***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where does the sarcasm actually get you? I mean i know you do give it a good go, hoping it will put others off from posting, and take the gloss away from how bad Boyd really is (You have admitted the past 2 weeks he was shite yourself!) so why bother with it?

:lol:

Away and talk your shite somewhere else.

Ahh the obligatory emote to seal the deal.

Take your own advice.

Mate this is a football thread and you don't understand football. Only you and the moronic 'kriisy krissy boyd' brigade who stain our support think he can play. The rest of the footballing world know he is fat, drunken waste of space. But never mind the next time we play st mirren at home he will score the 2nd and 3rd goals in a 3 nil win and people like you will get awfully excited.

I've decided i'm going to just laugh at anything you post now. You've quite clearly not understood what i've written.

Where does the sarcasm actually get you? I mean i know you do give it a good go, hoping it will put others off from posting, and take the gloss away from how bad Boyd really is (You have admitted the past 2 weeks he was shite yourself!) so why bother with it?

Away and talk your shite somewhere else.

Ahh the obligatory emote to seal the deal.

Take your own advice.

Oh no, an EMOTE..

Cry me a river.

In the past two games the supply has simply not been there for him, for me he was as bad as the rest.

his movement, dropping deep and looking for the ball is appauling

It's not that bad. In fairness, I don't think his movement outside the box has been good in recent games.

Like I said, though, I think the whole team was poor in the past two league games and everyone has to take a portion of the blame. Boyds movement was poor but the lack of supply and general build up play through the midfield hasn't been there.

In the past two games the supply has simply not been there for him, for me he was as bad as the rest.

It's not that bad. In fairness, I don't think his movement outside the box has been good in recent games.

Like I said, though, I think the whole team was poor in the past two league games and everyone has to take a portion of the blame. Boyds movement was poor but the lack of supply and general build up play through the midfield hasn't been there.

his movement has never been good its embarassing. He shouldnt be at a club like Rangers.

The guy should be getting his wages docked. He wasn't the only guilty party today but his effort has been non existant so far this season. If he doesn't get his finger out I'd punt him January for 500k to at least get something rather than letting his contract run out.

and to think Boyd wants to play and CL and folk on here were saying he should.

After Millers performance today i wouldn't play him either :lol:

What does that leave us with? Novo, Naismith and Lafferty..

Miller offers so much more than Boyd will do. His movement, work rate and dragging defender. he done more when he came on than Boyd

Miller offers so much more than Boyd will do. His movement, work rate and dragging defender. he done more when he came on than Boyd

Not 'more' enough though.

How the fuck can you blame Kenny Miller for that performance today?

He came on when we had 10 men in our own half. He is not a miracle worker.

Kris Boyd was on the pitch when we had 11 men and done damn all!

Someone else who clearly can't read.

I haven't blamed Miller for the performance at all, since when did saying he did nothing turn into 'ITS MILLERS FAULT'?

doh

his movement has never been good its embarassing. He shouldnt be at a club like Rangers.

Nonsense.

We saw in the last 6 months of last season that he had the movement and the work ethic. It's not been good enough in recent games, but it is in there. What's not good enough is the fact he doesn't show it in every game.

I'll happily admit Boyd has his short comings and they are a lack of consistency, he doesn't show that he has the good movement or the workrate enough.

The thing that gets me he gets a chance today (which i wanted BTW), and doesn't look interested and is lucky not to get sent off. Is he to blame today no too many players were off the boil.

One thing though i've noticed.... Novo was just as bad today but i doubt Novo will get anything bad said against him, and he's in the exact same situation as Boyd.

Nonsense.

We saw in the last 6 months of last season that he had the movement and the work ethic. It's not been good enough in recent games, but it is in there. What's not good enough is the fact he doesn't show it in every game.

I'll happily admit Boyd has his short comings and they are a lack of consistency, he doesn't show that he has the good movement or the workrate enough.

He has improved a little in almost 4 years. It took him long enough. His attitude is a disgrace

What has bugged me about Boyd is that he had an excellent game against Celtic, followed by a decent performance for the title winning game, and somehow instead of working on that he seems to have gone quiet again.

I remembered someones comment last week of 'Looks like he's pulling a Caravan' and thought of that on a number of occasions today, made me laugh.

He needs to get his speed going again, he was fairly pacey when he first joined, getting in and about the defence in the box, scoring for fun, he now seems to be sitting too deep, and doing nothing there, attempting to show Walter he can drop deep, link up and defend, but so far this season it isn't working and his prescence in the box has disappeared because of it.

