Liquidation is the best option now.

gersandy

Away jump off a bridge somewhere, the last thing bears need right now. In fact I suspect that you are one of their lot who's purile little mind gets their kicks out of trying to cause others distress.

FAIL just like your club did trying to win the title at Ibrox numpty.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the statement. Doesnt matter how you dress it up. The fact is we owe out £55m, with the tax case taking it up to over £100m!

Were in a fucking shit state, and no amount of bartering with creditors is going to bring down our running costs.

Oh! woe is me. the sky is falling in chicken little. FFS send me your address and I'll send you the razor. Do us all a favour and use it.

Liquidation was never the best option for the fans , but it was Whytes goal from day one , and Murray knew that to , as much as he denies it.

He put all the cogs in position and is now lying low waiting, as the end game gets nearer.

Also how would any business man in their right mind take on a company with so much debt and doom hanging over it ?

Liquidation is the only way out of this mess , the only hope is that somebody nails Whyte soon as he's going to walk away with even more millions than he has already screwed us out of .......

Yes Ticketus debt reduces but only if they are with TBK and assuming TBK is the successful bidder but I think they will also take equity to cover at least part of the remaining debt. The Debenture debt is simply that and will depend on how many holders complete their claim I should imagine but it is still a debt.

Ticketus said they would do the same deal with any potential successful owners not just TBK

Ticketus said they would do the same deal with any potential successful owners not just TBK

I keep hearing this but not read it anywhere or heard it from the horses mouth, so to speak.

Not saying youre wrong, but I've not saw it in black and white.

Not exactly true TB, Ticketus debt doesn't disappear and neither does the Debenture debt.

Obviously the debenture debt doesnt disappear, but there will be no requirement for it ever to be repaid, therefore my argument stands.

And as for Ticketus, they have 2 choices. One is to chase Whyte/RFC through the courts and get nothing, the other is to do a deal like they have done with the BK that writes off most of the debt and lets the rest be repaid over several years, not repayable on ST sales. So therefore we have a scenario where there £27M debt as on our Creditors list as at 14 Feb can be wiped out.

and ignore the fact other clubs owe us money.

What you have in that amount is hysterical timmmy wet dreams and normal running costs of a club. Including the fact we are in admin, of course it looks bad. Just seen the front of one rag, its now 140 million. By next week it'll be 200 million then the next 400 and so on so forth.

Keep calm or stop believing the bheast, you decide.

Liquidation was never the best option for the fans , but it was Whytes goal from day one , and Murray knew that to , as much as he denies it.

He put all the cogs in position and is now lying low waiting, as the end game gets nearer.

Also how would any business man in their right mind take on a company with so much debt and doom hanging over it ?

Liquidation is the only way out of this mess , the only hope is that somebody nails Whyte soon as he's going to walk away with even more millions than he has already screwed us out of .......

Sassaaaa and gersandy, sitting in a tree...

To many folk in here can't see the obvious outcome , and i don't like it any more than you do .........

Liquidation is an option but by no means an inevitability. Rather than go over again why that is the case, I'd refer you back to many sensible posts in here explaining why releasing scaremongering figured into the media isn't going to sway most into believing we actually owe such a large amount. Or I'd even refer you to the topic in which a leading financial expert states that nowt has changed with the release of these figures and that CVA is still the way forward.

Obviously the debenture debt doesnt disappear, but there will be no requirement for it ever to be repaid, therefore my argument stands.

And as for Ticketus, they have 2 choices. One is to chase Whyte/RFC through the courts and get nothing, the other is to do a deal like they have done with the BK that writes off most of the debt and lets the rest be repaid over several years, not repayable on ST sales. So therefore we have a scenario where there £27M debt as on our Creditors list as at 14 Feb can be wiped out.

Sorry, fecking phone when scrolling, they should move approve/ disapprove elsewhere, will make rep back to you

Think the OP is panicking a little much.

