***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

boyd was terrible tonyt, he didnt look interested at all

i think walter should drop him and play lafferty and miller up front against killie

My choice would be Lafferty supported by Fleck (his real position IMO) and Aaron wide left. Combine that with Mendes, Davis and Ferguson as our front 6 and we'll walk the league

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was hopeless tonight, but MUST start against Killie.

I must say i'm suprised to see you say that, although i swear i read on here before that he's always scored against Killie when he plays them?

Not sure if thats true?

I must say i'm suprised to see you say that, although i swear i read on here before that he's always scored against Killie when he plays them?

Not sure if thats true?

That's my reason.

His record against Killie is absolutely astounding.

Not sure if thats true?

That's my reason.

Heres hoping he picks up again.

I really hope this summer he has a word spoken with him or thinks to himself about upping his game, just imagine the player he could be, with his strike, but with more effort, fitness etc.

Not sure if thats true?

That's my reason.

Should players be picked on that basis? Boyd was shocking tonight and you know i'm a fan of his, i'd start him on Saturday as a way of making up for tonight's display and then give him a spell on the bench if he yet again is poor. I'm not the manager but if i was i'd tell him that.

Not sure if thats true?

That's my reason.

Should players be picked on that basis? Boyd was shocking tonight and you know i'm a fan of his, i'd start him on Saturday as a way of making up for tonight's display and then give him a spell on the bench if he yet again is poor. I'm not the manager but if i was i'd tell him that.

I don't usually subscribe to the theory, but no matter how shite Boyd is playing, he scores against Killie.

Haven't a clue why this is, but it just happens.

(tu)

I think its up to Walter to see he's lost form and spark some inspiration in him again, a good manager would be able to pick up the form of a player who's lost it (goal striking wise for Boyd) or even see their potential, his goal scoring, and make the player up their game.

If only eh?

I thought under McCoist we'd see a much bigger impact, what happened?

Not sure if thats true?

That's my reason.

I really hope this summer he has a word spoken with him or thinks to himself about upping his game, just imagine the player he could be, with his strike, but with more effort, fitness etc.

And there's why I'm percieved as 'anti-Boyd'.

The whole 'upping his fitness and his overall game in the summer' idea has been mooted every season he's been at the club, but nothing has ever actually worked long term for him.

He's totally unwilling to REALLY improve his game by the looks of things and it appears that he's happy scoring against the best of the rest in the SPL and sitting it out for big games.

I wish it wasn't the case, but it's seeming more likely.

Heres what i was saying about the manager and McCoist though, i'm really suprised neither has spoken to him and tried to help more (maybe they have i dunno) but i really thought under McCoist, especially the way Coisty once upped his game by doing more fitness/training etc, that Boyd would become twice as proficient.

Not sure if thats true?

That's my reason.

The whole 'upping his fitness and his overall game in the summer' idea has been mooted every season he's been at the club, but nothing has ever actually worked long term for him.

He's totally unwilling to REALLY improve his game by the looks of things and it appears that he's happy scoring against the best of the rest in the SPL and sitting it out for big games.

I can't see him being happy with a place on the bench at Parkhead Papa.

Not sure if thats true?

That's my reason.

I don't usually subscribe to the theory, but no matter how shite Boyd is playing, he scores against Killie.

Haven't a clue why this is, but it just happens.

This is true, but if he scores and has a decent game it will only be fair he stays in the team for the next match.

Me neither.

To be honest, if i was the SPL's top goalscorer, and i'd been left on a bench, at a game which later proved to be goalless, i think i'd be pissed off :lol:

Not sure if thats true?

That's my reason.

He's well aware of what Smith et al think of him against big teams, yet he can't find it within himself to prove them wrong.

He either doesn't get the chance or he doesn't take the chance when it comes.

There's two conclusions;

1) He's simply not good enough to perform against Celtic or in Europe.

2) He's not willing to put the effort in to really improve himself.

Either way, it doesn't look too good for our Kris.

Previous scoring record against a team means fuck all to me - I look at a players form, how he performed in the last few games, especially the last one - he's been poor for far too long now, his performances against Forfar and Dundee United were a disgrace - I could just imagine the abuse should this have been Ferguson, Broadfoot, McCulloch, Adam....he was also poor against St. Johnstone, celtc, Falkirk and Inverness.

He does not deserve to start against Kille as Lafferty and Miller have done more in recent games.

Not sure if thats true?

That's my reason.

He's well aware of what Smith et al think of him against big teams, yet he can't find it within himself to prove them wrong.

He either doesn't get the chance or he doesn't take the chance when it comes.

There's two conclusions;

1) He's simply not good enough to perform against Celtic or in Europe.

2) He's not willing to put the effort in to really improve himself.

Either way, it doesn't look too good for our Kris.

He convinced them in December, and there was no chance of him playing as a lone striker unless the management is completely stupid. We've not had any European football this season, perhaps his form in the October-November period would have got him some game time in any European games we had but again with the 4-5-1 i doubt there'd be much chance.

There's been a lot of public statements from management and coaches about how hard Boyd has been working in training this season, i really don't know what went wrong tonight. But i still think he'll have a big part to play in the title challenge, whether it be successful or not.

I don't have any real evidence to back this up, but I do think that Boyd has a booze problem. He comes back from the summer break looking seriously out of condition and puts in a string of poor performances. He finally gets his act together in October and there's a lot of talk about him working harder in training etc. Then along comes the festive season and hey presto, he looks very sluggish again. I was totally unsurprised that he played the way he did on 27th December. Hasn't picked up since then and then gets dropped for the next OF game. Sounds like he's back on the sauce

People come up with this kind of thing all the time, he was also on drugs not all that long ago according to some.

He's got a rather idle style of play but i don't think he's an alcoholic or anything like that.

Didn't say he was an alcoholic, but if it is true that McGuiness signed him off training because he had a hangover then that is a problem in my book

People come up with this kind of thing all the time, he was also on drugs not all that long ago according to some.

He's got a rather idle style of play but i don't think he's an alcoholic or anything like that.

Didn't say he was an alcoholic, but if it is true that McGuiness signed him off training because he had a hangover then that is a problem in my book

Never read that before.

Scapegoat, that is all Boyd is, he played shit tonight, but people come on here and criticise him whatever happens. Muff said if it was another player they'd get slaughtered, apart from McCulloch, Whittaker and Ferguson no on gets slaughtered at all (Adam has now gone so he doesn't count), no one gets slaughtered as regularly as Boyd. Boyd ius basically damned if you do, damned if you don't.

For example there was a clamour for Lafferty v Sellik, he played shite but frankly his service was crap, but he, on the whole gets away with it, when it is Boyd and the service is crap, he gets slated for not working hard enough. It is Watty's fault that players look shit because he does fuck all to make them look good, plays them out of position, plays them with no support and worst of all, plays not to lose matches then the strikers get the blame for not scoring from the one or two chances created.

Yes Boyd can be at times shit, but so can everyone else, yet no one gets the flack Boyd gets for being off form.

They do, just more people talk about Boyd, he splits the fans right down the middle.

McCulloch, Broadfoot, Whittaker, Ferguson, Miller get it after every game, Mendes and Davis get it if they play poorly. Just so happens Boyd turns in poor performances most weeks, apart from a spell where he actually bothers his arse.