At one point he dropped deep today, passed to Mendes at the half way line , and instead of passing and running forward to wait for the cross or assist Naisey, he passed to Mendes, and then jogged forward a few yards and watched the play, leaving only Naismith on the far side of the box as we watch Whittaker (?) cross it to an empty box.

I really thought after a decent end to the season, he'd be off and running this season. If he's to stay he and the management need to work with him, he needs to put in extra hours to up his game further.

With a natural goal scoring ability like his, adding the other parts to his game would make him lethal, and at one point i thought he was getting there, only for the summer to come and be back to where we were before sadly.

In fairness, our midfield, especially today seem to lack support to our strikers, we had 1 shot today from Naismith outside the box, that needs worked on. I'm not saying just have Boyd stand there whilst everyone does everything else, but there needs to be something for the strikers whether that be Miller, Boyd, Naismith, Novo or Lafferty.

What has bugged me about Boyd is that he had an excellent game against Celtic, followed by a decent performance for the title winning game, and somehow instead of working on that he seems to have gone quiet again.

I remembered someones comment last week of 'Looks like he's pulling a Caravan' and thought of that on a number of occasions today, made me laugh.

He needs to get his speed going again, he was fairly pacey when he first joined, getting in and about the defence in the box, scoring for fun, he now seems to be sitting too deep, and doing nothing there, attempting to show Walter he can drop deep, link up and defend, but so far this season it isn't working and his prescence in the box has disappeared because of it.

At one point he dropped deep today, passed to Mendes at the half way line , and instead of passing and running forward to wait for the cross or assist Naisey, he passed to Mendes, and then jogged forward a few yards and watched the play, leaving only Naismith on the far side of the box as we watch Whittaker (?) cross it to an empty box.

I really thought after a decent end to the season, he'd be off and running this season. If he's to stay he and the management need to work with him, he needs to put in extra hours to up his game further.

With a natural goal scoring ability like his, adding the other parts to his game would make him lethal, and at one point i thought he was getting there, only for the summer to come and be back to where we were before sadly.

In fairness, our midfield, especially today seem to lack support to our strikers, we had 1 shot today from Naismith outside the box, that needs worked on. I'm not saying just have Boyd stand there whilst everyone does everything else, but there needs to be something for the strikers whether that be Miller, Boyd, Naismith, Novo or Lafferty.

Think it was Amac that said it, but it does sum him up at the moment.

He looks overweight again, and if that is the case then what the fuck is going on behind the scenes regarding Kris Boyd.

Fucking woeful once again, a fat, lazy, useless waste of space.

Hopefully this is his last season at Rangers, I can't stand seeing him fail to perform any longer.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

I know if I was playing for the club I love, entering the final year of my contract and wanting to get a new one then I would be working my balls off to make sure that happened.

Kris Boyd has a poor attitude and I don't want him anywhere near a syarting 11 in the near future!

I think that is a fair assesment. Here is my point though, you are saying about him adding parts to his game etc, yes that would be fantastic. If you added pace, power, ability on the ball to Kris Boyd, he would be worth a fucking bomb. But you said it yourself, he was terrific at first for us, he was actually quite fast, and had good control of the ball. He seems to have LOST that part of his game, whether thats due to management wanting him to do other things, or whether he just doesnt have the heart for it any more as he is in a comfort zone scoring freely at Ibrox in "non-big" occasions, i don't know.

He shouldnt really need to improve on his game, he should be a good enough player to be leading our line. This is Rangers, and we are not asking for miracles from Kris, just the basics.

He ISN'T the only one with this problem. We seem to get a nosebleed if we string more than 3 passes together at the one time, and end up slicing it out of play. It also does not help him when the likes of Weir are just hoofing it up the park to him when he has about 3 defenders around him, and Miller's runs seem to be getting wider and wider that it would take Iniesta to pick him out with a pass regularly.

Its the whole package of him and Miller up front thats not working. I didnt feel it worked particularly well last season either when people were saying about them being a prolific partnership. Their link up was predictable. Lump up to Boyd, knock down to Miller, and just hope for scraps after there.

The reality is right now Miller and Boyd simply arent turning up this season. Naismith has been much better than both of them (apart from today when he was as bad as both of them) and Lafferty is looking really sharp when played through the middle ( but typical Rangers luck, scores a cracking goal, then gets injured) , Walter needs to sacrifice the Boyd / Miller front line, for the good of our season before it gets any worse.

Im in no doubt at Ibrox Boyd will deliver, and will score plenty, and probably will score the odd away goal. But when he turns in terrible performance after terrible performance, changes are needed. And that goes for everyone in the first 11.

Worst player on the park today, and I include all the Killie players in that. Really really poor show again. I couldn't believe people behind me giving Walter dogs abuse for taking him off!

doh

What to do with Kris Boyd....