Liquidation is the best option now.

gersandy

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a fool now would now disagree that liquidation is the best option for us.

£55m owed to other clubs, losing £2m a month even WITH players dropping wages, a big tax case hanging over us.

Even if a new owner comes in, i can see us just going into admin again and again.

Unless some arab billionaire comes in, we'd be better off starting afresh.

Id be happy to watch a weak rangers team for a few years, if it meant the club was being run correctly.

get back to your knitting.

Here we go again

It's like this is never going to end is it

Makes you sick seeing all these clubs and business's like vodfone etc giving fuck all to HMRC but we end up getting shafted

I just can't wait for it to end, whatever the outcome

I'm fucking sick of the whole saga

It's been going on for 3 yrs now which is a disgrace fromthose meant to come to a decision

Am i missing something here, Walter Smith came out and said last Friday when he left 9 months ago all debt was cleared and Rangers were in their best financial state for 70-80 years.

Where do these figures come from?

Walter Smith would not have thought of the £8 million to debenture holders as a debt. Nor would he have any knowledge of the Ticketus deal or Whyte's non-payment of VAT and PAYE. Combined those three items amount to £49 million of the £55 million debt announced today. A further £3 million of debt to other clubs is more than offset by £3 million owed to Rangers by other clubs.

It's incredible the number of people deciding what's best for the club when they don't know half the facts. We don't know the details of the bids, we don't know the verdict of the big tax case and we don't know how HMRC will deal with the decision made in terms of repayment options. The media come out with a worst-case scenario and people lose their heads.

Read the statement. Doesnt matter how you dress it up. The fact is we owe out £55m, with the tax case taking it up to over £100m!

Were in a fucking shit state, and no amount of bartering with creditors is going to bring down our running costs.

Only a fool now would now disagree that liquidation is the best option for us.

£55m owed to other clubs, losing £2m a month even WITH players dropping wages, a big tax case hanging over us.

Even if a new owner comes in, i can see us just going into admin again and again.

Unless some arab billionaire comes in, we'd be better off starting afresh.

Id be happy to watch a weak rangers team for a few years, if it meant the club was being run correctly.

How do you arrive at this conclusion? A CVA is the best option for our Club. As for losing £2m a month that is not a correct take on how the Club operates. It is a skewed view due to our current predicament. Most of our income is front-loaded with season ticket sales which gives us operating cash which SHOULD be used throughout the season.

And what happened to the money we got for the arsenal shares? D&P say its dissapeared.

Didn't it disappear into a bank account of the stock brokerage Pritchard's which has since been frozen by regulators?

Am i missing something here, Walter Smith came out and said last Friday when he left 9 months ago all debt was cleared and Rangers were in their best financial state for 70-80 years.

Where do these figures come from?

the BTC the WTC Ticketus other clubs/ and fuck knows what else :anguish:

Read the statement. Doesnt matter how you dress it up. The fact is we owe out £55m, with the tax case taking it up to over £100m!

Were in a fucking shit state, and no amount of bartering with creditors is going to bring down our running costs.

Come on, young fellow, circa £8 million is owed to debenture holders ... that's more a debt of honour than a real monetary debt. The Ticketus debt could be challenged in the courts with a decent chance of success, although it looks like a more pragmatic approach will be taken as a trip through the courts could take a while.

Absolutely hilarious OP.

Sorry gersandy, and I know the figures being thrown about on radio and tv this afternoon are frightening, but the facts as we know them from todays report point to the entirely opposite from liquidation.

I dont support one bid over another as long as none of the bidders wish to go down the liquidation route, but take the BK bid as one example.

Their itiktus means that Ticketus claim against the club for £27M disappears. Add into that the debentures debt of £7.7M which is strictly debt from an accounting POV but will never be required to be repaid. Add as well the £3.3M owed to other clubs as we are owed in more than that from other clubs, so these offset in our favour. Take that £38M from the "OFFICIAL" debt of £55M (note that, £55M, not any other figure you see or read about), and you have an active debt of around £18M.

The BTC is not yet completed, and both our lawyers and the lawyers for the Murray Group still believe this will be won. We will see, but in any event it is most unlikely (next to impossible actually) for us to be hit with the full £93M in tax, fines and penalties from HMRC. Also, HMRC have already stated (privately) they will be happy with a long-term payment plan for any debt arising.