40 years since Barcelona. Alfie Conn

cenotaph

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The guy was a professional and Celtic were willing to offer him a contract.

Fair enough. Not a big deal. It's this sort of shite that held us back.

Held us back from what? Being world record beaters? :rolleyes:

For those saying he had to feed his family....I mean come on. Even back then Dundee Utd or Aberdeen would've paid enough to feed a family. Or get another job. Or become a prostitute. But really, anything other than playing for them.

We all make mistakes in life and if he was to come out and acknowledge the error of his ways then that would be one step forward to forgiveness. If he doesn't understand that Rangers fans are miffed about what he did then he was certainly never a Rangers fan. If he was, it would be as clear as day to him.

I'm not doubting he's a "nice bloke". I'm sure he is. But Rangers man?? Never.

wrong, sat next to him at parkhead when he was at wolves.was at the match with alex rae. he's still a cunt for playing for them, same as conn,pressley and brown. jonstone is just a cunt in every sense of the word.

Wrong?

What the fuck are you on about? :lol:

The guy was a professional and Celtic were willing to offer him a contract.

Fair enough. Not a big deal. It's this sort of shite that held us back.

Aye, I'm sure we would have made it to another cup final if we weren't so bitter about the cunt being a judas.

On another note, I had a dream we were in another one in Manchester a few years ago, didn't end so well that time though. :disappointment:

I know Alfie personally and he is a genuinely nice guy.

He signed for Celtic as he had no other offers to consider due to his injury problems. He had a family to feed so signed for them.

Alfie is and always has been a Rangers fan....nothing to be forgiven for!

i had a family to feed and done a bit of shopliftin.

I don't hate him now, though at the time he signed for them I was gutted and furious at him. Nowadays, I've found it's much better on the blood pressure if choose to dwell on his contributions to the cup winning side of '72 ; I've put up a mental firewall to keep those other not so pleasant memories out in the wilderness where they belong.

Me as well. I was really upset when he signed for Spurs and truly gutted when he signed for them, but can completely understand this type of decision if you have a family and your options are limited. I don't suppose it was an easy one fr him to make. My lasting memory of Alfie Conn is his goal in the 'Tam Forsyth' cup final in 1973.