.

Refereeing decisions and fixture congestion with the result fatigue cost us last season not Smith and his negativity.

the only time 4-5-1 worked for us in an attacking sense was when we had alan hutton bombing down the right hand side eg celtic 3-0,lyon 3-0

since he left and broadfoot has filled the void it has been succesfully defensively but attacking wise it is woeful.

I disagree , i thought we were worse at ibrox...

The formation worked yesterday and we should ahve won the game.

Walters "negativity" got us to a european final last year, two cups and a league we were cheated out of as we were forced into playing to many games in too short a period of time.....

In fact when walter did try the 4-4-2 (like against dundee utd.) last season it didn't end well

Luck got us to a European final, there was no tactical genius there.

Don't think i have ever read more shite in my life......well done...... :cheers:

Well it's my opinion that we played in a manner that relied heavily on luck and that against Panathinaikos, Bremen and Fiorentina we got huge slices of luck in the away legs.

Not that i cared at the time mind you. :gerbad:

Don't think i have ever read more shite in my life......well done...... :cheers:

Well it's my opinion that we played in a manner that relied heavily on luck and that against Panathinaikos, Bremen and Fiorentina we got huge slices of luck in the away legs.

We did have some luck yes but to say we didn't tactically set up our team well to stifle, frustrate and then hit these teams on the break is extremely niave, one game could have been lucky but to get all the way to the final certainly cannot be put down to luck.....

why would a Rangers fan want to run our achievments into the ground in such a way...very strange.....

We did have some luck yes but to say we didn't tactically set up our team well to stifle, frustrate and then hit these teams on the break is extremely niave, one game could have been lucky but to get all the way to the final certainly cannot be put down to luck.....

why would a Rangers fan want to run our achievments into the ground in such a way...very strange.....

I don't, i just have a realistic view of how we achieved them. Like i said, at the time i didn't care. Perhaps i still wouldn't care if we'd had a go in the final but the game against Zenit summed it all up for me, he played for penalties and even when they scored he was reluctant to make changes.

I don't, i just have a realistic view of how we achieved them. Like i said, at the time i didn't care. Perhaps i still wouldn't care if we'd had a go in the final but the game against Zenit summed it all up for me, he played for penalties and even when they scored he was reluctant to make changes.

The thing is you don’t have a realistic view, to put our whole run down to luck is ridiculous

We lined up a fairly average squad of players against better teams with the hope of frustrating them and hitting them on the break, which worked four rounds in a row. Are we really to believe this isn’t to do with the tactics we employed but just down to this mythical luck……seriously ?