Imran Ahmad - where does today's news leave him?

boss

Will Imran Ahmad go along with Green, or will he stay as a director of the football club?

Indeed, will the plc board try to force him out?

And what about Brian Stockbridge for that matter? Does his success with the IPO makes him untouchable just now?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My own belief is you will see a reappearance of the CashLites who will manoeuvre chums onto the board, and possibly some shares sold to the man unable to become a director before heading down a majority shareholder route.

Will Imran Ahmad go along with Green, or will he stay as a director of the football club?

Indeed, will the plc board try to force him out?

And what about Brian Stockbridge for that matter? Does his success with the IPO makes him untouchable just now?

Imran is not on the board if I remember correctly?

Has Charles Green said he's actually leaving the club? Maybe he's only standing down as CEO and will still attend games as a shareholder etc?

As just a shareholder he'll hold no employment with the club, but yes in theory he could still sit in the directors box if he wants.

I would worry if alot of people started leaving, Charles was a great CEO and spokesman but he didnt do everything himself, i would not want to see Stockbridge, Amhad ect leave because Charles is as i fear it would destabilise us massively at a importaint time just as the season ends and planning for next season should be in full swing. We need stability not another takeover saga.

Imran is not on the board if I remember correctly?

He is on the board of the football club (The Rangers Football Club Limited) but not the holding company (Rangers International Football Club plc) hence the wording of my question. :P

I would worry if alot of people started leaving, Charles was a great CEO and spokesman but he didnt do everything himself, i would not want to see Stockbridge, Amhad ect leave because Charles is as i fear it would destabilise us massively at a importaint time just as the season ends and planning for next season should be in full swing. We need stability not another takeover saga.

The people who Green brought in can't feel all that comfortable about staying surely?

Has Charles Green said he's actually leaving the club? Maybe he's only standing down as CEO and will still attend games as a shareholder etc?

As a shareholder he has no involvement of the day to day running of the club, I would imagine he'll stick around til June time then leave with his head held high.

As for the others, I think they will stay neither as high profile as Green, certainly Stockbridge has no reason to leave as it stands.

if ahmed leaves then there is truth to the cw stories, if he stays, which i think he will then charlie vindicated when the truth about cw comes out, mean while we have lost a great ceo who was on our side, to replace him it will need someone with :7325: baw zzzzzzzzzzz because the haters will not stop at killing us off

The people who Green brought in can't feel all that comfortable about staying surely?

I dont know, that might be the case but i would hope they will all take the view that they work for Rangers and not Charles, i suppose its like if a manager signs a few players then gets sacked the players are going to wonder if the next manager will keep them or have his own signings brought in, but the club is always the real employer and their duty is with Rangers.

I dont know, that might be the case but i would hope they will all take the view that they work for Rangers and not Charles, i suppose its like if a manager signs a few players then gets sacked the players are going to wonder if the next manager will keep them or have his own signings brought in, but the club is always the real employer and their duty is with Rangers.

Probably true, so long as there isn't some sort of plan to make our entire board make up 'Rangers men'.

As for the others, I think they will stay neither as high profile as Green, certainly Stockbridge has no reason to leave as it stands.

If (and it's still a big if because we just don't know for sure yet) CG was involved with CW, you can see all sorts of rumour, speculation and innuendo surrounding the others.

I think alot will depend on the independent inquiry re Ahmed....if he is seen to have been involved in something untoward then is imagine he will leave however the exact reasons for greens departure are purely based on speculation at this point....it may well be that the statement released is accurate....certainly I don't see any reason for Stockbridge to go, he seems very switched on based on the interviews he has given so far!

I think alot will depend on the independent inquiry re Ahmed....if he is seen to have been involved in something untoward then is imagine he will leave however the exact reasons for greens departure are purely based on speculation at this point....it may well be that the statement released is accurate....certainly I don't see any reason for Stockbridge to go, he seems very switched on based on the interviews he has given so far!

How about Stockbridge taking over from Green?

He is on the board of the football club (The Rangers Football Club Limited) but not the holding company (Rangers International Football Club plc) hence the wording of my question. :P

Is he definitely on the board of the football club? He isn't listed here -

http://www.rangers.co.uk/business-centre/investor-centre/board-management/board-of-directors