Rangers Captains

numansnewman

can anyone remember a LONG TERM rangers captain who.

1.signed for another club

2.was welcomed back.

therefore,barry is unique along with his manager.

ITS JUST A QUESTION

unique circumstances as opposed to unique player

can anyone remember a LONG TERM rangers captain who.

1.signed for another club

2.was welcomed back.

therefore,barry is unique along with his manager.

ITS JUST A QUESTION

Richard Gough???

Interesting.

Well he's doing a better job than McLeish and PLG. Or by your logic the only reason Smith took us to a European final was because of PLG and McLeish's work beforehand.

Well said.

We can still win the treble then advance in the CL.

Why be so gloomy?

Well he's doing a better job than McLeish and PLG. Or by your logic the only reason Smith took us to a European final was because of PLG and McLeish's work beforehand.

A better job than eck , remind me who was the last manager at rangers to win the the spl title

A better job than eck , remind me who was the last manager at rangers to win the the spl title

And the last one to get us to a european final? :pipe:

And the last one to get us to a european final? :pipe:

Winning the league> being runners up in a cup competition.

If your not first, your last and all that :pipe:

Winning the league> being runners up in a cup competition.

If your not first, your last and all that :pipe:

I do agree, but i was just saying, the last one to get us to a European final must have been years and years ago.

He has made a very good point , Iv never liked barry the same since he left to blackburn it just shows he's not loyal...He should have never have been the captain when he came back davie weir should get the captains band!

but weir will be gone at the end of the year,thomson coming back will give smith a terrible choice

1.do i drop barry?

2.do i drop mendes?

3.who gets the armband long term if i drop barry?

i honestly think he will sell mendes at the end of the year,to get money and solve his problem at the same time

He has made a very good point , Iv never liked barry the same since he left to blackburn it just shows he's not loyal...He should have never have been the captain when he came back davie weir should get the captains band!

but weir will be gone at the end of the year,thomson coming back will give smith a terrible choice

1.do i drop barry?

2.do i drop mendes?

i honestly think he will sell mendes at the end of the year,to get money and solve his problem at the same time

where's the logic in that!? sell the most technically gifted player in the team and keep a player (barry) whose re-sale value is sinking quicker than the titanic?

1.do i drop barry?

2.do i drop mendes?

where's the logic in that!? sell the most technically gifted player in the team and keep a player (barry) whose re-sale value is sinking quicker than the titanic?

cos of loyalty over ability..i dont agree with it at all,but i can see it happening

Eck & his football stopped me going to games after 20 years.Was so sick of watchin that shite I gave up going.

Found too many other pursuits to go back again on a weekly basis.

I went to a few PLG games & still go to Euro ties, tho I havent seen W.Smiths team in the league.

Eck holds the worst record of any Rangers manager versus Celtic, The tims used to sing about him to stay-when we wanted him out.

There were protests to get him to feck.

He also has the worst record of any Rangers Manager since about 1907 in the league.

Lucky manager with us & when Advocaats players left- his team was brutal.

Pish!!!!!