A CVA essentially wipes the debt and allows the club to pay back less money to their creditors at a suitable rate, which allows the club to carry on and ensures that the creditors get SOME money which they wouldn't from liquidation.

Also, obligatory "fuck Craig Whyte" statement.

Wouldn't be anywhere near as bad if it wasn't for him. Blame Murray all you like but Whyte created £40M of debt in a year, whereas Murray MAY HAVE incurred around £35M of this over TEN years plus penalties... if you believe the media/ whyte.

Only a fool now would now disagree that liquidation is the best option for us.

£55m owed to other clubs, losing £2m a month even WITH players dropping wages, a big tax case hanging over us.

Even if a new owner comes in, i can see us just going into admin again and again.

Unless some arab billionaire comes in, we'd be better off starting afresh.

Id be happy to watch a weak rangers team for a few years, if it meant the club was being run correctly.

Go do your homework. You don't have a clue what you're yammering on about! :wanker:

Liquidation is an option but by no means an inevitability. Rather than go over again why that is the case, I'd refer you back to many sensible posts in here explaining why releasing scaremongering figured into the media isn't going to sway most into believing we actually owe such a large amount. Or I'd even refer you to the topic in which a leading financial expert states that nowt has changed with the release of these figures and that CVA is still the way forward.

and leading financial experts are never wrong eh ?

To me and many others for months now , liquidation is inevitable . Thats been the plan from day one , and its coming to a close very soon .

Its not a good conclusion for the fans or players but its going to happen , and whether we like it or not , Whyte looks as though he's going to walk away with more millions than he already has . Whether he lives long enough to enjoy them is another matter ........

and leading financial experts are never wrong eh ?

To me and many others for months now , liquidation is inevitable . Thats been the plan from day one , and its coming to a close very soon .

Its not a good conclusion for the fans or players but its going to happen , and whether we like it or not , Whyte looks as though he's going to walk away with more millions than he already has . Whether he lives long enough to enjoy them is another matter ........

Well i'll take the thoughts of a (and the clue is in the name) financial experts over those of most, especially scaremongering journos, people with agendas and folk on messageboards. Put it this way, A financial expert says that CVA is more likely, you, an individual on a messageboard says liquidation is more likely. Please tell me who I should pay attention to?

The majority can see that CVA is still a very viable option, to discount it seems needless at the moment. Nobody is saying that liqidation isn't a possibility, it is a very real one, simply don't see how it is an inevitability though, and i'm generally a pessimistic bastard. There are countless posts picking apart the numbers, pointing towards Ticketus and HMRC both willing to do deals, I haven't seen any posts explaining why exactly liquidation is inevitable other than folk simply seeing the numbers '1', '3' and '4' and panicking.

I can't really disagree with you on the Whyte points, it's what he seems to be after, he's clearly broken a lot of rules to do so. Let's just hope we can beat him out of this one

So whats the alternative?

A new owner comes in. Bearing in mind they all have different views on how this problem can be tackled. So they all have different agendas.

I hope someone comes in with loads of cash on the hip and sorts us out, but i just dont see that happening.

TBKs would be my preferred option as PM as spoke openly about transparency and how a football club should be run. But, hes been on the board before and couldnt piece together a takeover when DM was selling up. So whats changed?

The american bid, nobody seems to have a good word to say about them, and could be looking to make a fast buck (pardon the pun).

The bid from the far east, totally unknown, but may be headed by a scottish born businessman. For me, another unknown quantity.

The problem is, none of these potential new owners have rangers in their hearts. Maybe PM does, but i dont think his bid has enough behind it.

As ive said before, 100% fan ownership is required now, not a share scheme, but a club membership model. Where we elect a chairman. Maybe a Paul Murray or whoever heading it up. And i dont see that happening without liquidation.

Theres too many simularities to pompey for me, and i can see us drifting back into admin again.

I hope im proved wrong though and one of these bidders takes us back to where we belong.